Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice find! I look for articles daily.

I would not sweat the drive modes. Forscan can do wonders.

OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice find! I look for articles daily.

I would not sweat the drive modes. Forscan can do wonders.
I just got a Forscan programing cable, waiting on the maverick now. It has been built but not shipped.

I think I will wait till more people test out reprograming a tremor before I give it a try.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got a Forscan programing cable, waiting on the maverick now. It has been built but not shipped.

I think I will wait till more people test out reprograming a tremor before I give it a try.
At a bare minimum - it will be easy to re-enable Sport and Snow/Ice mode as those are available on the standard Maverick.

Adding a baja mode would be something entirely different.

EDIT: I'll add that I think the C/D article is on to something as far as what this Mav Tremor can be. I've heard a lot of "it's not a true off roader" or "it can't rock crawl" like that is the only form of off-roading. Baja, sand, washboard roads, whoops, dips....that is what this vehicle was MADE for.

I wish Ford would really lean all in to that identity with the Mav Tremor and give us a Baja mode and maximizing the capabilities of the RDU.

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
imho the Tremor doesn't have the structural rigidity or suspension travel to be a Baja runner but sport mode would within it's capibilities.

Sponsored

MavFromTheDead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At a bare minimum - it will be easy to re-enable Sport and Snow/Ice mode as those are available on the standard Maverick.

Adding a baja mode would be something entirely different.

EDIT: I'll add that I think the C/D article is on to something as far as what this Mav Tremor can be. I've heard a lot of "it's not a true off roader" or "it can't rock crawl" like that is the only form of off-roading. Baja, sand, washboard roads, whoops, dips....that is what this vehicle was MADE for.

I wish Ford would really lean all in to that identity with the Mav Tremor and give us a Baja mode and maximizing the capabilities of the RDU.
A Baja mode or a drift type mode would be pretty sweet to play with. Hell, just a full TCS defeat would be fun.

Elduchey

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently Im going to have to try out tow mode for my 0-60 runs..

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

imho the Tremor doesn't have the structural rigidity or suspension travel to be a Baja runner but sport mode would within it's capibilities.
You are right but neither were XJ/MJ/ZJs till people figured out to plater tha chassis rails. Who is gonna be the first one to put a cage through the back glass?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Baja mode or a drift type mode would be pretty sweet to play with. Hell, just a full TCS defeat would be fun.
Agree that a TCS defeat would be helpful especially when trying to power up rutted out and steep dirt roads - Tired of the nannies kicking in.

emu_missing

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fredric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD 4k XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another article saying good things about the Maverick Tremor.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a42721100/2023-ford-maverick-tremor-almost-great-rally-car/

Just too bad it does not have a Baja mode like the Bronco.
How much wheel spin does sand mode allow?
Maybe Forscan can turn on sport mode on the tremor? But would sport mode know what to do with the fancy rear diff?
Ford had problems with previous generation crossover drive trains overheating the Power Take Off gear behind the front transaxle plus lack of drain/fill plugs. Overheating your gear lube is never good.

Rally racers are willing to replace major parts often anyway .If you’re willing to flog you pickup racing it, fine, but don’t expect long life.

I heard the Mav has extra cooling on the PTO gears. Somewhere else I read there was a big investment developing rear gearbox lube for the C2 platform. If we could lock-in the dual rear clutch to reduce solenoid duty cycle that might help. Sand Mode perhaps ?

Overheating traction control/ ABS servos is real thing too.
If we could fully disable ABS etc in « Rally Mode ». Problem Solved.

Subaru can handle sustained hard driving with simple mechanical differentials. My Suby doesn’t have x-mode so fun driving not allowed.

I ordered 4K towing for the lower gears and hope someone here discovers the Forscan settings to create « Rally Mode »

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
Rivers90

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does sand mode turn off traction control?

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford had problems with previous generation crossover drive trains overheating the Power Take Off gear behind the front transaxle plus lack of drain/fill plugs. Overheating your gear lube is never good.

Rally racers are willing to replace major parts often anyway .If you’re willing to flog you pickup racing it, fine, but don’t expect long life.

I heard the Mav has extra cooling on the PTO gears. Somewhere else I read there was a big investment developing rear gearbox lube for the C2 platform. If we could lock-in the dual rear clutch to reduce solenoid duty cycle that might help. Sand Mode perhaps ?

Overheating traction control/ ABS servos is real thing too.
If we could fully disable ABS etc in « Rally Mode ». Problem Solved.

Subaru can handle sustained hard driving with simple mechanical differentials. My Suby doesn’t have x-mode so fun driving not allowed.

I ordered 4K towing for the lower gears and hope someone here discovers the Forscan settings to create « Rally Mode »
I come from the Focus RS world of sniffing out work arounds not only using Forscan but other tools as well. We had a member (Kacper) create some tools to flash different modules in the RS and other vehicles that shared drivetrain components (Forum thread here and Github here). I have used Forscan and some of these other custom tools rather extensively on my RS. I've done plenty of track days and some random dirt road/trail fun runs to satisfy my rally car itch.

The AWD systems are obviously different, but since I now have a Tremor at home I plan on looking into the control systems, components, and modules used to determine if something similar to the DaftRS tools can be used/built out to enable additional tweaking.

Completely defeating ABS, TCS, and ESC (I am assuming this truck has it but not certain yet) is another goal of mine as I do plan on entering my Tremor in local armature rallycross events.

As soon as my work schedule and health permit me to, I will start working on digging through things and researching. If and when any discoveries are made I will start-up a thread to track everything and add in the notes/images I take along the way.

JournaL

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick Tremor, 16 WRX, 02 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was playing around with Forscan and there is Baja mode on the Maverick Tremor option, but I didn't enable or test it.
Sponsored