Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is what I don't understand...

If you look at the order guide sheets, compare the 4K Tow Package with FX4. No mention of hitch class, both welded on... so theoretically couldn't non-tow with fx4 tow 4,000lbs if it was a short run nd not an everyday thing? Our Model Y can tow 3,500# on little electric motors...

Really, all you're getting is drive ratio, trans oil cooler, brake controller + 7-pin, right??

4K TOW INCLUDES (Req. AWD)
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver w. 7-pin Connector
  • Transmission Oil Cooler
  • Higher Capacity Radiator
  • Upgraded Cooling Fan
  • Upgraded Drive Ratio (AWD)
FX4 PACKAGE (Also Req. AWD) & In addition to off-road specific accessories, includes:
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin
  • Higher Capacity Radiator
  • Upgraded Cooling Fan
Sponsored

Last edited:

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No 4K for FWD Maverick and now no more 4K for AWD Ford's dropping the ball again

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Ford if you Are Listening Build additional Mavericks here in the USA!Build the Bronco Sport and Mach E here too! Plenty of production capacity here.
If only it were as easy as that. Setting up a production line (especially for a new model) is YEARS in the making, and millions of dollars of investment. The planning for the Maverick launch was probably done no later than 2019, which was a totally different world than the one we're in now. They can't just decide to start building them in a different facility overnight.

(This next part is directed at no one in particular) There's a lot of frustration out there - I get it - but holy shit, first-world problems guys. And holy crap, there are a TON of experts on this forum that seem to know a lot more than Ford when it comes to production lines, product design, global supply chain, sales & marketing, etc. Maybe we should all band together and start our own auto company!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welp, guess I need to cancel my appointment at the dealership on Monday. I had just decided today what exactly to order. -1 sale for Ford.
It may be worth trying out on Monday:

Tim of Long McArther recently reported that this is a software glitch on the order process and gave a work around in one of his most recent videos so that the 4K Tow package can be added to an order.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LongMcArthurSalina/videos

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welp, guess I need to cancel my appointment at the dealership on Monday. I had just decided today what exactly to order. -1 sale for Ford.
I was going to contact my dealer on Monday to order. Guess I’m not either.

Marcus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supposedly the First Edition is also sold out. Both of these options are on the build site. with no notes. Only the Hybrid engine has a "limited availability" note on it.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Supposedly the First Edition is also sold out. Both of these options are on the build site. with no notes. Only the Hybrid engine has a "limited availability" note on it.
Yes, the First Edition is also showing as balanced out.

Marcus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a FE Oct. 11. Ford marketing line told me my order was "processing" yesterday. Is that good or am I screwed?

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a FE Oct. 11. Ford marketing line told me my order was "processing" yesterday. Is that good or am I screwed?
My money is on……Your Good.

Deleted member 1370

😳. To be clear I’m assuming orders that have been submitted, but not built will still go through. Yes?
yea i hope so! mine is scheduled for week of november 1st so hopefully that still goes through and they have whats left for people whom already ordered/scheduled

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yea i hope so! mine is scheduled for week of november 1st so hopefully that still goes through and they have whats left for people whom already ordered/scheduled
I’m in the boat with you. My second Mavrick order was placed Aug 26th and has to be scheduled and the whole reason for it was to add the 4K to our second truck. 🤞

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
If you look at episode 10 of MacArthur Ford Kansas, The gentleman did research into this,was just a temporary glitch in the ordering& and you can still get4K

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
More reason to wait for the new Ranger/Tacoma if true, woo :p
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.