2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More reason to wait for the new Ranger/Tacoma if true, woo :p
or the Frontier. The 4k tow package was the only thing keeping Maverick in consideration for me.
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford probably got overwhelmed by Ecoboost 4K orders because the hybrids are taking so long to start building. And really, who wants to pay for the upgraded engine, and NOT have decent towing either? If the hybrids were available, the 2.0 orders would be less, and the 4K option would've been ordered less. People just took the best that they could get and then it sold out.
I don't understand why someone wanting a hybrid would swap for an EB just because hybrids aren't being built sooner rather than later. The hybrid customer seems to be a very different customer than an EB customer. šŸ¤”

Nick8513

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Iā€™m confusedā€¦

I submitted (and received confirmation) for my order today, which included the 4K tow package?

Iā€™m assuming since I received confirmation Iā€™m in the clear?

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m confusedā€¦

I submitted (and received confirmation) for my order today, which included the 4K tow package?

Iā€™m assuming since I received confirmation Iā€™m in the clear?
I could be totally wrong, as I am often and my other half likes to remind me, but what Iā€™ve gathered is that this will be filtered down to dealers and become official this coming week.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't understand why someone wanting a hybrid would swap for an EB just because hybrids aren't being built sooner rather than later. The hybrid customer seems to be a very different customer than an EB customer. šŸ¤”
Honestly, I'm someone who would probably be happy with either option. I chose the EB to satisfy the part of me that wants to be a kid and have a fun toy, but the hybrid option would likely be adequate for anything I will actually do with the vehicle.
It would be easy for me to see someone ordering a hybrid because it was practical, but actually wanting an ecoboost and talking themselves into the upgrade so they don't have to wait.

Sponsored

Nick8513

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I could be totally wrong, as I am often and my other half likes to remind me, but what Iā€™ve gathered is that this will be filtered down to dealers and become official this coming week.
AAAGGGHHH! Hopefully this was a little pre-mature assuming X amount of orders based off the current trends/# of orders. Iā€™m hoping since it was confirmed I snuck my way in and stole one of the lastšŸ˜‚

Timyom

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150 Lariat, 2014 Escape Titanium,
My order went through on October 12ā€¦dealer called me a couple of days ago and said the 4k package was not available..not just for the Maverick but other Ford Trucks tooā€¦

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the hybrid, my current car's life is questionable, and my mileage is 98% highway. The difference between EB and hybrid in this scenario is 3mpg, not much of a difference. I've considered changing my order multiple times...

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order went through on October 12ā€¦dealer called me a couple of days ago and said the 4k package was not available..not just for the Maverick but other Ford Trucks tooā€¦
The 4K tow is a Maverick-only option. All other Ford trucks are already much higher in standard trim.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
The 4K tow is a Maverick-only option. All other Ford trucks are already much higher in standard trim.
There are other towing packages for other models...They still need brake controllers, wiring harnesses/connectors, upgraded radiators, fans, and transmission coolers, etc. If any of those production parts is limited in volume due to shortages it would make more sense as a company to prioritize the highest profit models.

I'm still not convinced this rumor has any teeth though. It's is much more likely that some sales guys have no idea what they are doing or are just lying.

Sponsored

TBoe1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tundra
There are other towing packages for other models...They still need brake controllers, wiring harnesses/connectors, upgraded radiators, fans, and transmission coolers, etc. If any of those production parts is limited in volume due to shortages it would make more sense as a company to prioritize the highest profit models.

I'm still not convinced this rumor has any teeth though. It's is much more likely that some sales guys have no idea what they are doing or are just lying.
Iā€™m really hoping this rumor of the no more orders for the 4K package arenā€™t true. Iā€™m about to go all in on this and trade in my 2020 Tundra for a more practical vehicle like this!! Lol. If thereā€™s no more 4K tow package, Iā€™m not going to order one. My plan is to order a black lariat in the fx4 package

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the hybrid, my current car's life is questionable, and my mileage is 98% highway. The difference between EB and hybrid in this scenario is 3mpg, not much of a difference. I've considered changing my order multiple times...
I would guess most hybrid drivers are not purchasing for highway mileage. On your case, with 98% highway driving the EB opens the door to many more useful options, if you need them. šŸ‘

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes, but none are called "4K", that is a Maverick-only option. OP specifically said "4K".

As to the validity, who knows. Seems odd given the hydrid has been the volume order, where 4K isn't even available. And seems Ford was expecting the volume to be with the EB, which it hasn't been so far. Could be a supply chain issue, but again, seems unlikely, nothing really unusual in the package.

My order was "officially" accepted by Ford on Friday morning, so we'll see if it gets rejected.

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess most hybrid drivers are not purchasing for highway mileage. On your case, with 98% highway driving the EB opens the door to many more useful options, if you need them. šŸ‘
Overall maintenance on the hybrid *should* be better, no belts, no turbos, and the history of ford's escape hybrid... I drive 120 miles/day 3mpg will add up, as well as the maintenance savings. My hauling needs can be met with the hybrid, and I can rent something for the once every couple years I need to haul more. Those considerations are what kept me with the hybrid.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta figure Ford knows there will some sort of parts availability issue or It's a balance out for weigh, = emission and F/E numbers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.