2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Per the info he provided, they have a dealership in Dallas that can accept the delivery of the vehicle . So instead of them shipping to their dealership it goes straight to the courtesy dealer which handles the final prep of the vehicle (gas, inspection, etc) and then you pick up from that location.

You do have to pay a fee to the courtesy dealer but it's not a shipping fee. It's pretty nominal tbh. Not sure if they have anyone in Tennessee or Washington, but doing some reading it appears you may be able to talk to local dealers to see if they would be willing to act as a courtesy dealer and work out a $ figure for their service. Also don't know if Chapman would be willing to work with any courtesy dealer or not, but maybe something to look into.

The only downfall I've seen to this after researching this evening is if you are planning to trade in a vehicle that changes things a bit. I was planning to do a trade-in so if I go with Champan and the Courtesy Dealer, then I'd lose the potential tax savings from the trade in since I'd have to sell my current vehicle and apply the money to a down payment. Even with that it still seems like the Chapman pricing with the Courtesy Dealer Fee would be less than what I'm finding locally.
Thanks for the clarification. This sounds great. I will be putting in my reservation with Chapman tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Per the info he provided, they have a dealership in Dallas that can accept the delivery of the vehicle . So instead of them shipping to their dealership it goes straight to the courtesy dealer which handles the final prep of the vehicle (gas, inspection, etc) and then you pick up from that location.

You do have to pay a fee to the courtesy dealer but it's not a shipping fee. It's pretty nominal tbh. Not sure if they have anyone in Tennessee or Washington, but doing some reading it appears you may be able to talk to local dealers to see if they would be willing to act as a courtesy dealer and work out a $ figure for their service. Also don't know if Chapman would be willing to work with any courtesy dealer or not, but maybe something to look into.

The only downfall I've seen to this after researching this evening is if you are planning to trade in a vehicle that changes things a bit. I was planning to do a trade-in so if I go with Champan and the Courtesy Dealer, then I'd lose the potential tax savings from the trade in since I'd have to sell my current vehicle and apply the money to a down payment. Even with that it still seems like the Chapman pricing with the Courtesy Dealer Fee would be less than what I'm finding locally.
Id be willing to drop ship ay any dealer...when you call a dealer to see if they would help you will a CD, ask for the Fleet Manager....sales managers want nothing to do with them...

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Hey Tom, can you get me a Maverick in Los Angeles, CA? I'm VERY interested in the 3% below invoice on either a pretty well optioned XL or perhaps a Lariat with tech pack.

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hey Tom, can you get me a Maverick in Los Angeles, CA? I'm VERY interested in the 3% below invoice on either a pretty well optioned XL or perhaps a Lariat with tech pack.
i don’t have any contacts in CA…best option would be to find a dealer willing to do a CD or shipping it…let me know how I may help

Sponsored

jayman465

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav 4
Hi everyone...I’m Tom…also a member of Bronco6g, Bronco Sport Forum, Mach E forum, & F15014gen Forum…

I am also offering 3% under invoice for Maverick new reservations & transfers…plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc…

Feel free to dm/text/email me

[email protected]
215-410-2210

Chapman Ford of Horsham, 19044 zip

No deposit required

Hey Tom,

I am a bit away from PA but travel often up there to see family. How would this work if I was from a state such a Virginia?

Thank you in a advance.

J

OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hey Tom,

I am a bit away from PA but travel often up there to see family. How would this work if I was from a state such a Virginia?

Thank you in a advance.

J
We can handle your Va tax/tags or if you are paying cash, you are welcome to handle them...you can either come to pick up or we can get a uship.com quote for u

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shout out to Tom and Steve at Chapman Ford. I got my XL ordered today; they made it incredibly easy. Total including all fees, CD to California, etc. (minus registration and tax) even after all my options like sunroof, rear window, 360 copilot, bedliner, and tow hitch was still below $23,000! That's an incredible bargain and Steve was great to work with. Thanks again guys!! I'm stoked for the new truck to arrive!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Shout out to Tom and Steve at Chapman Ford. I got my XL ordered today; they made it incredibly easy. Total including all fees, CD to California, etc. (minus registration and tax) even after all my options like sunroof, rear window, 360 copilot, bedliner, and tow hitch was still below $23,000! That's an incredible bargain and Steve was great to work with. Thanks again guys!! I'm stoked for the new truck to arrive!!
Thank you Doug! Appreciate u!

hye power

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang pp1
I'm in california as well and am interested can you explain how to make it happen?

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sent you a DM, basically includes some of the other things in this thread, you can purchase through Chapman Ford and use a courtesy dealer to assist in the final delivery/pickup process

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in Los Angeles too! How do I order out of state?
Place order with Chapman, find a dealer near you willing to be a courtesy dealer (speak with the fleet manager, the sales manager won’t want to help, per Chapman) for a few hundred bucks and your Mav will be delivered to that dealer for processing. Chapman will want a deposit for shipping it to them in the event you don’t want the truck that they’ll take when it’s scheduled to be built. They’ll apply it to purchase price once you sign paperwork.
Sponsored