Sponsored

245/65/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 or 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks AT3?

rob804

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
245/65/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks AT3?
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would take the Coopers over the watered down version of the Wildpeaks that come with the 235 AT Wheel/Tire upgrade -

OP
OP

rob804

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wildpeaks. my local dealer has added 245s to every Bronco Sport and they look great. They have used Falken, Toyo, Nitto and BFG, but the Falken wildpeak looks great and has tremendous reviews.
This is the one that I want. Because they are the heaviest, will it affect mpg a lot? Will it require another mod or is it just swap and drive?

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would like to do similar, but was curious what people do with their stock wheels. Resell independently? Are there trade-in options?

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Toyo's are few lbs lighter I believe, Wildpeaks a few lbs heavier. You might save a few bucks up front with the Wildpeaks, but you'll pay over time with the added fuel consumption. Probably won't be a super dramatic difference between the two, but even 1 mpg over the lifetime of the tires will add up.

If you're OKAY to the idea of 235/65R17, I suspect we'll see some very good deals on "take-offs" of the Falken Wildpeaks that are a factory option. That's a very nice, light-weight (31 LB) tire. I know several people here have opted to get those, but once they see the 245/65R17, I guarantee a few will "step-up" a size, which should be a very good buying opportunity for others! The 235/65R17 looks like the perfect size IMO, and the fact that they are fairly lightweight for an AT tire would peak my interest :unsure: Just my 2 pennies
Have had great luck with Cooper AT3s on my Honda Element- Wildpeaks looks good just havent used them before-

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're just swapping out tires, a place like Discount Tire would probably be happy to buy your take-off tires.

If you're replacing wheels and tires, you should be able to easily sell your original set. I sold the take-off set from my last two vehicles and recouped 60-70% of what I paid for my aftermarket set.
Your dealer might be interested in buying them as well, wouldn't hurt to ask them how much they'd give.
Appreciate the reply. Will they do that online? Don't have a brick and mortar store around me.

Reactions: JJC

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Toyos last a bit longer than the wilds...and have a better review from people in snow. Not sure about off road differences seem pretty even both have benefits to the other.

Sponsored

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
245/65/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks AT3?
I went Toyo OC ATIII love the aggressive tread and the ride. Very high rating, feel and look great. But I only put them on with 75 miles on the truck and now have 165. Love'em Good luck to you and all.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went Toyo OC ATIII love the aggressive tread and the ride. Very high rating, feel and look great. But I only put them on with 75 miles on the truck and now have 165. Love'em Good luck to you and all.
How quiet are the tires on the hwy? Do they sing?