NonFormulaic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should I pull the trigger? I ordered on back on Sept 15th and I imagine I’ll wait for 12 more months. This hybrid has the Luxury and the co Pilot option.
Am I being exploited?
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Should I pull the trigger? I ordered on back on Sept 15th and I imagine I’ll wait for 12 more months. This hybrid has the Luxury and the co Pilot option.
Am I being exploited?
Have you bargained with him. How about you say 2.5 over or you walk. Or something like that. Whatever you feel comfortable with. In the meantime, shop around. Maybe there's a dealer with no markup. Even if you have to drive an hour or two.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I being exploited?
If you want it...and you can afford it...only you can determine the value. My Lariat Lux Hybrid BAP should be here within 30 days...for about $32.5k. It wouldn't be worth $37.5k to me to buy it...but you might be different.

OP
OP

NonFormulaic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want it...and you can afford it...only you can determine the value. My Lariat Lux Hybrid BAP should be here within 30 days...for about $32.5k. It wouldn't be worth $37.5k to me to buy it...but you might be different.
Thanks for the opinion! Curious as to when you ordered it?

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the opinion! Curious as to when you ordered it?
November 3, 2021...450 days ago. I was cancelled /reordered in November and had the opportunity to add BAP at the re-ordering.
I just went into production 1/12/23...but the tracker has shown no movement since. Ford continues to predict a 2/2-2/8 delivery window for me so I hope it is on the train!

OP
OP

NonFormulaic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
November 3, 2021...450 days ago. I was cancelled /reordered in November and had the opportunity to add BAP at the re-ordering.
I just went into production 1/12/23...but the tracker has shown no movement since. Ford continues to predict a 2/2-2/8 delivery window for me so I hope it is on the train!
Congrats! You’re a patient guy. I’m 76 and frankly, I’m not even sure I’ll be driving in 450 days.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! You’re a patient guy. I’m 76 and frankly, I’m not even sure I’ll be driving in 450 days.
I WAS 73 when I ordered...will be 74.5 when it arrives. Hell, if I was your age, I'd buy it! I figure this is the last pickup/RV Towed I'll need. It is replacing a 2003 S-10 I bought new 20 years ago. I doubt I'll need it after 95.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Just an fyi you guys are being trolled.

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t pay it! Screw these dealers, the more we don’t pay the more they will have to lower the price!

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I WAS 73 when I ordered...will be 74.5 when it arrives. Hell, if I was your age, I'd buy it! I figure this is the last pickup/RV Towed I'll need. It is replacing a 2003 S-10 I bought new 20 years ago. I doubt I'll need it after 95.
I am on the other side of the fence, I am 76 and will never pay over MSRP for anything, even a pacemaker if I needed one. I have bought 3 Mavericks under MSRP but I was younger then. :)

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I being exploited?
If you have deep pockets and want to spend $$$ - But I think you will feel abused and regret it, if the truck market continues to fall on its face. By next year Ford won't be able to sell a truck. They will be giving discounts on most models. And remember that Chevy and Toyota have small trucks coming.

But if you Need it now - you need it, and you pay what the market prices dictates.

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind, just a few months ago, dealers wanted 10 over on lariats.... a few still do, but most are down to JUST $5000 over now it seems.

Give it a few more months and I believe you will see dealers happy to sell them at MSRP.

At this point, with used prices falling on late model low miles stuff ( which is always a good option over brand new ).... and all manufacturers are starting to have dealer stock of at least certain model vehicles... There is not a ton of NEED for anyone buying a vehicle to pay a " market adjustment " price.

The only reason those marked up prices exist today, is because some vehicles are still very popular and there isn't much of that model coming in, or any just sitting on the lot collecting dust. There are ALOT of people that want a maverick and at any given time a dealer might only have 1 on the lot or none. And there isn't a ton of them for sale used, and the used ones are priced same as new.... So if a person wants a maverick today, with such low supply, the sellers ( dealers and private parties ) can ask a price premium and get it.

So you have to ask yourself, how bad do you want it. If you want it pretty bad and your not willing to wait till prices come down, then paying the extra 5 grand is what it takes to have that in your driveway.

Myself, I have mavericks on order ( I ordered more than 1 ).... and although (like a kid excited for Christmas morning ) I really really really want one right now.... I know that to me, it is foolish to pay over MSRP for one, when sooner or later one of the mavericks I ordered will be built and or by later this year I believe it will be much easier to find a low mile used one below MSRP or a new one at MSRP. You can already get a EcoBoost at MSRP without too much trouble, only a matter of time before you can do the same on a hybrid.
Sponsored