Sponsored

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Just had the “Ranch” Cap installed on our Maverick. Overall the unit looks good except for the Bottom of the Front Corner where it meets the Cab - it just look’s raw and unfinished to me. As you can see there are two mild but obvious Corners where I feel it should be Rounded to match the body lines. That being said can those corners be sanded down to match the contours of the Truck? I am afraid of any hidden dangers with manipulating Gelcoat/Fiberglass. Of course it would just be the edge that is sanded not the Face. BTW it was $2399 installed with the Sliding and Down Folding Front Window.

The entry Height at the Door is 34”, the Interior Height is 38”.

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos 501D6132-E63D-46D0-8A74-41E68A6BAD49

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos d8838980-8304-4f80-8bfe-e7d02f4ba152-jpe

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos BB79AC43-3A0A-4C54-B764-CCDCFEFFC80E

MORE INFO:

Ishler's ? I was just emailing them this morning and they mentioned the white one from stock was just sold yesterday.

If I may ask, how high is the door when open?
Do you think it will leak?
Yup, ishlers! The Opening when open and Gate down is 34”, inside height is 38”. The Height of the Door while open from Floor is 74”.

i don’t know if it will Leak but I am as worried about it being a Unibody Pickup and debris gathering between the Cab and Cap. That is why the Drop Down Window is important. I also plan on pursuing a “Gasket” to seal the truck to the Cap but the third brake light will make that difficult. If that doesn’t work I’m going to try at least sealing the window opening between the Cab and cap, that might be easier. But first trimming the cap to fit better and possibly closer to the truck.

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos ishlers ranch cap ford maverick
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
I purposefully bought a Light Color Cap as we routinely travel with our dogs (German Shepard and Doberman) and we feel a Black Cap would simply get TOO Hot. With a little Pinstriping and amending those Corners should blend it in nicely.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello! Would you mind measuring the bed floor to the top of the tooper and also the bed floor to the top of the door opening (when opened) for me? I am trying to figure out if my bicycle will fit.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks good we are heavily considering Ranch. That is a pretty big gap between the cab. Do they offer a gasket for that?

Also how long after you ordered it was it delivered?

Reactions: RJ_
OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
I agree the Gap is larger than I would have preferred but I “think” if the bottom front edge was trimmed/rounded off as mentioned above it could slide just a bit further forward towards the Cab.

The entry Height at the Door is 34”, the Interior Height is 38”.

Actually I found one immediately available, a bit of a drive to get it though (3hrs) in Lancaster Pa - I made a shopping trip out of it (or my wife did). I was looking for a Silver one but White will do on Bla
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos D8838980-8304-4F80-8BFE-E7D02F4BA152

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ishler's ? I was just emailing them this morning and they mentioned the white one from stock was just sold yesterday.

If I may ask, how high is the door when open?
Do you think it will leak?

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Yup, ishlers! The Opening when open and Gate down is 34”, inside height is 38”. The Height of the Door while open from Floor is 74”.

i don’t know if it will Leak but I am as worried about it being a Unibody Pickup and debris gathering between the Cab and Cap. That is why the Drop Down Window is important. I also plan on pursuing a “Gasket” to seal the truck to the Cap but the third brake light will make that difficult. If that doesn’t work I’m going to try at least sealing the window opening between the Cab and cap, that might be easier. But first trimming the cap to fit better and possibly closer to the truck.

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos ishlers ranch cap ford maverick

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you trim that down, if possible, then slide it forward you will then transfer the gap to the rear leaving an opening at the tailgate.

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was asking Jeff about when he was installing the next one; I wanted to see it before ordering. I just missed yours. He's got another one coming in.

I'm 6'2" and don't want to bang my head trying to reach under the window. Too often, I need to get into the back with tailgate closed, cap door open. Always having to duck (with the SnugTop) would get real old, real quick.

Agree about the fold down window. My f150 has a ranch cap and I still have to fold down the cap to clean both windows to see out the back. The smoked glass on the cap and f150 window makes it really dark when clean, and almost opaque when dirty.

I'm of two minds about the gap. One is seal it up, the other is leaf blower it out. On one of the other threads, I posted a 1"x1.25" (link) foam I found for sealing cab/bed gaps.

I presume they used a Pacer PP20-702 adapter for cutting into the brake lights to power the CHMSL. I've yet to hear if there is a true CHMSL wire off of any of the harnesses. Did you happen to watch that part of the install?

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Yes: They tapped into the Brake light wires at the Taillights. I know exactly what you are talking about as my Ram had that wire staged on the Harness under the bed. I don’t know if Ford was that forward thinking with the Maverick.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So close to being right, that is frustrating. But after some thought it looks kinda planned for a front gap seal of the normal framed truck gap between bed and body., it looks off because the gap doesn’t travel the rest of the way as part of the truck look.
Bet if you get the cheapest truck cap window gasket from Amazon and fill in that gap it will look right.

Last edited:

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Before everyone jumps in, YES no one should have to do this on a $2400 Cap! But I am a “tinkerer” of sorts and just looking at it bothers me (OCPD?).
Please, as you tinker, adjust, and manipulate, post photos and descriptions.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it looks pretty nice in white,, i may even be a bit jealous. :(
Sponsored