Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered almost the exact same truck. Skipped the tow package and co-pilot

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not efficient is based on what you are comparing. Much more efficient than my current vehicle. More efficient than most other AWD or 4WD configs. My guess it will get better than posted but even if it doesn’t it’s not horrible. AWD with towing and FX4 averaging 25 works just fine for me especially since I live in an area that gets snow, sleet, freezing rain and we don’t close the state when we do.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, mine just happens to be different.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Umm, not sure where to start. I've owned a couple of Honda elements - 160hp engine that managed 21mpg on a good tank of gas. The Maverick is a 250hp engine that bests that value by 20%. This is a really good number for an engine with that much power. It is also about 10% better than the Hyundai Santa Cruz (either engine).

Additionally, the Hybrid is only going to beat that highway rating by about 15% if the 34mpg Ford initially stated is true.

So, just because it isn't the Hybrid, does not mean it isnt a comparatively efficient vehicle in its class. It is competing with most SUVs that cost similarly if not more, and more often with less power.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a 250hp engine that bests that value by 20%. This is a really good number for an engine with that much power. It is also about 10% better than the Hyundai Santa Cruz (either engine).

Additionally, the Hybrid is only going to beat that highway rating by about 15% if the 34mpg Ford initially stated is true.

So, just because it isn't the Hybrid, does not mean it isnt a comparatively efficient vehicle in its class. It is competing with most SUVs that cost similarly if not more, and more often with less power.

If most of your driving is city miles then yes it is bad. 22 MPG bad.

We already have seen that the Hyundai Santa Cruz sucks in fuel economy (23 overall, 26 highway, 21 city) the Maverick EcoBoost only having one more MPG (22 vs 21) in city driving is nothing to write home about.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/43982.shtml

I have seen people switch from Hybrid to EcoBoost to get their Maverick built faster. Just remember what you are giving up in doing so. Paying $1085 more for the EcoBoost Engine and getting 45% worse city MPG resulting in higher fuel costs.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its 7 mpg better than my Grand Marquis while having 50 more horsepower and weighing less. Im totally content with 25 combined. Literally no issues with that.
I learned to drive with my grandpas 87 Grand Marquis. If I got in a accident I was going to win! Hahahaha.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I'm getting about 14mpg right now, so this will be pretty amazing to me. Yea, the hybrids better, but this isn't bad.

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This IS my build. (Except mine is in velocity blue and has a moonroof) I ALWAYS use the moonroof!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Name something brand new as inexpensive, as capable, can fit in a garage, can tow 4k pounds and get better than 25mpg mixed...
2-3 horses. Easily get 25mpc(miles per carrot). Hahahaha
Sponsored