bombast

XL
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy Impala
Trim
XL
How does the computer calculate MPG. Is it only counting gas (So he did 25 miles on 0.5 gallons) or is it including electric miles (The gas engine got 25 miles on 1 gallon)?

Eagle11

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2015 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Trim
XLT
How does the computer calculate MPG. Is it only counting gas (So he did 25 miles on 0.5 gallons) or is it including electric miles (The gas engine got 25 miles on 1 gallon)?
It calculates both, ICE and Elec but he must have been hypermiling to get those numbers.

CoryDallas8123

XLT
First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It calculates both, ICE and Elec but he must have been hypermiling to get those numbers.
Still very cool to see the Hybrid able to get 50.

buckaroo

XL
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Trim
XL
Without the hybrid you'll be lucky to even get 30 on the hwy. I average 35 + in the city alone in my 100% petrol Honda. I do run premium but only to get the range, under a 11 gallon tank I'm cruising over 424 miles.

Sadly the Honda is a dog, but what utility. With the blessings (of you know who) I'm looking towards the Maverick in 2025. Hybrid of course, it would be my last vehicle. I'm building a camper and hitting the road, hope to die somewhere quiet alone and not in a old folks home being abused, humiliated and robbed by low-lives at minimum wage.

CoryDallas8123

XLT
First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Without the hybrid you'll be lucky to even get 30 on the hwy. I average 35 + in the city alone in my 100% petrol Honda. I do run premium but only to get the range, under a 11 gallon tank I'm cruising over 424 miles.

Sadly the Honda is a dog, but what utility. With the blessings (of you know who) I'm looking towards the Maverick in 2025. Hybrid of course, it would be my last vehicle. I'm building a camper and hitting the road, hope to die somewhere quiet alone and not in a old folks home being abused, humiliated and robbed by low-lives at minimum wage.
I'm ready for anything better than my 22 I get with my A4. If that's 40+ i'll be over the moon.

Good luck with the camper, sounds like a nice little way to go off into the sunset.

CoryDallas8123

XLT
First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I've always found the computer in my Ford optimistic. That being said, makes the claimed 40 city seem very likely.
I like how you've updated your current vehicle list on your profile to include Mav. I will be stealing that. haha.

Do you have a build date?

CoryDallas8123

XLT
First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase

CoryDallas8123

XLT
First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Yours says you drive a Maverick, too! 🤣

I don't have a build date. I'm thinking mine will be here summer, 2022.
I saw yours and copied it. hahaha.

I am holding out hope for a March/April 2022 delivery. Before it gets too hot here and my current cars AC will need to be used again.

mamboman777

XLT
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Trim
XLT
I saw yours and copied it. hahaha.

I am holding out hope for a March/April 2022 delivery. Before it gets too hot here and my current cars AC will need to be used again.
I don't recall entering that, but it wouldn't be the first time I did something without remembering.

I would like my Maverick ASAP. My current Ford focus is still holding on, but I just had to get new battery and AC blower... Don't want to keep putting money into it.

That being said, as long as I can get good value for my current car without it going bad before, I'll be happy whenever.

Advertisement

Advertisement