First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
I think your contact is mistaken. There have been no official bulletins as of yet.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your contact is mistaken. There have been no official bulletins as of yet.
I would tend to agree with admin post. If Ford has completed all emission / FE testing at a certain weight and the 4K towing say adds 70 lbs total. Collectively this could force re cert at next weight level.

Ford does not advertise when this happens its just TMI for the public.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would tend to agree with admin post. If Ford has completed all emission / FE testing at a certain weight and the 4K towing say adds 70 lbs total. Collectively this could force re cert at next weight level.

CAFE is a model/trim blended average, so if the hybrid production wasn't already sold out, that theory might make sense. But based on actual current sales/orders, it doesn't.

If it's true, it's likely to be for another reason, like part availability/production capacity.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CAFE is a model/trim blended average, so if the hybrid production wasn't already sold out, that theory might make sense. But based on actual current sales/orders, it doesn't.

If it's true, it's likely to be for another reason, like part availability/production capacity.
Then things have changed. Back in the old days our vehicle program mid year the full size spare was deleted on sport package and the premium sound option was eliminated too much weight in speaker magnets. lol. Things were that tight.

It all had to do with weight of vehicle for emission / fe testing all ready done.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then things have changed.
lol...that's an understatement! I have been in the auto biz in various capacities for about 40 years, 25 with an OEM (not Ford). Called it quits last year. :)

The last 10 were not fun anymore.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol...that's an understatement! I have been in the auto biz in various capacities for about 40 years, 25 with an OEM (not Ford). Called it quits last year. :)

The last 10 were not fun anymore.
Yup, I suffered through the Nassar years. Beginning of the end for common sense within the company.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Yes, but none are called "4K", that is a Maverick-only option. OP specifically said "4K".

As to the validity, who knows. Seems odd given the hydrid has been the volume order, where 4K isn't even available. And seems Ford was expecting the volume to be with the EB, which it hasn't been so far. Could be a supply chain issue, but again, seems unlikely, nothing really unusual in the package.

My order was "officially" accepted by Ford on Friday morning, so we'll see if it gets rejected.
Do you always take everything so literally? I bet you are great at parties.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you always take everything so literally? I bet you are great at parties.
Yep. I hate ambiguity. I also hate parties. Thanks for asking. 🥳

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Easy solution. Install scales at the dealership and only sell to skinny people.

Sponsored
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trading in my larger truck too and I'm going to get the Maverick and bronco haha. I'm waiting for the bronco to be a hybrid tho, 15 mpg is terrible.

I put my order in on Friday of this week for an xlt w/ 4k package....hope it goes through!

Christmas came early for me...My Maverick XLT/Lux, 2.0 AWD, FX4, 4K tow is scheduled to be built on 12/13/2021. I am downsizing from an F150 Super Crew 4x4 302A Sport. Decided on a Maverick and a Bronco instead.

Jersie

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I want to know the reason. Should people who bought the 4k towing package be less confident when towing?
I tried ordering this, the dealer already knew that they were only making so many for the 2022 model year and it was first come first serve.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
This is a glitch with WBDO, some days it gives you the message that 4K Tow Package is closed out. This has been happening on Thursdays for the last couple weeks. They have not closed out/balanced out 4K Tow Package.

Ford would have included a message about close out on 4K Tow Package on their weekly scheduling notes if this was the case.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.