First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the towing package but will probably never use. I wanted the upgrades. A fair amount of assumptions going on. It’s a unibody AWD. It’s not an F150 or a Ranger and most of us know capabilities. I currently have a Mountaineer with a V8 and I have had several F150’s . The Mav is a small but very versatile truck with a 4 cyl turbo. I know what it is and it’s limitation. Not sure why I am even posting this, possibly because I felt like my intelligence was questioned.
Who questioned your intelligence?
Who is us?
What assumptions are you referring to specifically?
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me ask you a question? How long will you keep it? How much will you use it?

Aerodynamically it is a superb unit. Cost of it is what made me go in a different direction. After the warranty is over if it is a bit sluggish (over 50-60,000 miles) you might want to take the Maverick in and have the engine walnut shell blasted to get rid of the carbon build-up.
Cost of what ? If referring to the trailer, I am a newbie to camp trailers but it sure looks like a $35k trailer is wolds ahead in quality/craftsmanship than a $22-25 K unit. I heard a reference once - " Buy your second trailer first " makes sense...

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Local dealer has a Cruz on the lot and for 34k + 5k ADM you can get an UGLY pickup. Using the term pickup loosely.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Local dealer has a Cruz on the lot and for 34k + 5k ADM you can get an UGLY pickup. Using the term pickup loosely.
I like how the Tail lights blend into the tail gate, otherwise that is one fugly ass vehicle-

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cost of what ? If referring to the trailer, I am a newbie to camp trailers but it sure looks like a $35k trailer is wolds ahead in quality/craftsmanship than a $22-25 K unit. I heard a reference once - " Buy your second trailer first " makes sense...
Then you have answered my first question. " Buy your second trailer first ". It seems like you plan on keeping the trailer for a while. It is an invesment like those that buy Avion and Airstream trailers.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like how the Tail lights blend into the tail gate, otherwise that is one fugly ass vehicle-
I was thinking about responding when I saw that post as it popped up with the word "Fugly" but refrained against it. But you are dead-on!!! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I debate things to death. Gonna try and rent a few and see what we think afterwards. Would have already bought an A-liner if I didn't hear about all the leak issues - panels not fitting etc. The grand ascape we wanted stop being built during Covid.
Then you have answered my first question. " Buy your second trailer first ". It seems like you plan on keeping the trailer for a while. It is an invesment like those that buy Avion and Airstream trailers.
Still debating all of this- If Aliner still made the Grand Ascape we might have gotten that last year- The A frames look nice but prone to leaks-

jmichaelp

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Thanks for this comparison. Ford appears to have screwed up the Maverick last year & again this year due to having to wait as they fulfill last year's orders. Looks like I may have to get a hybrid crossover/SUV.
Sponsored