First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little less than a year with my Maverick(s) and I just sold my Hybrid. I am waiting on my 2023 Lariat upgrade.

After a year I learned what I like and dont like about the Mav.

Power-I have said it once and I'll say it again, I never felt short on power. Now when I knew I would need extra get up(navigating Atlanta) I would drop it into sport mode. Other than I almost always ran it in Eco mode. It towed well and still got decent fuel mileage.

Fuel Mileage-I sold it with 38mpg on my Trip A that was never reset. That is not bad considering the thousands of miles I had on the interstate with it. At 55 mpg the fuel mileage is just stupid for a truck. Runs 50mpgs easy.

The mud-The county I live in finally decided to pave our road. They had to build it up 4-6 inches in certain places. Great except a torrential 3 day downpour. So on the way home one day and there it was. Deep mud I could not avoid. Eased into it. The traction control kicked in and the truck came to a straight halt. The tires would NOT spin or pull to attempt to get me out. I put her in slippery mode. No dice. It would not spin those tires. So off goes the traction control. The truck comes right out. To put some perspective on it, a 2wd Dodge 1500 got stuck hard and required to be pulled out. It was 4x4s in and out for a couple days. The mav, however, could do it. I was impressed.

Quality-It suffered from the electrical connector issue that left me stranded one day. Mechanically that was it. The dash developed quite a few rattles though. I mean serious enough rattles. Luckily warranty covered those, but we are talking all over the dash. Still did not deter me from getting another. I had no issues with the plastic scratching easy as some have had. Even dog claws didnt do it. Everything else on the truck held up as I would expect. A couple small paint chips but its now know the paint is thin on these trucks. The tires could have been a little better brand. At 35k they were due for a replacement set. I would have hoped to get 50k out of a set. A better tire than the factory will probably do it. Its an XLT so Continentals were the name of the game.

Wet road performance-This truck handled like champ on wet and slick roads. I never really felt like the truck wanted to float or slide. It felt planted pretty much the entire time. While not as sure footed as my 350, I had no reservations about driving on the interstate through torrential rain. The wipers did their job. The only thing missing is one of the best things most people don't know or care until they have it then its amazing-automatic wipers.

Features-The features of the truck are just plain nice and functional. Turning the truck on with the app is one of the best features you can do. On a really cold or hot day you can turn it on while checking out in the grocery store and the climate control will have it nice and ready when you get there. The panic button on it also makes it nice when you are in a giant parking lot and not sure where it is. The automatic headlights work great. I just wish they worked on bright at 10 mph. It would also be nice if the driving mode stayed were you last had it instead of defaulting back to normal. The radio software was great after the first update, a little more buggy after the last update but still made me wonder why Sync is still a thing. The only thing missing is wireless Android Auto/the cheaper and not really good Iphone version.

Long distance trips- This truck excelled in this regard. I am constantly on the road and this truck was immensely comfortable during the long rides. I like the slot on the mode selector for my credit card while I drive. Makes it easy at gas stations and fast food/restaurants. My kids and wife slept well. The auto HVAC is probably the best I have ever used. It keeps the truck right near where you set it. The fan limit is a genius design and made better still by lowering even more during a phone call. The truck rode well enough you could drive all day.

All in all I loved the truck. I just wish I had ordered some more features which has been rectified with my new order. I honestly see me keeping a Maverick around for a long time. I have two young girls who will probably be driving mine to school which is 30 miles away.

For anyone on the fence or still waiting, I promise this will be one of the best vehicles you will ever own, luxury, cheap or other wise.

Yall have a good day, sorry for the long post and may all your babies be born naked.
Sponsored

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
A little less than a year with my Maverick(s) and I just sold my Hybrid. I am waiting on my 2023 Lariat upgrade.

Power-I have said it once and I'll say it again, I never felt short on power. Now when I knew I would need extra get up(navigating Atlanta) I would drop it into sport mode. Other than I almost always ran it in Eco mode. It towed well and still got decent fuel mileage.

Fuel Mileage-I sold it with 38mpg on my Trip A that was never reset. That is not bad considering the thousands of miles I had on the interstate with it. At 55 mpg the fuel mileage is just stupid for a truck. Runs 50mpgs easy.

The mud-The county I live in finally decided to pave our road. They had to build it up 4-6 inches in certain places. Great except a torrential 3 day downpour. So on the way home one day and there it was. Deep mud I could not avoid. Eased into it. The traction control kicked in and the truck came to a straight halt. The tires would NOT spin or pull to attempt to get me out. I put her in slippery mode. No dice. It would not spin those tires. So off goes the traction control. The truck comes right out. To put some perspective on it, a 2wd Dodge 1500 got stuck hard and required to be pulled out. It was 4x4s in and out for a couple days. The mav, however, could do it. I was impressed.

