First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think thats why Granger gives you a temp tag because every state may have different rules on registration and different sales tax rates so it would be pretty hard to do all the paperwork for a whole lot of states on a whole bunch of Mavericks. Sales tax is capped in SC at $500 BUT they consider cars personal property so you pay property tax annually and for a new car its painful but gets prorated down each year. They all get their money one way or another.😭
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwiw, I’ve purchased two vehicles in PA, both times I was given a PA temp tag and paid NY sales tax. Both of those dealerships had me sign POA for the titling so they could register the car in NY for me.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sales tax collection is going to vary significantly from state to state and even from location to location
Generally, unless the state you purchase the vehicle in requires collecting sales tax for out of state purchases I would not expect a dealership to collect and remit your states sales tax unless they are physically located near the border of your states, or operate dealerships in your state.

I would not expect a dealer in the middle of Iowa to handle collecting and remitting sales tax to any state other than Iowa.

If you calculate how much the sales tax will be for your home state granger should be able to roll that amount into your financing and cut you a check.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My error, bed tie downs DO NOT come with the XL, the window sticker says 6, I only saw 4 but there are two on the tailgate. My mistake:sick:
Then how did you get them?

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then how did you get them?
will require an after market purchase - either Ford or online - have yet to purchase. when I saw 6 listed on the window sticker i did not realize there are two on the tailgate, when you let it down

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
will require an after market purchase - either Ford or online - have yet to purchase. when I saw 6 listed on the window sticker i did not realize there are two on the tailgate, when you let it down
You've lost me. So the XL came with four on the bed? And two on the tailgate?

Or if comes with none and you added them?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drill and install these. Logistics track. UScargocontrolcorp.com I think was where I got the undrilled blanks in 48" long and had to cut off a couple inches, then drill and countersink

Set shown is second set I made up for a friend. Tiedowns are inexpensive off evilbay. This is professional grade DIY.

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford IMG_0366

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford Screenshot_20220426-070121_Gallery

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've lost me. So the XL came with four on the bed? And two on the tailgate?

Or if comes with none and you added them?
two on each side of the bed - look at barracuda's photo and imagine those are ford fixed non adjustable tie downs, then two bottle opener/tie downs when you open the tail gate, but nothing flat on the bed floor

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford IMG_20220827_104228954_MP

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drill and install these. Logistics track. UScargocontrolcorp.com I think was where I got the undrilled blanks in 48" long and had to cut off a couple inches, then drill and countersink

Set shown is second set I made up for a friend. Tiedowns are inexpensive off evilbay. This is professional grade DIY.

IMG_0366.jpg

Screenshot_20220426-070121_Gallery.jpg
They have a 96" piece. I bet shipping cost is higher but it should be enough for both sides, right?

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/prod...L*MTY2MTcwMzExNi4xLjEuMTY2MTcwMzI2OS41NC4wLjA.

This looks like a great deal!

https://www.myteeproducts.com/4-foo...l-track-stud-with-stainless-steel-ring-4.html

Dale Ducheneaux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 Maverick XLT 9/16/22
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Details:

$3,000 OFF MSRP on any new Retail Maverick order placed from December 27th through January 24th.
$100 Non-Refundable Deposit Required
Only 2.0L Orders are being taken currently by Ford
As always $180 Doc Fee, $45 In-transit fee.
No drop-shipping, no other hidden fees.

Why? This is going to be a dual benefit. First, it will help our allocation for our early reservation holders. Second, it will be a great offering for anyone looking to purchase a Maverick and is willing to wait.

This deal will absolutely end February 1st and will not be extended. We are doing this to help boost our allocation now and in the future.

What if I have an existing order? - We will be honoring the 3% under invoice for orders taken before December 27th. If you'd like to take advantage of the lower pricing you can cancel your existing reservation and transfer your deposit to a new order. You will however have your order timing reset and go back to the end of the line of potential allocation.

How do I place an order? - email [email protected] with the URL or a PDF from Ford's built and price tool.

Hopefully this softens the blow of the price increase to anyone on the fence for a new Maverick order.

Zach
Hi! Zach,
Can I come down to work up an order to be placed on Dec 27th?

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They have a 96" piece. I bet shipping cost is higher but it should be enough for both sides, right?

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/prod...L*MTY2MTcwMzExNi4xLjEuMTY2MTcwMzI2OS41NC4wLjA.

This looks like a great deal!

https://www.myteeproducts.com/4-foo...l-track-stud-with-stainless-steel-ring-4.html
I would not recommend the second link in your reply. You will likely have extra holes in the track that dont line up with anything, along with the odd spacing ford has, you will likely have to drill all your own holes anyways. This makes it look like an unfinished installation. For these reasons I would always recommend undrilled for this application. Now if you were mounting them to a trailer deck, then pre drilled is the way to go. The trapesoid shaped surface mount track from cargo control corp has more metal on its sides making it a bit more rigid and stronger, plus it has a more "finished look" to it instead of a cobbled DIY.

You could go with 8'. It will be more than enough. However it's cheaper to ship a shorter box. Regardless you will still have to make 2 cuts anyways weather it's the 8 footer, or the two 4 footers, because your going to have to cut them both to 41" to fit.

I just went with 4 footers, and cut a bit off 1 end on each of them. The holes to use in the bed are the 2 very front by removing the cleat. The one in the very middle, and very rear. Ignore the others those are not in a straight line. Plus the surface mount with the trapezoidal shape is strong enough with only 4 bolts in it. The other reason to use only these 4 mount points, is they are exact 1" dimensions.

Logistics track dimension center to center on the round lug holes is exact 1" dimensions. This will assure that your mounting screws fall in the center of the round lug holes. I used stainless steel 90° countersunk torx screws, and made little stainless end caps out of .040" stainless steel bent 90° to finish off the raw cut track ends.

Note the dimensions on the paper. Or run a tape measure in the back of your truck, and you will see what I am talking about. Being the forward cleat bolts are smaller, on the 2 sets I made, I decided to drill a second hole i the track so the 2 cleat bolt holes in the front hold that end of the track.

You can do these for well under $100 and they look professional. Unlike that awful looking DIY setup with the home depot crap rail.

Hope this helps
Matt

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220408_090025

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220531_085113

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220531_095110

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220828_121458

Last edited:

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is good intel / info! Thanks so much!

UberX​
26.59 miles | 28 min​
Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220828_121458
11:44 AM​
Cowles Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321, US​
12:13 PM
1708 Sycamore St, Granger, IA 50109, US
Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford p4.cloudfront.net%2Freceipt-new%2Fdestination%402x

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford {filename}

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford {filename}
You should sell these!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
es7129 ,
I thought about it. Would love to do it. I love making stuff that other people put on their rides. It's a cool thing really, but I have too many irons in the fire elsewhere. Dont even want to go into that discussion. I got a set of bed rails for me that are ready to bolt on, and made a set for a buddy so yeah, I'm good. As such, all the information is right there for the taking. Go for it.
Sponsored

Last edited: