KrisYYC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze, 2024 Ford Maverick XLT in production
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a 2024 Ecoboost XLT AWD with Lux package and 360 on September 7th, 2023. Dealership told me conservatively "spring or early summer 2024".

At least you guys in the US get some communication from Ford. We get nothing up here until it's basically shipped.
Sponsored

MDR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
MDR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just wondering to anyone who's ordered a 2024 Maverick, what were the typical wait estimates you got from your dealer? Six months? One year? Year and a half? Undetermined? I figure with Ford raising the prices across the board to dwindle demand, that would translate to an increase in production and more Mavericks showing up on dealer lots. Or I could be wrong. I'm aware that there's several 23 and even 22 rollovers that have to be fulfilled first (at least in theory) Some input would be great. I enjoy the Maverick so much that I want another one but with the added FX4 package. I'm also thinking a different color. The Atlas Blue has been growing on me. Or maybe Hot Pepper Red. I can't decide if I want to order another one or try to scour a 2023 on the lot at some point.
Ordered two lariats opening day lol got a build date on both Oct 23 with a vin #

Deanm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
24 Lariat was supposed to be delivered mid December. Dealer called today and said it has arrived and I can pick it up tomorrow 🥸

Rob217

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered an XL Eco AWD 4K 360 when Oder books opened in July. Two days ago I switched my order to XLT Lux Eco AWD 4K 360 with hopes that it will actually get built. Keep reading about XL’s not getting scheduled & orders outpacing production capacity for 24 MY.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol mine was the 27th also and got "delayed" to 11/6. I checked the year 3 times to make sure it was still 2023. 😂
Mine was ultimately delayed to 12/2. We will see if that holds true. Especially since I have not received any updates. I also cannot get into the customer order site.

Sponsored

badMotorist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Grand Marquis LS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've tried making sense of all the stickies and YouTube videos, but my brain can't wrap my head around it (I'm also terrible at math and business terminology).

In simplest terms, when Long McArthur says "all currently unscheduled retail orders will probably be scheduled for production by April" what does that mean? Someone with the status 'Order Confirmed' will get their next update around April of 'Scheduled for Production' or is there more info in-between they'll receive?

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've tried making sense of all the stickies and YouTube videos, but my brain can't wrap my head around it (I'm also terrible at math and business terminology).

In simplest terms, when Long McArthur says "all currently unscheduled retail orders will probably be scheduled for production by April" what does that mean? Someone with the status 'Order Confirmed' will get their next update around April of 'Scheduled for Production' or is there more info in-between they'll receive?
If you ordered 7/17/24 then 9 months ain't bad.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They do scheduling a month at a time (although next week they are planning on doing two months, January and February). Looking at how many orders are outstanding vs. how many orders are being fulfilled each month, they should be through the entire order book by April.

Your truck may be scheduled before that when they do the scheduling once a month.

badMotorist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Grand Marquis LS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do scheduling a month at a time (although next week they are planning on doing two months, January and February). Looking at how many orders are outstanding vs. how many orders are being fulfilled each month, they should be through the entire order book by April.

Your truck may be scheduled before that when they do the scheduling once a month.
Ahh ok. So in theory, assuming no major hiccups in supply chains, any order CURRENTLY in their system should be built by summer.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ahh ok. So in theory, assuming no major hiccups in supply chains, any order CURRENTLY in their system should be built by summer.
That's correct, yes. There's still constraints to be worked around but even something like the Hybrids or XL, which are over capacity for the year, should still be built since we haven't reached the entire yearly build capacity yet.

Keep in mind that Ford said they are prioritizing rollovers and want to get those all knocked out by February so if you get scheduled before that count yourself lucky.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's correct, yes. There's still constraints to be worked around but even something like the Hybrids or XL, which are over capacity for the year, should still be built since we haven't reached the entire yearly build capacity yet.

Keep in mind that Ford said they are prioritizing rollovers and want to get those all knocked out by February so if you get scheduled before that count yourself lucky.
Ford also said it would be first come first served 😂

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometime last year, I knew it was an absolute lie, the dealer network would erupt in outrage. Search the forums, people here actually believed it.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So it doesn't really apply in this case then.

sc226

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my 2024 Hybrid this evening. Ordered 7/17, Built on 11/1 (scheduled 10/30 week), and delivered today 11/20 to Nashville.
Sponsored