pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I ordered from a local dealer here in New Jersey. I didn't learn of the Fraud Allocation System until long after I ordered. It's was a well kept secret that not many people knew. I thought it was a simple system, order your truck, order gets submitted, truck gets built... I was admittedly a fool.
A corporation can choose to build and deliver products in any manner they choose. Ford has been changing and updating their processes to be more transparent (and incrementally better), but you can't expect a large international corporation to be able to pivot and change overnight.

Would you prefer Hyundai's concierge service? The one where buyers who pre-ordered did not actually get assigned a specific vehicle, but were guided to 'builds' that were 'similar' to their 'ordered' spec? Only to have dealers sell them before they arrived at the dealer because they don't actually build to order?

Every company does this different, for all Ford needs to improve they are doing a lot of things right.

Maybe your dealer sucks at communicating, Granger was great to work with.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Sounds like somebody's gotta case of the Mondays.

My 2.0 XLT with lux and CP360 was ordered 45 days earlier and todays Ford Marketing call tells me, it's still in order processing, I'm glad you're getting yours... just totally frustrated with Fraud Motor Company, 1st in 1st out was the quickly pivoted policy Fraud said they switched to. Lying Bastards,

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like somebody's gotta case of the Mondays.

Nope, just that at 71 years of age, being lied to about a $30,000 plus order is aggravating and a huge annoyance. I really have no idea how much time I will be blessed with here and I want to enjoy myself while I can.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A corporation can choose to build and deliver products in any manner they choose. Ford has been changing and updating their processes to be more transparent (and incrementally better), but you can't expect a large international corporation to be able to pivot and change overnight.

Would you prefer Hyundai's concierge service? The one where buyers who pre-ordered did not actually get assigned a specific vehicle, but were guided to 'builds' that were 'similar' to their 'ordered' spec? Only to have dealers sell them before they arrived at the dealer because they don't actually build to order?

Every company does this different, for all Ford needs to improve they are doing a lot of things right.

The pivoting was Fords mention, not mine. They said they quickly pivoted... not me. They did not quickly pivot, in fact there, there was not, or is not any pivot done. They are still using the allocation model.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thought the people here might find this interesting. Just spoke with Ford Marketing and then Ford Customer Relations over the phone. Neither had any updates about my order (first week of January). No surprise here. But I did get two different answers regarding whether my order would end up as a MY22 truck or go to MY23.

When I asked the Ford Marketing rep about which model year will be built for my order, he said that the reason they closed order backs in late January is so that all MY22 would be built. So he expected mine to be built in this model year. However, Ford Customer Relations told me that if you don't have a VIN by this point in time (which I dont) it will likely go to MY23. He mentioned that scheduling for MY22 will go on for the next month and a half or so, but its unlikely my order will be built as a MY22.

Who know what to believe..
Ford Customer Relations, the Marketing people will always spin it to look good. Ford stop taking orders because they knew they will have a problem building what they have. When you have people who have waited a YEAR for their truck, that shows the real issue.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I chose to order with Whit(e) Goodman at Globogym
Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford AAA&w=247&h=231&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.65&pid=3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
The REAL ISSUE? :ROFLMAO:

The REAL ISSUE is the simple fact that demand is far greater than their estimates.

DEMAND > INITIAL PRODUCTION ESTIMATES plus world wide supply chain issues resulted in suppliers being unable to even deliver the original quantity of components.

Just for laughs... what would you have done differently one year ago to fix this?

Ford Customer Relations, the Marketing people will always spin it to look good. Ford stop taking orders because they knew they will have a problem building what they have. When you have people who have waited a YEAR for their truck, that shows the real issue.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ANY vin numbers today from the 3k deal.....? Not one for me.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nada.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a thang…crickets.

I have a feeling this thread may need retirement.

Granger can start another for emotional support…
At 99 pages??? We were sooo close! If it hits 100 pages Ford will bump their allocations to.....
Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford aDU&w=349&h=156&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.65&pid=3

Seriously they should Granger is the most popular Ford dealership on MTC forum. Constraints aside they could build everyone of our Granger Mavericks in less then a day and still have time for a ciesta down there. Should we start a petition? Maybe get Iowa congressman to make a phone call to Michigan congressman?
Anyways I'm excited and still patient.
Sponsored