First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could care less about selling. I will drive this one for 15 years like my current DD. By the time I go to sell it, its gonna be worn out.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could care less about selling. I will drive this one for 15 years like my current DD. By the time I go to sell it, its gonna be worn out.
Having a car that is worth more (1 year newer model) isn't just about selling it.

If it gets totaled/stolen the value you get from insurance is related to its value.

Not to mention any software updates and tweaks, color options that will come in 1 month.

Unless you are peddling a bicycle right now, it would be foolish to get a 2022 in Oct when you could get a 2023 in November.

It is a moot issue for 99% of us. But if I was priority two right now I would do whatever it takes to get me to a 19.

In other news, I saw a lariat F-150 lightning in the wild today. Awesome looking truck!

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I thought 2 was better than 19 ?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought 2 was better than 19 ?
It is if you want a 2022, if you want it rolled back to be a 2023 since Granger said they would honor the offer on vehicles rolled over to 2023, just add a bunch of constraint options on it.

I could care less about the extras. The 2023 will still come in silver, which is what I want. I also could care less about software updates and tweaks. Or the latest greatest options for 2023. This thing will get driven 18 miles round trip daily 8 days straight every 2 weeks, then parked under a carport for the other 6 days I am off shift. Hell I dont even turn the radio on in my current DD my commute is that short. I will likely drive it 5,000 miles a year lol

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thing will get driven 18 miles round trip daily 8 days straight every 2 weeks, then parked under a carport for the other 6 days I am off shift. Hell I dont even turn the radio on in my current DD my commute is that short. I will likely drive it 5,000 miles a year lol
With that low of mileage, your current daily driver should be in great shape.

My Tacoma is 16 years old, 116,000 miles and still runs great.

Why the angst when so close to a new MY?

Ford Maverick $3,000 OFF - DEAL CLOSED - Fight OFF the Price Increase with Granger Ford 20220131_170337

Lofton

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just add a bunch of constraint options on it.
I don’t think constrained features can be added. I tried adding CP360 to an XL a couple weeks back and was told I couldn’t do it. Surely, don’t remove them if you’re on the fence with the uncertainty of later being able to add them back.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With that low of mileage, your current daily driver should be in great shape.

My Tacoma is 16 years old, 116,000 miles and still runs great.

Why the angst when so close to a new MY?

20220131_170337.jpg
No angst. Just want to be out of what I am in. Been driving it the last 14 years. Before I got the job I am in now, I drove a lot of distance for work. It has 151k on it and is burning 2 quarts of oil every 3,000 miles. 2008 chevy HHR 5 speed Wagon. Driving it feels like sitting under your dining room table. Roof is squatty, A pillars are super thick, and windows are really short.

Less than a year into ownership, it got whaled on by a monster hailstorm in my town. Softball sized hail. The wait to get it fixed was long. No roof skins available from GM, I said fuck it, put a windshield in it, then I used the rest of the insurance cash to pay it off.

All the small shit is now breaking on it. Also needs lower control arms, a turn signal switch, and another windshield from rocks flung at it from trucks. But it runs. So it gets me where it's got to go for now. I mean I will likely put another glass in it, and new lower control arms on it, keep it for a spare vehicle. It's good enough for that.

After 14 years in the same vehicle, I am past ready for new. Your Toyota is 16 years old. Did you buy it used? If so how many years have you been driving it? After 14 years in this disposable cracker box, I am done. I could care less about software changes. Or different options. I ordered exactly what I wanted, in the color I wanted it in. Silver. Perfect color for a daily driver in dusty assed west Texas. It never looks dirty.

Last edited:

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep patriot, Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked for that a while ago because they had one for the bronco guys, no response on that.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
F150 lightning sucks for towing. Watched a video. They hitched an airstream to it, got 150 miles out of it and had to turn back, it was sucking serious amps. No chargers where they were going. I will pass on that shit.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would be nice if Granger provided a link to a shared spreadsheet with all the $3k off orders and their status. It can be anonymous and identified by the order number.
I get the impression that they really regret doing this offer at all. It was supposed to help them increase on lot allocations on a vehicle that could be sold in volume with even a slight markup.

Then Ford turned the model upside down on them

I don't think you are getting much more than what we've got out of this.
Sponsored