Sponsored

Hanksmydog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 F150 , 2010 Mustang GT, Maverick XLT
Yes, unfortunately it is very thin at 5 allocations. We also had 5 allocations that didn't get VINs assigned from the previous month, so it sounds like the allocation was very thin because of the carryover demand they still need to schedule.
Does Granger send us an email notification when our order is picked up by Ford from your dealership?
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we think the 5 per month allocation is the new normal? I thought allocations were going to go up, not drop to almost zero.
I bet this is just a glitch. It was only 5 probably from our 361 sale special total. Maybe they had others that are prior orders to the sale special that were on restriction , and finally got parts, so they got pulled for builds ahead of ours. If that's the case, it is only fair we wait our turns. I am still very grateful that Zach has offered us this deal on these trucks, and also greatful that I am in a position vehicle wise to be able to wait until mine gets built and shipped.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does Granger send us an email notification when our order is picked up by Ford from your dealership?
I asked Ashleigh if she could send me a courtesy email in regards to that. I imagine they have a lot of stuff going on at the dealer. She told me ford will send me an email with the vin at that time. I know the waiting is pretty rough, but all good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet this is just a glitch. It was only 5 probably from our 361 sale special
It's just 5, bro. Plus Ford didn't actually pull 5 off their allocations from last month, so technically it's 0.

Not too much to read into this. The Mavs are not ford's priority and the chip shortage is severe.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's just 5, bro. Plus Ford didn't actually pull 5 off their allocations from last month, so technically it's 0.

Not too much to read into this. The Mavs are not ford's priority and the chip shortage is severe.
What's interesting that I just read is Texas Instruments who is also a chip maker here in the U.S. stated recently that there has been a chip buying slowdown in china. So they are working with the U.S. automakers to configure their chips to work with what our auto I industry needs. Additionally Texas Instruments is ramping up another facility that will employ 600 more people presumably for chip manufacturing.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Not sure what kind of info your getting, however last month I was number 65, and according to Ashleigh, this month I'm number 60 on the list. Sure looks like 5 allocations pulled to me. We will see what june brings.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what kind of info your getting, however last month I was number 65, and according to Ashleigh, this month I'm number 60 on the list. Sure looks like 5 allocations pulled to me. We will see what june brings.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...se-with-granger-ford.7000/page-79#post-284991

If you decreased by 5 then that means they had 10 Vins assigned this month. 5 from last month and 5 new ones. I guess that's better than how I first interpreted Zack's comment.

First Name
Ryan Bebensee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
I wanted to write a short review to assist anyone else waiting. I ordered from Granger on July 20th 2021 and drove 3.5 hours yesterday morning to pick it up. Hearing horror stories on some of the posts about other dealers, made me nervous. When I got there I was greeted by my salesman and immediately got to go check out the Mav where it was being washed. I checked it out using a checklist I had made for myself using some of my ideas and a thread here. All the paperwork was completed just fine and Granger's customer service is top notch and very kind. I ordered when they did the 3% under invoice and I had no issues using my $1,000 rebate, got to use the 0%/36mo and the trade in offer was fair. I was in and out after exactly a hour.

I wanted to make sure I left a positive review with you all. I wanted to go out of town because I didn't trust the dealers around me, and I'm glad I did. I also got 40.2 mpg going halfway across Iowa back home, I was surprised with doing mostly highway, but not interstate.

Thanks to the Granger team!

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting! and confirming the "Granger Team". I look forward to that same experience.

Just curious, how did you transfer money to them? When I make the trip from California, I'd like to know if a cashier's check will be needed, etc.

Sponsored

First Name
Ryan Bebensee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Thanks for posting! and confirming the "Granger Team". I look forward to that same experience.

Just curious, how did you transfer money to them? When I make the trip from California, I'd like to know if a cashier's check will be needed, etc.
That was one of the questions I asked them actually. I asked if I could do a cashiers check and they were good with that. I have no personal checks so I went to my main bank I use for a cashiers check and they were nice enough to not charge me for one.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Wire is the easiest, but we will accept a cashier's check as well.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was one of the questions I asked them actually. I asked if I could do a cashiers check and they were good with that. I have no personal checks so I went to my main bank I use for a cashiers check and they were nice enough to not charge me for one.
That would be a question I would have. Did Granger want a cashier's check, or could I do an electronic transfer from my savings to personal checking account and just write them a check. I know they said I could put $2,000 max on a credit card towards a down payment. Not a problem for me. I have a PayPal credit card, and a decent amount in my PayPal account. I would use the card, then xfer the money from the account to the card to cover the charge.

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it is quite likely one will have more than adequate time to mull over all the permutations of payment for their Maverick. It may be possible to buy discounted savings bonds today and even with their rather lengthy maturity pay with those proceeds… 🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored