First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2003 Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After taking delivery of my Maverick on Dec. 14th 2021, I waited patiently for a planned trip to Laughlin NV, / Bullhead City, AZ and parts therabouts. Off and running for the 9.5 hour drive, my dog Bam Bam and I were ready to get some miles on. The drive from where I live is pretty much a clear, straightforward affair that consists of mostly sceanic Utah at 80 mph and the Virgin River canyon in AZ followed by Nevada desert to Las Vegas and on to the Laughlin / Bullhead City area. I used the Adaptive Speed Control almost the entire drive. In Vegas stop and go traffic, I used the s&g function of the ACC and it worked flawlessly. The butt punch was minimal on the day long ride. Bam Bam found the interior noise comfortable enough to sleep for much of the trip. The premium sound system was great and with Sirrius XM providing the tunes, I was a happy driver for the long leg.

Once I met up with my buddies in Laughlin we decided to use the Mav for running around and exploring the desert. A trip to Oatman and on to Kingman allowed a short off road detour that had me climb a hill over loose shale rock and the lil truck rolled right up no problem. My friend that had the back seat place was comfortable and both of them were very impressed at my first use of decent control coming both down off the hill and down the twisty turning, very narrow section of Rt. 66 going east. I used the decent control the whole way down which allowed me to focus on the steering and road ahead. Donkeys in the road along the way were spotted and stopped for with no anxiety or alarm. Decent control for the win!

Running around was great! My friend has an F150 XL with an 8 ft. bed that was better left parked as my Mav got better milage and was way easer to manuver and park around town in Bullhead City. Many people commented on my little gem of a truck and they were all positive!

Asd I headed out for my drive home the local weather called for high winds in the area. 25 mph with 40 mph gusts. I was on the highway headed NW to Las Vegas and the lil truck was getting blown around a bit. Activated Lane Keeping Assist and I was amazed at how much it helped keep the truck centered in the lane. It reacted to the wind gusts faster than I could with manual input to the wheel. It made for a much more relaxed experience the entire way throught he desert. After this first, real world use of the LKA, I am sold. On the long stretches of open road, it is a nifty feature that worked very well.

I have a 2.0 Eco Lariat with FX4 and 4K plus the lux pkg. MPG average during the trip was a respectable 28 MPG.

I very happy with my order and purchase! SO glad I didn't settle for some lame SUV!

Ford Maverick 3 months in, 1,300 mile road trip! PXL_20220318_193908843
Ford Maverick 3 months in, 1,300 mile road trip! PXL_20220321_214729185.MP
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: