First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can spend more money and order a MY 24 with assist or you can live without it. I’m doing just fine without it.
Sponsored

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes packages and features change every year. Ford's materials online were accurate but you had to look closely at the details. When I ordered my 2023 I'm sure I knew more than anyone in the sales department. I just handed them a spreadsheet from this site with what I wanted. I also had to tell them when the order window was opening as they had not read the dealer notice that was posted on here.
so sad but so typical. it's a shame really because Dealer's could/should be a competitive advantage for Ford and other OEM's if only they could get their act together.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 Rattler, 1995 Wrangler YJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask your salesman if he knows the difference between Otto Cycle and Atkinson
Cycle. Ask him which one is the 2 stroke (NEITHER). Ask him to describe, in detail, how the eCVT transmission works. I'll bet he won't be able to answer any of those questions.
Salesmen are there to take orders and fill out paperwork. Last week, he sold adult diapers. Next week, he'll be selling yogurt.
When I ordered my '23 on Sept 16 of last year, the dealership didn't even have a 2023 option sheet, so I showed them the one I had downloaded from this site.

Depend on them for NOTHING.
So true for most I’ve dealt with. Long MacArthur is the opposite. My dealer and sales manager there know what they’re doing and go way beyond being helpful.

Most of the salespeople/ dealers in my area are gig workers. Two days a week they work at one dealership, one day and one evening a week they work at another, and one night a week they’re bartending or waiting tables. They spew generalized nonsense and ask what kind of payment you can afford. Then punt to a greasy bean counter to seal the deal.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So true for most I’ve dealt with. Long MacArthur is the opposite. My dealer and sales manager there know what they’re doing and go way beyond being helpful.

Most of the salespeople/ dealers in my area are gig workers. Two days a week they work at one dealership, one day and one evening a week they work at another, and one night a week they’re bartending or waiting tables. They spew generalized nonsense and ask what kind of payment you can afford. Then punt to a greasy bean counter to seal the deal.
Have to say, this made me chuckle :LOL:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I told my salesman the ACC was a must-have. No issues with the order and never had to change anything.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In this wonderful age of computer capability and AI, it somehow seems to me that that Ford could make the rollover with the same features without the buyer and or salesperson having to read the fine print and use the buyer's guide. The technology was there; the foresight was not. :unsure: MHO.

Last edited:

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sorry that something you waited for and that should bring $30k worth of excitement and pleasure turned into a dissappointment. It is sad that the customer needs to know more than the salesperson to get what s/he wants but that is the reality. My order was rolled over to another model year just as yours. This forum posted several pages of official Ford info showing model year changes in each series [XL, XLT, Lariat]. My suggestion to everyone is to follow the YouTube videos by Tim Barz, Long McArthur Ford, Salina KS. Tim does a service to the entire Ford customer base by going over changes for Ford products including the Mav, the Bronco Sport, Mustang, Lightening etc. There are days I wish I lived in Kansas :cool:

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a choice to not order Co-Pilot assist for 2023 Lariat Hybrid and I mostly chose to not have it because I felt it could keep me from getting scheduled at all. For 23 one could order the assist package without the luxury package. Now in MY 24 you can't get the Lariat without the co-pilot assist and this comes at quite a premium in price with all the other things like heated seats and such. I think that is unfortunate.

Our Corolla Cross has ACC and I like it I admit. I just don't do enough highway driving to where I can't live without it.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what it's worth and too late, This is a screen grab of the equipment groups for 2023
Ford Maverick 360 copilot versus 360 copilot assist 1696863178900

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sorry that something you waited for and that should bring $30k worth of excitement and pleasure turned into a dissappointment. It is sad that the customer needs to know more than the salesperson to get what s/he wants but that is the reality. My order was rolled over to another model year just as yours. This forum posted several pages of official Ford info showing model year changes in each series [XL, XLT, Lariat]. My suggestion to everyone is to follow the YouTube videos by Tim Barz, Long McArthur Ford, Salina KS. Tim does a service to the entire Ford customer base by going over changes for Ford products including the Mav, the Bronco Sport, Mustang, Lightening etc. There are days I wish I lived in Kansas :cool:
I'm from Salina Kansas and believe me there are not a lot of people like him there either. That said I have two sons that have formerly worked in auto sales and I think both are good people, of course neither are in that business any longer LOL. But seriously though I think car dealers get a really bad rap here sometimes and it's not always warranted. People can make mistakes and especially with all these changes that are made I can see where something like this can happen. When ordering a vehicle with the expectation of a long wait one must be pro active and very careful to order exactly what they want.

Sponsored

CalCWORet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Luxury w/CP360 & CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In this wonderful age of computer capability and AI, it somehow seems to me that that Ford could make the rollover with the same features without the buyer and or salesperson having to use read the fine print and the buyer's guide. The technology was there; the foresight was not. :unsure: MHO.
Actually, in this wonderful age of computer capability, we should be able to build our vehicles with the options we want, chose our method of payment, and send our order directly to Ford. The only reason we would need to go to the dealership would be to sign papers, turn in the trade-in, and take delivery.

krg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it really 360?…..i have a 23 lariat with 360 plus 360 a…..no front camera and its far from the 360 available on an explorer that shows where the front end is…

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it really 360?…..i have a 23 lariat with 360 plus 360 a…..no front camera and its far from the 360 available on an explorer that shows where the front end is…
360 has different functions on different models and there is a 360 Assist 2.0 on upscale models.

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In September 2022 I ordered the Ford Maverick lariat luxury package with the co-pilot 360 in the short time the order banks were open. In the Spring of 2023 I was called back to the dealership, Allan Vigil Ford, and was told I had to reorder it since it will be the 2023 Maverick. My salesperson ordered the exact same truck but the 2023 version. Imagine my disappointment when earlier this week when I finally received my new truck that the build left out a lot of things that were included in the 2022 package. Apparently Ford required that you had to specifically request for it in the 2023 package. Apparently it's now called the co-pilot 360 Assist but my salesperson said he was not informed of that. The Salesperson said Ford didn't tell him and he assumed he was ordering the same vehicle. Neither Ford customer service / Ford marketing nor the dealership said they could do anything about it. They're putting the blame on me. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is there anything that can be done?
Same thing happened to me. Does anyone know if the Lariat with lux. pkg. and cp 360 has a front end sensor that lets you know if you’re to close to something? Chances of getting anything done is probably zero or less.

SteveG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same thing almost happened to me but the Dealer caught the change and made sure that the 2023 that I received had all of the options I had originally requested on my 2022 order.

This is a Dealer problem.
Sponsored