Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Future Passenger Transit Connect is Ford's Tourneo ConnectVW/Ford partnered vehicle, which should have started deliveries this past Spring 2022 in Europe.. So, yeah, nex gen Passenger Transit Connect is the Tourneo Connect built on the latest VW Caddy platform in Poland. There will be a future Commerical Transit Connect built on the same Caddy platform, however the currenct Ford built/based Transit Connect is still being built in Spain as sales for it remain strong.

Will be interesting to see if the same truck will in fact be marketed as the Tourneo Connect in Passenger Guise and Transit Connect in Commercial Guise.

VW will in turn use the Ford Transit platform built in Turkey for it's next gen Transporter van.
The Ford T7 next gen Ranger (MY2024) will also be the foundation for the next VW Amarok as well.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/fords-new-tourneo-connect-first-model-vw-partnership

So, yeah... the Transit Connect definitely breaks from the Escape/Maverick/BroncoSport platform.

Good news about the 3rd shift in Hermosillo. Peso has been stronger the last 4 weeks or so.. so the market has seen this coming... as well as other production for other products moving from Chinese plants to Mexican plants. At the very least...should be able to get a MY2024 Maverick quite easily.

A big thing to watch is how the Maverick begins to replace the small single cab unibody car/suv based 'trucks' in Latin and South America like the Ford Courier, Chevy Tourneo, Ram 700 (fiat), Renault Orock... and then even the standard small inexpensive trucks like Mitsubishi L200, Puegoet Landtrek, Toyota HiLux, Nissan NP300.... If those trucks begin to yield volume to the Maverick, that 3rd Shift production could get taken up quickly.
Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They most likely will get training on existing prodution lines. Then will get mixed in with more experienced workers on the new shift.
The post stated they will start hiring in the next coming weeks, but only 1100 direct assembly and 5500 indirect, in other words more chiefs than Indians… in other words, 5 people have to watch 1 person doing the work… LOL

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You also need to know how many production lines the maverick is run on & how many will run on this third shift.
There is one assembly line used to build both the Maverick and the Bronco Sport. An additional shift would use this same line.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's great news. I was getting ready to pack my bags and head down there to build my own
HAHAHA Ford should sell a "build your own" Maverick. Hell, you might be missing a seat, tow hitch, a couple of sensors here and there and 3 wheels for 18 months. But HEY! It's right there in your driveway!

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
HAHAHA Ford should sell a "build your own" Maverick. Hell, you might be missing a seat, tow hitch, a couple of sensors here and there and 3 wheels for 18 months. But HEY! It's right there in your driveway!
Can't be any more complicated than some of the Legos my son has gotten.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I know about the Christmas shutdown. But it is harder to pinpoint the rest. I could go month by month, but who knows if Ford plans to match 2022 production numbers. One would assume that is the plan.
We also know they were down for 2 weeks in July which was there lowest output month.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We also know they were down for 2 weeks in July which was there lowest output month.
That was before I was following, so I missed that one. I knew July was their lowest, but I thought that also coincided with the airbag debacle.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was before I was following, so I missed that one. I knew July was their lowest, but I thought that also coincided with the airbag debacle.
Lack of good airbags may have been the reason for the 2 week shutdown.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The plant shutdown scheduled in July was announced back in May. The NHTSA didn't contact Ford on the airbag testing deficiency until June 29th so they're unconnected. It was regular mid-year maintenance/retooling.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The plant shutdown scheduled in July was announced back in May. The NHTSA didn't contact Ford on the airbag testing deficiency until June 29th so they're unconnected. It was regular mid-year maintenance/retooling.
Yes, but that was all based upon Fords original schedule with a typical mid year changeover from MY22 to MY23 which we know ended getting thrown out the window. Even taking into account a 2 week shutdown, their July and August production was low, indicating a production constraint. Knowing every one of their airbag parts were bad and they would have to get all new ones made could certainly lead to a production shutdown. Even if it may have been scheduled for another reason originally.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really want to believe this is good news to hybrid orders, but seeing the ford incompetence over the last year makes me doubt that, I'm always going to assume the worst of ford until I survive the 2000 mile drive back home, because even IF its built, I'd doubt the built quality.

Yeah. $50 saying the shift is purely for EB and they have no plans to improve hybrid constraint whatsoever.
You should probably just buy something else. It’s apparent Ford sucks In your eyes, so why buy anything from them?

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The post stated they will start hiring in the next coming weeks, but only 1100 direct assembly and 5500 indirect, in other words more chiefs than Indians… in other words, 5 people have to watch 1 person doing the work… LOL
Not quite that ratio.....1100 direct will be inside the building do the assembly and maintenance. The indirect are those in the supply chain....like truck drivers, other business employees that supply parts or service to the facility, etc.
Sponsored