Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
First off, that is a GREAT looking truck :)
Secondly, that is really not terrible mileage.... for a truck :) I had heard 26 mpg early on, and was not really impressed... but heck, I bet if you were really trying (hypermiling) you could get over 30 mpg's.... which, (not including Hybrids) is really great for any truck !

Enjoy it sir. Safe travels :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks man those are perfect. Man the OEM offsets are aggressive. đź‘Ť
Did you have any paint protection applied? The trim looks much more shiny than I'd expect. Just dealer prep? Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
No paint protection, yet. Taking it easy until I can get the front end done in XPEL.

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have any paint protection applied? The trim looks much more shiny than I'd expect. Just dealer prep? Thanks!
No paint protection, yet. Taking it easy until I can get the front end done in XPEL.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'll be doing the same. The trim just looks really shiny so i wasn't sure if that was the dealer applied treatment or something else. I've looked at everything from Xpel to ceramic coat and think I'll go with Xpel for my needs. I don't mind an occasional wax job. Thanks and enjoy, it looks great!

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those factory Pirelli’s are kinda junk.
Pirelli's are usually very highly rated so I wouldn't venture to call them junk. I just put some Pirelli Scorpions Verde Plus 2's on another car and they are excellent tires.

The Pirellii Scorpian ATR's which I believe are the stock tires on the Maverick have good ratings in everything except some people complain about them in SNOW however there are also other people who say they are great in snow so I think a lot may depend on the vehicle. I read a review of a guy with a WRX that said they were awesome in snow...but that's with a WRX :)

That being said I think the larger agressive tires look badass.

OP
OP
CLH917

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pirelli's are usually very highly rated so I wouldn't venture to call them junk. I just put some Pirelli Scorpions Verde Plus 2's on another car and they are excellent tires.

The Pirellii Scorpian ATR's which I believe are the stock tires on the Maverick have good ratings in everything except some people complain about them in SNOW however there are also other people who say they are great in snow so I think a lot may depend on the vehicle. I read a review of a guy with a WRX that said they were awesome in snow...but that's with a WRX :)

That being said I think the larger agressive tires look badass.
To be fair, I said kinda junk, so I didn’t give the full fledged junk branding. Lol. Anyways, they’re decent tires that do almost all things just a little better than okay. Lots better options available depending on your needs, especially if you’re ready to make the change right away and can get $400ish in credits for the Pirelli’s.

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much does the paint protection run vs. ceramic (if you know) ? Thx

@Adamwayne
I got a quote for complete ceramic coating at around 3k. For the film it looks like around 900 for the bumper and partial hood. I'm pretty new to these but it looks like you can do both. I think I'm going with just the film on front bumper and hood as i usually Finish First my vehicles twice a year and have been pretty happy with that product. My wife has a Subaru Crosstrek and I'm amazed at how bad her front end is chipped up from just city driving. I guess the paint isn't as thick as it used to be. I think something on the front is needed.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Yep, just nothing available in that specific size for truck type AT tires. 275/55/17's are close to the factory outside diameter tires and are more common, but I have no idea about needed wheel offset, or if that width would even fit on factory rims.
I believe the tire size is 245/65/17 and not 245/60/17.

Ford Maverick 245/65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires installed + MPG results on Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD 9D38A945-546A-4B86-A9BF-D2095D800DC1

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See above post
Yes, but SpacemanSpiff was suggesting 245/60R17 as a size that would be closer to stock in diameter resulting in minimal speedometer error. One can come up with all sorts of tire sizes, but whether or not any manufacturers really make it is another factor.

275/55R17 actually has a bit more support but then you're 2 inches wider than stock which, without spacers to increase offset, is quite likely to rub on the inner fender and probably give some poor handling characteristics that far overwidth.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but SpacemanSpiff was suggesting 245/60R17 as a size that would be closer to stock in diameter resulting in minimal speedometer error. One can come up with all sorts of tire sizes, but whether or not any manufacturers really make it is another factor.

275/55R17 actually has a bit more support but then you're 2 inches wider than stock which, without spacers to increase offset, is quite likely to rub on the inner fender and probably give some poor handling characteristics that far overwidth.
100% correct. Thanks Darnon.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awful picture while she’s dirty but just wanted to feed everyone some content until I can get some better pictures and do a more in depth review. Ride is great, noise is minimal and fitment has no rubs or trimming required. Again, I will go more in depth with everything later this evening/tonight, today has been busy for me.

245/65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 6.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 5.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 4.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 3.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 2.jpeg

2022 Ford Maverick 245:65R17 Toyo Open Country AT III tires 1.jpeg
Looks amazing !!!!!