First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's why I decided not to get a moon roof. I tend to keep vehicles a long time. Like really long time. I still have my 1994 chevy silverado I bough special order brand new. That's like 28 years. I typically try to not order options that might give me issues later on.
I was referring to the moonroof delaying the order... I'm sure the mechanism is fine.

I don't really feel like 3-9 months is different than 6-9 months... 😀

But it does give hope!

Local dealership called on Saturday and offered me a customer ordered XL Hybrid that fell out. $5k over MSRP. I demurred.
Sponsored

Last edited:

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But do they have any takers? Or is this a vehicle they keep on the lot to attract attention and IF IF someone pays it they take the windfall and move on?
Not a vehicle to keep on the lot…that’s the price they plan to sell it at. Hybrid XL with the only options being 360, dealer bed mat, and trailer hitch. Smh.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a vehicle to keep on the lot…that’s the price they plan to sell it at. Hybrid XL with the only options being 360, dealer bed mat, and trailer hitch. Smh.
Then they will be keeping it a very long time. That's really bad business ethics. I remember when dodge dealers were marking up challenger hellcats $10K-$20K. I was set to trade my 2007 mustang GT for one. My response to that was go choke on it. I dont need another car payment that bad.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just found this on maverick mafia on fakebook. I really hope this doesnt push my order back to 2023. Maybe Zach knows. I ordered my AWD 4K tow on dec 28th. Will my order be affected by this? Or is it just recent orders as of let's say today. If so, I may have to get in touch with the fine folks at Granger Ford, and possibly remove that from my order.

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford Screenshot_20220117-162349_Samsung Internet

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen many times where dealers will do extreme ADM to hold a new or rare model vehicle as a "display". If someone wants it bad enough they just sell their "display" for a tidy profit and move on. Otherwise, it draws attention to their lot and generates traffic in their door.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen many times where dealers will do extreme ADM to hold a new or rare model vehicle as a "display". If someone wants it bad enough they just sell their "display" for a tidy profit and move on. Otherwise, it draws attention to their lot and generates traffic in their door.
Salesman told me directly that’s what they plan to sell it at. Said they had 3 on the lot previously and all of them were sold to people who flew in to buy and drove them to their respective states.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But do they have any takers? Or is this a vehicle they keep on the lot to attract attention and IF IF someone pays it they take the windfall and move on?
Town & Country Ford in Evansville, IN had a base Lariat. I inquired about the truck and was told the sale price was 10k over the MSRP. It was gone the next week when I went by the dealership.

I'm guessing they have plenty of takers with deep pockets and no patience!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Town & Country Ford in Evansville, IN had a base Lariat. I inquired about the truck and was told the sale price was 10k over the MSRP. It was gone the next week when I went by the dealership.

I'm guessing they have plenty of takers with deep pockets and no patience!
Well I can wait. Buys me time to save up more money for a down payment than I already have.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just found this on maverick mafia on fakebook. I really hope this doesnt push my order back to 2023. Maybe Zach knows. I ordered my AWD 4K tow on dec 28th. Will my order be affected by this? Or is it just recent orders as of let's say today. If so, I may have to get in touch with the fine folks at Granger Ford, and possibly remove that from my order.

Screenshot_20220117-162349_Samsung Internet.jpg
I haven't seen that yet.

Sponsored

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When did you place the first order? If it is ecoboost you should not see a 6 month wait.
Not see a 6 month wait. My EB lariat was ordered 5 1/2 months ago. Not scheduled for the next 2 1/2 months. That is 8 months without a build date.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford - I sent an updated email request to make modifications to my order, knowing this could change my place/time but I'm okay with that - how long does it usually take to get updates on these (not trying to be pushy, just see yall active here and want to set my own expectations)

Thanks!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford - I sent an updated email request to make modifications to my order, knowing this could change my place/time but I'm okay with that - how long does it usually take to get updates on these (not trying to be pushy, just see yall active here and want to set my own expectations)

Thanks!
We've had a couple people out sick and can't seem to catch up. I'd say 48-72 hours.

westyman71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered mine with Granger yesterday.
Pretty simple.
Go to Ford website and "build" what you want.
Email them and attach the build
They got back to me in a couple of days
Confirmed the build, signed the document electronically, paid the deposit
Easy, peasy
Got my order confirmation within 30 minutes.
Take care, all
Sponsored