First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not all dealers are bad and I suspect many are fine but there are some that rate a 5 star rating. I hope others can add to this about their good experiences.

If you have a bad experience, try not to add to this post. There are many threads already started.

Good people and businesses do exist and I feel they need recognition when it is earned by them.

I went to Oroville Ford on 9/7 to buy a Maverick. Dealer salesman named Tommy said I had to order it. There was a 1295.00 ADM but he said he thought that was going away that day. I asked him to call me if that was the case.

on 9/8 Tommy called me. ADM was removed and MSRP was available. I went down there about a hour later and gave him 500 deposit and a hand shake.

on 9/16 I saw that 1.9% financing was ending on 10/4. I call Tommy 9/16 he said he would look into if I could lock in the 1.9% and call me back. Next day (9/17) he called and send me a screen print that indicated I was locked in at the 1.9%. The screen print also had the Vin number on it. He told me the build date was 11/8.

I would sometimes stop by Oroville Ford just to say hi to Tommy and relate some information I read on this forum. I told him when my window sticker showed up and he looked it up. Told me my build date had moved to 11/22. Around 11/29 I while using the tracker that the date had changed and it changed again on 11/30. He also said the OKTB had been issued.

On 12/10 I figured it had shipped North and made it to CA. I saw Tommy that afternoon briefly and he said it was in Benicia (126 miles south of Oroville). He said maybe Monday as he knew my 73rd birthday was 12/15.

No news but I waited. I checked the tracker 12/15 at 8pm and it had changed to "delivered". 12/16 morning Tommy called and said it arrived and to give him some time to get it setup for delivery so 2:30pm was agreed to. I went there at 2:30 he handed me the key fob and we walked out to the truck and he said they found something that was scuffed and would be replaced as they would order it. Turns out to be 2 one inch long scratches on the top edge of the drivers door. Hardly noticeable but once you see a scratch you always see a scratch.

I told him thanks and asked him if he ever drove the Hybrid Maverick, He said no just the ecoboost. I gave him the key and said let's go for a ride out to the freeway to the 3rd exit and come back. So at the turn around spot I drove it back to the dealer. We were both pleased with it's power and quietness (for a truck).

Back at Oroville Ford, he filled out a form with my drivers license and references info for finance. He soon returned with Ford baseball cap and a tires shaped tool kit that had Oroville Ford in the middle. I thought that was nice. He also presented a rough form with the figures of what the total would be counting price, taxes, doc fees and license. I didn't see anything like ADM fees and things looks about what I had in my mind would be correct.

He then took me down to the finance office. Kristin (the finance manager) was sitting at her computer with forms in front of her. There, we over the cost 23875 MSRP for XLT with hitch. 85.00 doc fee, 1976.70 sales tax the 30.00+ 210.00,+ 134.00+ 8.75 for various DMV fees for 26,319.45 total cost less my down payment. Took about 45 minutes. She did add cost of extended warranty (3350.00) but pointed it out and asked me if I wanted it. I told her NO. She erased it off the screen she was showing me. All was good at that point so we did all the real paper copies and I signed my name about 15-20 times until we were done. She put copies of the things I signed in a envelope she handed me. Nice and professional.

Tommy parked my truck in front, asked if he could take my picture by the truck for their Facebook page and I told him, sure. We shook hands and I drove off (he had filled up the tank with gas) prior.

I do have some thoughts I want to say about the process.
Yes, I did put trust in the salesman I had dealt with. But I had the impression this guy was honorable. BUT..... I had nothing in writing. I think because all the negativity on this forum about bad dealers and last minute ADM charges, I did worry if I would get a last minute huge ADM. I did have some anxiety for a few days prior to getting my truck. Truly my fault as the dealer had never indicated they were that type of people. If I had set down and taken the time to get everything in writing and signed by the finance department then I would have saved myself all the grief and anxiety about a surprise ADM. My fault, my bad.

Now FORD as a company has all along said I had no orders or reservations. They never once sent me an email for any reason and the only web link that worked was the tracker where I put in the sales order number and the vin but even it was often down for long periods of time.

In closing, I wish all forum members had a dealership as good or better than mine. I guess I am just lucky.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations and Happy Birthday once again as we have touched base before.

Very happy to read and follow your Maverick tale...... with a solid professional dealer experience to boot. It sounds trivial but this is how business should be conducted. Simple, straight forward with a solid sale and a satisfied new Ford owner. The dealer wins with a profit ( not huge mind you but a profit), they keep the lights on and referrals build their book of business!
Enjoy your ride as you sound like a true gentleman ✔🇺🇸

From everything you said - they did roll up the windows following Northern California’s wet weather as you hoped for....😂

Last edited:

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would give my dealer 5 stars. They ordered my maverick with no deposit and no add on fees. I was offered Ford financing at zero percent financing. My salesman ( Shauz Daniels) called me as soon as it was unloaded off the truck. The finance office did not pressure me to buy any add on items that pad the dealers profit margin. I bought a plain XL but they treated me like I was buying an expensive truck. I would absolutely give Jacky Jones Ford in Sweetwater Tennessee 5 stars. No gimmicks and no disappointments.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Granger makes this list for me. No funny business, easy process and up front throughout.

Purchased around 20 vehicles in as many years and this was one of my top buying experiences.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Granger makes this list for me. No funny business, easy process and up front throughout.

Purchased around 20 vehicles in as many years and this was one of my top buying experiences.
Thanks for the confirmation on Granger. We will be headed to Iowa via Amtrak when they give us a call to pickup the the XLT. Should be a great road trip back as it will probably be late Winter for that trip ✔🇺🇸

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Holman Ford Turnersville and Maple Shade NJ, are selling at MSRP. They were professional and communicative.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can and did give Chapman Horsham 5 STARS when Ford asked me to rate them after picking up my Maverick. Very easy car buying experience though them. Thanks Tom, Steve, and the rest of the team!

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can and did give Chapman Horsham 5 STARS when Ford asked me to rate them after picking up my Maverick. Very easy car buying experience though them. Thanks Tom, Steve, and the rest of the team!
I second Chapman Ford in PA. as 5 stars.
Ordered via email from Georgia. We took care of all paperwork via email, phone and next day mail. Payment made via electronic. Price was exactly as signed on my DORA form.
Did a courtesy delivery and picked it up in Atlanta at the courtesy delivery dealer. In and out in 10 minutes.
Overall the whole process was the easiest I ever experienced from any dealer when buying a new car.

Last edited:

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d add Sawgrass Ford Fort Lauderdale to the list so far. No fees, extra-ordinarily straight forward and direct, very easy, and helpful. They not only got our order in correctly, let us check out colors from cars on the lot, answered our phone calls, followed up when they needed to - they also put our order in as highest priority. May mean nothing but so far a very positive experience.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mike Maroone Ford in Longmont, CO. Respectful, professional, and no slime at any point. Great experience.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fraher Ford in Pontiac IL and Delong Ford in Dwight IL.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hubler Ford Franklin. Franklin Indiana

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not all dealers are bad and I suspect many are fine but there are some that rate a 5 star rating. I hope others can add to this about their good experiences.
I've shared my story of purchasing my VB XL from Tolliver Ford of Mineola Texas several times here. Ordered my XL on Oct. 6, with Morgan who is responsible for internet sales. Received great communication all along on the progress of my order. Received a phone call on Nov. 9 that my XL had arrived. Morgan referred me to the salesman, Josh to complete the sale. I was given a fair trade that when considering and adding the saving of sales tax was almost the same as a great offer from CarMax. The trade was more than I paid for the car 2 1/2 years ago. My wife and I picked up our XL on Nov. 10.

I would consider Tolliver Ford a five star dealer and the people I dealt with friendly people who followed up with their commitments. Who knew you could order a new Maverick from the factory and get it in 35 days.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local guy has been great so far-- very responsive, knowlegeable, etc..... but I'm gonna wait until after the final papers get signed to make sure they don't throw any last minute BS at me.
Sponsored