Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Transit Connect still made at the Spain assembly plant. After 2023 they won't be sold in North America. Not discontinued.
Discontinued in the US. It is still a global product.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great news! More Mavericks for all!

Sponsored

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't see anything posted on this, but the Maverick plant is adding a 3rd shift!
I hope this means more hybrids coming.

https://www.uniradioinforma.com/not...urno-en-planta-ford-hermosillo.html#gsc.tab=0

Translated text:

A third shift will open in July at the Ford Hermosillo plant
January 19, 2023​
Hermosillo.- As of July, the Ford plant will open a third work shift with the hiring of 1,100 new direct workers and around 5,000 indirect jobs, which will trigger the economic growth of the region, indicated Jesús Gámez García .​
The president of the Sonora National Council of the Maquiladora and Export Manufacturing Industry (Index) said that this opening is due to the high sales in the United States of the Maverick truck, assembled in Hermosillo, which forces an increase in the workforce.​
"This pick up is the one that is triggering the opening of a third shift, it would be very good and I know that Ford executives have been commenting on it, seeking to bring new suppliers for Ford here, because as we create a local production chain, type cluster, we become more competitive and logistics costs and delivery times are reduced”.​

He mentioned that this also favors the attraction of more Ford supply companies and it is estimated that in total about 14 thousand jobs will be created this year around the automotive industry.

Gámez García, explained that the hiring will begin in the coming weeks and it is expected that with the opening of the third shift there will be a total of 7,000 employees at the Ford plant. He also commented that this year, the maquiladora and manufacturing industry will contribute to the generation of 15,000 new direct jobs due to the arrival of new businesses in Sonora.
Nice, but idk how much this would affect MY23 orders especially hybrid

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered MY24 back in September. I hope the quality doesn’t decrease. Ohh, Could this also be because of the stout being rumored?
I suppose in one minor way or another pretty much anything could be a factor, but the fact Ford can sell them as fast as they can make them would be a better reason.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True, but why add a third shift if you haven't secured the parts to fill another shift worth? This implies that they will be able to build 50% more trucks starting in July.
A lot more EBs for stock.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Transit connect is discontinued at the end of 2022. No 2023's will be built.
This article specifically cites the Maverick as the reason for the 3rd shift.
Ford to suspend Transit Connect van sales in U.S. by end of 2023 - Automotive News. Aug 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) will stop selling the Transit Connect van in the United States by the end of next year and has scrapped plans to build the vehicle's next model in Mexico, Automotive News reported on Tuesday.Aug 23, 2022

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope so too, but I think the current situation is being caused by parts availability, not worker availability.
Not true. Ford has consistently been building C2 vehicles according to the defined production plan, which drives plant capacity and components supply. There are no parts shortages, other than a few minor items here and there.

This news about adding a shift suggests Ford is going to change the Maverick production plan, which means component supplier contracts will be adjusted accordingly to support the new plan, as was plant build capacity (3rd shift).

Regardless, it’s good news since more Mavericks will be built.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I want 1100 new employees slapping to gether my new Mav. I can see more quality issues (at least for a while). Hope they are well trained. Not trying to sound like "negative nancy" lol
That is a concern… at least for a few months.

I remember the clunker trade in for mpg improvement program in 2009. Escape production was doubled since it was the primary Ford product that qualified. Unfortunately build quality plummeted for about 6 months as new hires were brought up to speed.

Probably not as bad in Hermosillo, but hopefully mine is not built in the third quarter.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not true. Ford has consistently been building C2 vehicles according to the defined production plan, which drives plant capacity and components supply. There are no parts shortages, other than a few minor items here and there.

This news about adding a shift suggests Ford is going to change the Maverick production plan, which means component supplier contracts will be adjusted accordingly to support the new plan, as was plant build capacity (3rd shift).

Regardless, it’s good news since more Mavericks will be built.
Yeah it seems like a lot of people don't understand that they can't just decide to keep the lines open longer to meet demand.

They have to plan a given production run in it's entirety down to the last screw.

This means arranging in advance with every supplier all the way down the line. It also means that if said suppliers can't deliver more than a certain amount, then ford can't build more trucks even if they want to.

All this planning takes a long time.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This IS good news! Ford would not plan this without solid knowledge the supply situation is improving.

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone post the current production capability at Hermisillo? IE: How many shifts per day, hours/shift, production days per week, weeks per year.
Sponsored