First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my white xlt Hybrid late 12/16, 12/17 I drove around showing it to friends and getting acquainted with it. 12/18 Saturday, I let my wife take me to lunch with her driving about 50 miles then I drove it home after. She has a Prius so she liked it.

Today 12/19 was my new truck detail. I had some unused hard plastic mudflaps so decide to pop off the 3 plastic pins behind each front tire on the fender well, measure the holes and then drill holes in the mudflaps. Turned out ok. Now maybe the bottom sides of the front doors will stay cleaner.

I know the dealer had only washed it (I wanted only that). I foam washed it in my driveway, dried it, then into the garage for clay barring the body to be sure paint was as smooth as it could be. Then I used liquid carnauba wax on it. A small step ladder comes in handy for the roof and top of the hood. This also gave me a detailed look for any paint problems. Found none. I also waxed the inside of the bed since it is open until my bedrug and cover that is on order comes in.

For fun I re-purposed some sun shades from my VOLT I no longer own that fit the Maverick front window well. Good for a laugh but useful too.

Ford Maverick 4th Day with my Hybrid-spend 6 hours on it IMG-7613

Ford Maverick 4th Day with my Hybrid-spend 6 hours on it IMG-7609
Sponsored