First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
😳. To be clear I’m assuming orders that have been submitted, but not built will still go through. Yes?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I want to know the reason. Should people who bought the 4k towing package be less confident when towing?
It says: 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick.

I don't work at Ford but I take that to mean they sold out of 4K tow packages. Doesn't mean anything is wrong, just no more on the shelf to install. All the remaining ones are spoken for. So if you try to order today, SORRY, no can order.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone seems to have severely underestimated demand for the Maverick and, more specifically, demand for certain components that make this truck appealing. Whoever it was that put together the focus groups needs to go back and learn a few things.....Those that were on said focus groups, shame on you for not having a crystal ball and preparing Ford for the tidal wave of orders this truck would generate.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It says: 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick.

I don't work at Ford but I take that to mean they sold out of 4K tow packages. Doesn't mean anything is wrong, just no more on the shelf to install. All the remaining ones are spoken for. So if you try to order today, SORRY, no can order.
Thanks for your clarification.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone seems to have severely underestimated demand for the Maverick and, more specifically, demand for certain components that make this truck appealing. Whoever it was that put together the focus groups needs to go back and learn a few things.....Those that were on said focus groups, shame on you for not having a crystal ball and preparing Ford for the tidal wave of orders this truck would generate.
Yep, focus groups are only as good as the group you focus on.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
I can still order one today. Just tried. They usually tell us in Monday and Tuesday scheduling notes emails before doing that. Thanks for the information.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford probably got overwhelmed by Ecoboost 4K orders because the hybrids are taking so long to start building. And really, who wants to pay for the upgraded engine, and NOT have decent towing either? If the hybrids were available, the 2.0 orders would be less, and the 4K option would've been ordered less. People just took the best that they could get and then it sold out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.