2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My post is in reference to this post, if you haven't seen it.

I was incredibly shocked by the mileage figure on the above post, and I live near the dealer, so I had to go see it from the perspective of a current Maverick owner at 10,000 miles. I also wanted to see if it really had that many miles, or if it was a typo or something. It's not!

The "bad":
There was some visible wear on the steering wheel in the 10 and 2 position. There was a ton of rock chips on the bumper and front of the hood, but that's expected. Tire tread looked worn, obviously. The carpet liners had visible wear but nothing bad. Seatbelt had a few frayed edges but nothing horrible.

The good:
Other than that, it looked perfect! The seats looked brand new, All dials and gear shifter looked perfect, paint was good, screen was perfect, very minimal wear on the soft plastics, etc.

I asked the dealer what the previous owner did with the truck to get so many miles, but I didn't get a straight answer. The Carfax says it was a single owner and a personal vehicle so I was really wondering, but no luck on an answer.

Before anyone asks, no, I didn't mention the criminal price tag.

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 20230202_150416

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 20230202_150439

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 20230202_150444

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 20230202_150447

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 20230202_150727
Sponsored

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked the dealer what the previous owner did with the truck to get so many miles, but I didn't get a straight answer. The Carfax says it was a single owner and a personal vehicle so I was really wondering, but no luck on an answer.
CARFAX also says it was sent to an auction in NC before being bought by the IL used car dealer, so they probably have absolutely no idea who the original owner was.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Still its only a year old. A ten year old maverick with 100k+ miles is going to look a lot different. Takes time for UV, hot and cold cycles to do the real damage.
This. While it's interesting to see how it's held up for those miles, it's still a fairly "new" vehicle in some ways.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well son - thank you !!!! I appreciate your detective skills and more than that a post not related to allocations, delivery dates or where the hell a train is at a particular time :ROFLMAO: It really would be interesting how the heck they got that many miles on the truck. If someone that works at a dealership got the prior owners name🤔 ........ Ill stop there LOL

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not bad not bad was a ecoboost. I’d expect a hybrid would be the first high mileage year old. Wished a under view was made. I was concerned about rust on my pinch welds first time looking under a month or so after buying my Maverick.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guesses for use
1. Uber
2. Visits to spouse in jail
3. Fuck Musk, it drove to the moon

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The original owner probably picked it up at the Hermosillo plant and decided to take scenic route back home, driving it all the way down to the southern tip of South America and then driving back up on the opposite coast to the United States. By the time his ass got home, it probably already racked-up 60k miles. I'm telling you, some individuals are crazy like that.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
boo

boo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Still its only a year old. A ten year old maverick with 100k+ miles is going to look a lot different. Takes time for UV, hot and cold cycles and rust to do the real damage.
Yes, agreed. This truck did not speed up time. But the wear and tear is still interesting.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could it have been flat towed behind a RV or something? Looks like it’s in unusually clean condition, considering.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea of the built date. (Month/Year).

2seater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Reatta, Ford Ranger, Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It probably has a story to tell which would be interesting. In March of 2014 I bought a 2011 Subaru Forester with 163,000 miles on it. It also went through an auction before the lot I bought it from but did track down the original use and it was owned by a cattle breeding business. The bulk of the interior, light gray, was surprisingly clean, but inside the rear hatch and behind the rear seat, it was pretty beat up. That was apparently where the action was. The rear passenger doors were even still stiff, apparently little used. I thought mine was always on the move but couldn't hold a candle to this one.