Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotsadem
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Limited Availability:
- W8A/W8B - XL Version SuperCrew® FWD / AWD

Exhausted Availability:
- 59D - Black Appearance Package (Opt on XLT and Lariat)
- 21K - Tonneau Pickup Box Cover – Hard Trifold
- 63B - Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (4-piece)
- T7R - 225/65R17 A/S BSW Tires (Available only on XL or XLT)

Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Clean-up Scheduling This Week (2/1/24) for Production Weeks 3/4 - 3/25 Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.29.24-1
Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Clean-up Scheduling This Week (2/1/24) for Production Weeks 3/4 - 3/25 Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.29.24-2
Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Clean-up Scheduling This Week (2/1/24) for Production Weeks 3/4 - 3/25 Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.29.24-3
Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Clean-up Scheduling This Week (2/1/24) for Production Weeks 3/4 - 3/25 Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.29.24-4
Ford Maverick 2024 Maverick Clean-up Scheduling This Week (2/1/24) for Production Weeks 3/4 - 3/25 Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.29.24-5
Sponsored

jbrown9889

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota prius
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is sims order going be only on xlt and lariat but not on xl

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is correct, they already have too many XL orders so the dealers will start getting XLT and Lariat stock for their lots.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. The SIMS orders are made to fill out the production gaps. Right now, they likely have enough XLs to last the year.

Interestingly, I think this is the first time they actually did SIMS orders in the three model years the Maverick has been around. Other than XL hybrid, this bodes well for new orders.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. The SIMS orders are made to fill out the production gaps. Right now, they likely have enough XLs to last the year.

Interestingly, I think this is the first time they actually did SIMS orders in the three model years the Maverick has been around. Other than XL hybrid, this bodes well for new orders.
What are SIMS Orders?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are SIMS Orders?
Nutshell: Ford generated orders in Dealers' behalf.

All vehicles are orders. Retail orders are what we care about, but most of the time they are just stock orders. For example, if Ford has the parts to do a run of Tremors and no retail or stock orders in the order banks to use up the parts, Ford will generate Tremor SIMS order for dealers on their behalf based on allocations and sales (as Tremor is likely to be more popular at rural dealerships than urban ones).

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What are SIMS Orders?
Stock Inventory Management System, I believe. Like commadorebob said, ford is telling the dealers what they can build and therefore what to order if they want to get stock for their lots.

Jdgarrett1970

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy sonic, soon 2024 maverick truck xlt ec
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nutshell: Ford generated orders in Dealers' behalf.

All vehicles are orders. Retail orders are what we care about, but most of the time they are just stock orders. For example, if Ford has the parts to do a run of Tremors and no retail or stock orders in the order banks to use up the parts, Ford will generate Tremor SIMS order for dealers on their behalf based on allocations and sales (as Tremor is likely to be more popular at rural dealerships than urban ones).
Would that also be for customers of ford dealership also?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would that also be for customers of ford dealership also?
Retail orders are orders Ford already knows about. So, there is little reason to recreate those. SIMS orders are literally giving buildable trucks to dealerships who have allocations. It is helpful for dealerships who can move the inventory but might not know the exact truck to order to get one.

Jdgarrett1970

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy sonic, soon 2024 maverick truck xlt ec
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Appreciate it commodorebob, I Placed my order in back in September and my purchase order number became 0907. But I've been getting the 45 day letter saying that I am on hold but in a holding position, but that is a something that I have read so far from everyone else. Even my dealership has no ideas as to when I'll be getting my trucklet.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is correct, they already have too many XL orders so the dealers will start getting XLT and Lariat stock for their lots.

Ok, that explains ALL of the XLTs and Lariats, that are showing up at local dealers..
(here in Metro MKE).

Jerry
Sponsored