Quality-It suffered from the electrical connector issue that left me stranded one day. Mechanically that was it. The dash developed quite a few rattles though. I mean serious enough rattles. Luckily warranty covered those, but we are talking all over the dash. Still did not deter me from getting another. I had no issues with the plastic scratching easy as some have had. Even dog claws didnt do it. Everything else on the truck held up as I would expect. A couple small paint chips but its now know the paint is thin on these trucks. The tires could have been a little better brand. At 35k they were due for a replacement set. I would have hoped to get 50k out of a set. A better tire than the factory will probably do it. Its an XLT so Continentals were the name of the game.

Wet road performance-This truck handled like champ on wet and slick roads. I never really felt like the truck wanted to float or slide. It felt planted pretty much the entire time. While not as sure footed as my 350, I had no reservations about driving on the interstate through torrential rain. The wipers did their job. The only thing missing is one of the best things most people don't know or care until they have it then its amazing-automatic wipers.

Features-The features of the truck are just plain nice and functional. Turning the truck on with the app is one of the best features you can do. On a really cold or hot day you can turn it on while checking out in the grocery store and the climate control will have it nice and ready when you get there. The panic button on it also makes it nice when you are in a giant parking lot and not sure where it is. The automatic headlights work great. I just wish they worked on bright at 10 mph. It would also be nice if the driving mode stayed were you last had it instead of defaulting back to normal. The radio software was great after the first update, a little more buggy after the last update but still made me wonder why Sync is still a thing. The only thing missing is wireless Android Auto/the cheaper and not really good Iphone version.

Long distance trips- This truck excelled in this regard. I am constantly on the road and this truck was immensely comfortable during the long rides. I like the slot on the mode selector for my credit card while I drive. Makes it easy at gas stations and fast food/restaurants. My kids and wife slept well. The auto HVAC is probably the best I have ever used. It keeps the truck right near where you set it. The fan limit is a genius design and made better still by lowering even more during a phone call. The truck rode well enough you could drive all day.

All in all I loved the truck. I just wish I had ordered some more features which has been rectified with my new order. I honestly see me keeping a Maverick around for a long time. I have two young girls who will probably be driving mine to school which is 30 miles away.

For anyone on the fence or still waiting, I promise this will be one of the best vehicles you will ever own, luxury, cheap or other wise.

Yall have a good day, sorry for the long post and may all your babies be born naked.
What features are you most looking forward to on the lariat?

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What features are you most looking forward to on the lariat?
Having my sunroof back, the wireless charger so I can put a wireless aa dongle in it and the built in inverter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mentioned the dash rattles. What did the dealership find were the issues?
Some things had just come loose. In all fairness the roads here are really bad(two in particular). They are so bad if anything was not covered under warranty the county will cover it under their insurance. I've had them replace the Front ends under a 250 and a 350 in the past two years.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the post!!; Since the mav will likely be my last truck (I hope)' I went with the Lariat hybrid on my order (17Sept) w/360,hitch, & mats.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Parallels my own experience with my Hybrid Lariat FE. We are enjoying this truck even more than I expected!

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good review.
You say you sold the hybrid. So I assume you also have a 2.0 Eco one too? Just surprised your so sure you will get another hybrid for 2023 . Half the orders wont get fulfilled.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
T ll
Good review.
You say you sold the hybrid. So I assume you also have a 2.0 Eco one too? Just surprised your so sure you will get another hybrid for 2023 . Half the orders wont get fulfilled.
You don't me do you????

Sponsored

MAGPLM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Awesome review! Straight forward with no fluff. lol This is why I ordered this truck. Mine has been built, but just waiting to be delivered yet.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having had an EcoBoost FX4 Maverick and currently for over a year the Hybrid, I couldn’t agree more. Spot on!
I’ve owned 23 cars across many brands (Chrysler, Mercedes, Ford, Tesla, Toyota, Nissan, Saturn, Lincoln, Smart, & VW) Mav is easily my favorite. Just something about it.
Currently next to our Mav is a king ranch power boost fx4 f150. Hella awesome truck but if I had to ditch one, Maverick would still be in my driveway. Really, those dash rattles are my only high complaint. BTW- the F150 will prompt you to return to last drive mode used. If you don’t accept “yes” it defaults to normal mode. Why that software wasn’t in Mav I have no clue.

Last edited:

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you live in a cold climate? I’m talking about winter temps gets down below freezing regularly? Many hybrid owners in this climate have had issues with very rough and loud idle and issues with misfires and check engine lights. I am one of those unlucky owners. I didn’t see you mention that so I’m curious if you live in a warmer area or you avoided the issue.

Deleted member 1483

One of the things I am hoping my hybrid can do is some "soft roading" so this makes me optimistic. I purposefully got it because I wanted the smoother experience of the eCVT and it's been great.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you live in a cold climate? I’m talking about winter temps gets down below freezing regularly? Many hybrid owners in this climate have had issues with very rough and loud idle and issues with misfires and check engine lights. I am one of those unlucky owners. I didn’t see you mention that so I’m curious if you live in a warmer area or you avoided the issue.
No. Alabama. However we have had multiple days below freezing this year
Sponsored