4K tow package aux trans cooler and goodies

Paulbh

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD XL,
So I am looking to add the upgrade radiator, fan assm and aux trans cooler from the 4K tow package to my XL. I have the part numbers for the rad and fan assembly, but am struggling to find numbers for the trans cooler, hoses and mounts. I called my dealer and they weren’t much help. They said it would help if I had the vin of a truck with the 4K package. Just wondering if anyone has a printout of the needed parts or is willing to give up a vin. Why am I doing this? Short answer Because I want too. I have put a bigger set of K2 tires and plan on a lift as well. I also plan on pulling some form of tearDrop, so this will all add some preventative safety. My truck does have the hitch and four pin from the factory. Not looking to get to 4K. Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Paul
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are correct get a VIN for a truck with only the 4k tow package, preferably an XL with 4k tow. The radiators are different depending if you have a 4k tow package or FX4 with 4k tow, the fan assembly will be the same for both. You can use that vin on a site like www.parts.ford.com or www.oemford.parts to find the part numbers or partials the dealer can use to find the actual part numbers. You could also order the parts from those sites too.

To find a VIN check sites like edmunds, carmax, etc and use that.

I'd also suggest going to www.motorcraftservice.com and spending the $21 or so dollars for 72 hour access to the shop manuals to see exactly how the hoses hook up, what size they are and such. You should also be able to find the part numbers for the radiator, fan, cooler, lines and hoses in the manual plus you can download the info into pdf files to use later on when you do the actual install.

As an FYI it is going to cost more to put those parts on afterwards than it would have been to just have gotten the 4k tow package in the first place. You are probably better served putting on an aftermarket transmission cooler like this one for about $50 an extra radiatior fans like this for $40 and possibly a thermostat activated switch for those fans and call it a day.
www.amazon.com/Performance-Electric-Radiator-Cooling-Mounting/dp/B00H29LLWS/
www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automotive-678-Rapid-Cool-Transmission/dp/B000C3DDKO/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paulbh

Paulbh

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD XL,
They are correct get a VIN for a truck with only the 4k tow package, preferably an XL with 4k tow. The radiators are different depending if you have a 4k tow package or FX4 with 4k tow, the fan assembly will be the same for both. You can use that vin on a site like www.parts.ford.com or www.oemford.parts to find the part numbers or partials the dealer can use to find the actual part numbers. You could also order the parts from those sites too.

To find a VIN check sites like edmunds, carmax, etc and use that.

I'd also suggest going to www.motorcraftservice.com and spending the $21 or so dollars for 72 hour access to the shop manuals to see exactly how the hoses hook up, what size they are and such. You should also be able to find the part numbers for the radiator, fan, cooler, lines and hoses in the manual plus you can download the info into pdf files to use later on when you do the actual install.

As an FYI it is going to cost more to put those parts on afterwards than it would have been to just have gotten the 4k tow package in the first place. You are probably better served putting on an aftermarket transmission cooler like this one for about $50 an extra radiatior fans like this for $40 and possibly a thermostat activated switch for those fans and call it a day.
www.amazon.com/Performance-Electric-Radiator-Cooling-Mounting/dp/B00H29LLWS/
www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automotive-678-Rapid-Cool-Transmission/dp/B000C3DDKO/
Maverick2022xl,

thanks for the info, I will try to run that down and will definitely do the 72 hour access. I agree it would have been cheaper to order the truck with it, but as I stated I stumbled onto my truck without ordering it. I don’t mind paying the extra to put factory fit items in. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time, so I will get my money out of it. Thanks again for the info and for all your other info on this site. I dig having the extra drive modes.

Paul

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd like to add the trans cooler also. What did you end up doing? Did you get the oem external aux cooler?

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rear differential has diffrent gearing fir 4k tow. Also diffrent for fx4 they beefed it up a bit
Sponsored