First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ridgeline rtl with nav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it's been fun kids, but a 24 Tacoma will definitely be my next truck. Is it as cheap as a Mav? No. Will I have to wait for over a year then be told I will need to reorder again? No. Good luck to all who will continue to wait, and I hope your luck is better than mine. I have enjoyed the forum despite how things have gone on my quest for a truck.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The pre-runner model is great. SImplicty and a truck you can do tasks with.
I realized it's my 2006 Ranger yardtruck...but with power windows and locks. And crusie control...which I really miss.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe you are correct regarding no AWD hybrid for '24. Surely, Ford would've promoted that Maverick by now.
I'm with you on the color changes. The area 51 & cactus grey are great looking colors, but now getting a bit overdone.
At this point last year we only had camo shots of the Tremors bumper. There is a that dual exhaust test mule out there. What if what we think is a ST Maverick is really a AWD hybrid with more power than either current engine thanks to electrification. They did laugh off the PHEV notion real quick, maybe thats because they are gonna blow our minds with power, style, and efficiency. Maybe.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it's been fun kids, but a 24 Tacoma will definitely be my next truck. Is it as cheap as a Mav? No. Will I have to wait for over a year then be told I will need to reorder again? No. Good luck to all who will continue to wait, and I hope your luck is better than mine. I have enjoyed the forum despite how things have gone on my quest for a truck.
I'm assuming you want the hybrid Tacoma since it's in your signature. That will probably be available Feb or March next year and only the TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, Limited and Trail Hunter will have the option along wtih dealer markups. Current TRD-Offroad is close to $40k expect a couple thousand dollar increase for 2024 plus upgrade to the hybrid option for another few thousand. So easily could be $10k more than the Maverick assuming your Mav won't come with ADM. With that timeline I'd keep the Mav you have on order and reorder a 2024 if you don't get scheduled since they are bringing on an extra shift to boost production. Hopefully your dealer would put you at the front of the line for 24 so you would get it at the beginning of the year. You will get a more capable truck for sure with the taco but it will cost you a lot more and the MPG is going to be underwhelming. Don't know if the grass will be greener. Good luck.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
good luck do you know which one you want?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Still no info about the Tacoma Hybrid's MPG? I'm guessing it's not gonna be impressive, otherwise Toyota would probably be bragging about it by now.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. I see posts from people claiming that the wait time for delivery of a new Taco is 18-24 months, or actually longer than the wait for a Mav.

Hope will get

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Baja
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have no use for a Toyota anything as they are garbage. After having to get rid of a Dodge Dakota with 240,000 miles and having to getting another vehicle in 2005 and deciding on a new Toyota Tundra, which turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. The Toyota was a piece of junk. I had it for 6 months of which most of that it was in the shop, and seeing a Subura Baja on the road, I traded the Tundra in for a Baja and loved it for over 17 years until I was able to take possession of my 2022 Maverick and then my Baja and Maverick got to say hello and goodbye. I would not take a Toyota even if it was free, and when offered one to rent ask for anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have no use for a Toyota anything as they are garbage. After having to get rid of a Dodge Dakota with 240,000 miles and having to getting another vehicle in 2005 and deciding on a new Toyota Tundra, which turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. The Toyota was a piece of junk. I had it for 6 months of which most of that it was in the shop, and seeing a Subura Baja on the road, I traded the Tundra in for a Baja and loved it for over 17 years until I was able to take possession of my 2022 Maverick and then my Baja and Maverick got to say hello and goodbye. I would not take a Toyota even if it was free, and when offered one to rent ask for anything else.
Hi Linda. As soon as I read "Baja" in your post, I thought, "I bet that's Linda with the Area 51 Lariat". Great talking to you and your mom the other day as we happened to run into each other in a restaurant lot. I'd say you love your Maverick as much as you hate that Tundra.
Let us know when you have given that Maverick a "Sport Mode" run!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point last year we only had camo shots of the Tremors bumper. There is a that dual exhaust test mule out there. What if what we think is a ST Maverick is really a AWD hybrid with more power than either current engine thanks to electrification. They did laugh off the PHEV notion real quick, maybe thats because they are gonna blow our minds with power, style, and efficiency. Maybe.
That would be awesome! I like being bamboozled like that.

Hope will get

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Baja
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep your right and it was great to talk with you also. Tried the sport mode already, and will have to continue to use it to see if it is for me. Am going to try to get to the rally Sunday in Simi Valley although 54 miles seems like a lot, what am I thinking less than 2 gallons of gas, but the time might be a factor.

Linda

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep your right and it was great to talk with you also. Tried the sport mode already, and will have to continue to use it to see if it is for me. Am going to try to get to the rally Sunday in Simi Valley although 54 miles seems like a lot, what am I thinking less than 2 gallons of gas, but the time might be a factor.

Linda
From me most tacomas have been too short in leg department .,. Cant really fit family 4 comfortably .
Sponsored