jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where I live, traffic enforcement is pretty minimal. I'd be shocked, absolutely shocked if I was pulled over in a brand new vehicle for expired temporary tags and expired tags alone.

I don't advocate law breaking but if I had somewhere important to be... I'd drive the truck.
I see people driving with expired temp tags all the time. They just have to pay the penalty when they do finally tag it with a fee for each day past expiration date, but the police don’t bother pulling people over.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know how things work where you live, but in Colorado you can swing by the DMV and get temp tags without a lot of paperwork if you are struggling with an unresponsive dealer. They really just want some way to link the truck to you in case you're in an accident or something. You will probably need proof of insurance and a driver's license. Might be worth a call to see what they can do.

For the record, I also wouldn't drive a car with an expired plate. Weird that many people here have so little regard for the law.

Fredvon4

Banned
Banned
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
I have had this problem before and I simply went to my Rural county Texas County Tax office and got as many 30 day extensions as necessary with proof of insurance and a VIN that comes up in the nice ladies computers.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Weird that many people here have so little regard for the law.
In many parts of the USA it's not unusual for people to walk into stores and help themselves to whatever they please without paying. In many areas, unless it's a seriously violent crime or a crime in progress the cops won't even show up to take a police report, much less investigate.

If you live in a place like that expired/missing tags on a BRAND SPANKING NEW car are not the sort of things that get you pulled over. Heck, in some of the urban paradises it's not even legal for the police to pull you over on an equipment violation. :LOL:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I moved to California, which is known for being difficult, I drove around with an expired temp tag for several months until the DMV issued me a permanent one. I got pulled over once for something else. The cop asked about it. I explained it to the cop, and he shook his head and said that since it was the DMV's fault he wasn't going to ticket me for that. The rolling through the stop sign on the other hand, I wasn't so lucky about.

Your mileage may vary.

Not that what happened with the dealer is acceptable. Just that I'd go ahead and drive the truck since you need it and explain to the cop what's going on if you do get pulled over.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not defending Chapman, but bought my Maverick from Chapman and the "poor" lady doing my paper work and title was on her first day at Chapman. Seems everywhere I go every businesses are shorthanded or retraining due to Covid and screw-up's abound, especially governmental office.

I've driven in all 50 states and find Florida the worst for needless traffic stops and tickets. Got picked up for wearing Ipods for music while driving last summer. But I'd take whatever paperwork I had about Maverick Purchase and drive the truck.

Last edited:

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
I think for out of state deals they send a different type of temp tag. I got one from them within 1 day of requesting it. Its a in transit temp tag hence i believe they ran out of them and had to request more from PA state.

My guess is their regular in-state deals get a temp tag that probably gets printed at the dealership just like many other states including GA. For courtesy deals they are using "In-transit" tags issued by PA with destination state information on paperwork that came with the tag.

Gmac1

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Dodge ram, 19 Ford escape,69 GTO, 78 Westy,05 x
It doesn't surprise me that the dealer doesn't have temp tags. PA is a terrible state to live in when it comes to anything to do with vehicles.. we have to have our cars inspected every year and they can't even keep inspection stations stocked with stickers so you end up waiting forever to get an inspection done.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some years ago I let my wife’s tag expire and the second day afterwards she was stopped for a routine license and registration inspection in NC. She got a ticket and is still mad about it. I’ll hear about it for the rest of my life. Chances of a routine stop theses days are nil, but my advice is to not let your wife drive with an expired tag.
Yep, but that is different than the OP's issue.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know posting in anger is not the best thing but at this point I have no idea what else I can do.

I placed my order through Chapman and they were super cool throughout the order process. Since I picked up the Maverick 2/26 it has been a real hassle with the registration. I was not sent a temp tag by them so I got one from the dealer here. Florida temp tags are only 30 days, but that should be plenty of time to get the title here and have the vehicle registered. Two weeks ago I heard nothing from the DMV so I reached out. The state showed the title still had not arrived so I reached out to sales. They said if I didn't have it by 3/24 to let them know and I would be overnighted a PA temp tag, good for 60 days.

Not one to wait until the last minute I emailed this past Monday, 3/21, and explained to the sales rep that I hadn't got anything from the state and it still shows that they had not received the title. I didn't hear anything back so I emailed the GM. I then heard back from the sales rep that they were going to wait until Thursday to send it. Thursday an email comes and says "We are waiting for PAA to send us a brick of temp tags so that we can send you one. Hopefully, we get them today or tmrw so we can overnight it to you." Nothing came Friday. Nothing came Saturday, which was the last day my FL temp tag was valid. I am now stuck with a vehicle I cannot legally drive. This means I cannot drive to work. This means I cannot pick up my son from school or take him to his swimming lessons. This means I cannot drive my mother to the hospital and she's due to have heart surgery this week. This means I cannot operate a vehicle I just purchased.

I am hard pressed to buy that the dealer had absolutely no temp tags available because that would mean that they couldn't sell a vehicle for the last three days. They couldn't get one from any of the other three locations sent to me? They can't get the title to my state in 30 days? This is beyond ridiculous and I am at a loss for what to do next.

1648364885187.png
Keep all your paperwork and printed emails in the Maverick and just drive it. Most law enforcement officers will understand the issue if you get pulled over.
An officer may give you a ticket but he may also say, that he will 'tear it up' if you get it tagged after a set time frame.
Call your dealer and tell him he's paying your ticket if they can't get their act together.
Good luck.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here I was thinking something went catastrophically wrong...

The chances of you getting stopped AND ticketed are close to zero.

Luckyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
I know posting in anger is not the best thing but at this point I have no idea what else I can do.

I placed my order through Chapman and they were super cool throughout the order process. Since I picked up the Maverick 2/26 it has been a real hassle with the registration. I was not sent a temp tag by them so I got one from the dealer here. Florida temp tags are only 30 days, but that should be plenty of time to get the title here and have the vehicle registered. Two weeks ago I heard nothing from the DMV so I reached out. The state showed the title still had not arrived so I reached out to sales. They said if I didn't have it by 3/24 to let them know and I would be overnighted a PA temp tag, good for 60 days.

Not one to wait until the last minute I emailed this past Monday, 3/21, and explained to the sales rep that I hadn't got anything from the state and it still shows that they had not received the title. I didn't hear anything back so I emailed the GM. I then heard back from the sales rep that they were going to wait until Thursday to send it. Thursday an email comes and says "We are waiting for PAA to send us a brick of temp tags so that we can send you one. Hopefully, we get them today or tmrw so we can overnight it to you." Nothing came Friday. Nothing came Saturday, which was the last day my FL temp tag was valid. I am now stuck with a vehicle I cannot legally drive. This means I cannot drive to work. This means I cannot pick up my son from school or take him to his swimming lessons. This means I cannot drive my mother to the hospital and she's due to have heart surgery this week. This means I cannot operate a vehicle I just purchased.

I am hard pressed to buy that the dealer had absolutely no temp tags available because that would mean that they couldn't sell a vehicle for the last three days. They couldn't get one from any of the other three locations sent to me? They can't get the title to my state in 30 days? This is beyond ridiculous and I am at a loss for what to do next.

1648364885187.png
I drove around for a few weeks without my registration…i had a 60 day temp and it took almost an extra month. I didn’t really care it sorta pissed me off, but I drove it every day without a worry in the world. I have insurance and the paper work from the dealership if randomly I would have been pulled over… The dmv here told me it’s no worries we are about a month behind on everything you’ll get it.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer temp tags, arent they printed out? Mine was.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.