Sponsored

400W 110V Outlet in Flexbed can power what kind of electronics/tools/appliances ?

Gardnetm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What kind of electronics/tools/appliances can be run with the 400W outlet in the Flexbed? I was hoping to be able to run a coffee maker while camping or a miter saw to help cut wood, but it looks like most coffee makers start at 600W and miter saws are well above that. Has anyone found, or have plans for, a good use of that outlet?
Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What kind of electronics/tools/appliances can be run with the 400W outlet in the Flexbed? I was hoping to be able to run a coffee maker while camping or a miter saw to help cut wood, but it looks like most coffee makers start at 600W and miter saws are well above that. Has anyone found, or have plans for, a good use of that outlet?
I did a lot of online searching for coffee makers that meet the 400W threshold. I found a single cup brew model online at Walmart that reportedly draws exactly 400 watts. I could not find any multi cup versions under 400w. I purchased and found the stamping on the bottom indicate only 350 watts and so it definitely meets the requirements. I did a test brew and it worked okay and will use for camping/tailgating. See pics below of model and test.

Ford Maverick 400W 110V Outlet in Flexbed can power what kind of  electronics/tools/appliances ? 7BA9F7A5-6019-4613-9C79-ADE9C1F39188

Ford Maverick 400W 110V Outlet in Flexbed can power what kind of  electronics/tools/appliances ? DAD4E164-649C-4C4F-8155-DF69538BDB0A

OP
OP

Gardnetm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did a lot of online searching for coffee makers that meet the 400W threshold. I found a single cup brew model online at Walmart that reportedly draws exactly 400 watts. I could not find any multi cup versions under 400w. I purchased and found the stamping on the bottom indicate only 350 watts and so it definitely meets the requirements. I did a test brew and it worked okay and will use for camping/tailgating. See pics below of model and test.

7BA9F7A5-6019-4613-9C79-ADE9C1F39188.jpeg

DAD4E164-649C-4C4F-8155-DF69538BDB0A.jpeg
Wow, great find! Thanks for the tip.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be able to find a battery powered miter saw that could be charged from the 400W outlet. Just check the battery charger's draw rate to be sure it is within the 400W limit.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be able to find a one-cupper which will work, kind'a sort'a. Probably better bet (albeit slower brewing) is to look for a small 12 volt coffeemaker like the ones used in some RVs.

As for more mundane devices re: 400 watt inverter outlet: https://generatorgeek.com/what-will-a-400-watt-power-inverter-run/.

Keep in mind too that 400 watts is the spec for when the truck is turned on and stationary. If using the outlet while truck is in motion output could fluctuate to as low as 300 watts peak.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be able to find a battery powered miter saw that could be charged from the 400W outlet. Just check the battery charger's draw rate to be sure it is within the 400W limit.
There are various battery powered tool brands that have a dual battery miter saw option. So generally, 400w is great to charge some batteries for power tools over an hour or two but not running any such wired tools directly. But that’s kinda just running your engine as a generator if you’re doing that a lot like for work. You could also buy a powerful generator that can run wired tools heh.

TV, speakers, lights, small fridge, compressor, all that kinda tailgate and camping stuff will be really cool.

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is actually going to be a work truck for me, just need that outlet in the back to charge batteries. All my power tools are now battery powered from miter saw to nail gun to brad nailer everything. So at this point all I need is to be able to charge batteries on that bad boy and I’m a happy camper.

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Milwaukee 18 volt fuel charger draws 2.1 amps. Which is around 250 watts. Plenty for this inverter.

Sponsored

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i've used my rear cabin 400w plug to power tons of things when i go truck bed camping: tv, heating pad on a cold night, laptop on remote work day, mini fridge on a hot day, etc... it was the best $150 option ever :)

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think slow-cookers/crock pots have been mentioned in this thread yet. They draw below 400 watts even on high settings. It may not seem practical at first if you're thinking of doing the entire 8+ hour cooking time required all from the bed of your truck. But you could fully or partially cook your meal ahead of time and just use the outlet in the back to keep it hot or finish cooking.

Lets say you get off early from work on Friday, grab the family and head into the wild, set your tent up as night falls, and then instead of having to focus on making dinner, you just serve up your piping hot kalua pork over a bed of rice. Mmmm.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think slow-cookers/crock pots have been mentioned in this thread yet. They draw below 400 watts even on high settings. It may not seem practical at first if you're thinking of doing the entire 8+ hour cooking time required all from the bed of your truck. But you could fully or partially cook your meal ahead of time and just use the outlet in the back to keep it hot or finish cooking.

Lets say you get off early from work on Friday, grab the family and head into the wild, set your tent up as night falls, and then instead of having to focus on making dinner, you just serve up your piping hot kalua pork over a bed of rice. Mmmm.
Yep our crock pot is 240/Watts- Good to go-

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
I already know there is no expresso maker that is going to work, I checked mine 😁 I thought taking my Breville Pro would be nice out camping 🤭
Sponsored