Sponsored

2024 Chevrolet Montana?

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
GM just renewed the Avalanche trademark. I believe they will be downsizing it and and basing it on the Blazer platform. A much better segment comparison.
If the new Avalanche is like the old one but downsized and modernized, I know what I'll be trading my Maverick in on.
Sponsored

jeffinVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
I would consider this for no other reason then it's a "Regular Cab". Why does every truck manufacturer think everyone wants to stick 4 people in every dam truck?

I'll take a Maverick Regular Cab with an extra foot in the bed over this "Quad" cab any day. What the hell Ford?

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would consider this for no other reason then it's a "Regular Cab". Why does every truck manufacturer think everyone wants to stick 4 people in every dam truck?

I'll take a Maverick Regular Cab with an extra foot in the bed over this "Quad" cab any day. What the hell Ford?
probably because nobody buys single cab trucks anymore. If you want a single cab with an extra foot of bed space, that's what made the Avalanche perfect. you could fold down the back seat and get an extra two feet of bed space and have a single cab truck. You could fold the seat up when you needed the extra seating capacity.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It’s cost effective to build one configuration vs multiple cab configurations.

The new Ford Lightning is only available in a Supercrew version as well.

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's basically the Chevy SSR. This likely isn't going to be what makes it to the US market.

Ford Maverick 2024 Chevrolet Montana? 1641394695931

jeffinVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
It’s cost effective to build one configuration vs multiple cab configurations.

The new Ford Lightning is only available in a Supercrew version as well.
I get all that but I also remember a time when all you could buy was a Regular Cab truck. Probably 95% of the time people are only using the front seats. The Maverick in a regular cab would be perfect for businesses that don't require a full size truck, delivery drivers and people like myself that never use a back seat and would much prefer a longer bed. But I'm also sure that if Chevy does come out with this truck they'll make it a quad cab as well.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get all that but I also remember a time when all you could buy was a Regular Cab truck. Probably 95% of the time people are only using the front seats. The Maverick in a regular cab would be perfect for businesses that don't require a full size truck, delivery drivers and people like myself that never use a back seat and would much prefer a longer bed. But I'm also sure that if Chevy does come out with this truck they'll make it a quad cab as well.
I agree. Its like wanting a certain feature or option but in order to get it your forced into a different trim or it’s bunched up with a group of other options I have no interest in.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
Sorry to interrupt your circle jerk/rant y'all...but this is not the 2024 Montana. It's the previous model which is 10 years old. This is the 2024 Montana:

Ford Maverick 2024 Chevrolet Montana? 2024-chevy-montana-blatantly-mixes-maverick-cues-with-blazer-and-silverado-dna-170036_1

Sponsored

BubbaBigSexy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick A51 FE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The only thing that it has going for it, is the fog lights and the little side step. Other than that...bleh:unsure:

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like a Maverick with a chevy colorado front to me.
That's because it's a clear photoshop of a Maverick.

Like specifically this Maverick.
Ford Maverick 2024 Chevrolet Montana? D3FE1353-47D7-41DD-A454-E5123826BF1D

(Couldn't find the exact source photo, but figured the same truck from the same press event would do)
Sponsored