First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw the Ford Video guy talk about the 2023 F150 Xl having cruise control standard. Made me wonder if that would go to the maverick too in 2023. This would makes so much more sense since every car I owned even a 1992 Pontiac had cruise.
Sponsored

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still of the belief that not including cruise on the XL was not to make it as cheap as possible, but simply to drive people to the higher trim and therefore more money for Ford.

Adding cruise to the XL costs the consumer around $100.

Using mass produced parts that are shared across a few product lines, it probably costs Ford pennies to have cruise on the Maverick.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I expect the above posters are completely correct. The only thing that is keeping me from changing my Granger order to an XL when the 2023 roll over happens is the lack of cruise control. If they make it standard (or even available) for 2023 I'll be switching to the XL.

Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could you get cruise as an option on the 22 F150 XL?

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you get cruise as an option on the 22 F150 XL?
Cruise wasn’t standard but was in option in 2022. But now for 2023 F150 it is standard. Would be nice if they do it on all models.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I expect the above posters are completely correct. The only thing that is keeping me from changing my Granger order to an XL when the 2023 roll over happens is the lack of cruise control. If they make it standard (or even available) for 2023 I'll be switching to the XL.
FWIW, the only thing lacking parts-wise is the switch assembly on the steering wheel. Everything else is built into the engine and controls. After market CC is available for less than $200 and installs in less than 1/2 hour. YT video demonstrates all the particulars.
I bought an XLT because I wanted CC. Had I known of the ease if adding it to any model, I would have ordered an XL.
"If I can do it, you can do it."
tom

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW, the only thing lacking parts-wise is the switch assembly on the steering wheel. Everything else is built into the engine and controls. After market CC is available for less than $200 and installs in less than 1/2 hour. YT video demonstrates all the particulars.
I bought an XLT because I wanted CC. Had I known of the ease if adding it to any model, I would have ordered an XL.
"If I can do it, you can do it."
tom
I've looked into doing it. I still might decide to go that route. However, I'm going to have to drive my Granger Maverick about 1200 miles home and I really don't want to do that without cruise control if I can help it. Even if I do decide to add cruise to an XL it won't happen until I get home, so I'm doing that drive without it.

There are some other things I like about the XLT, the cruise is just something I require. I'll probably end up going XLT with 4k tow and FX4 for my Granger order and will therefore hopefully avoid constraints.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What goes into any trim is arcane marketing magic. With 1,000 spreadsheets and marketing interns and new hires agonizing over every line of the spreadsheets to optimize OEM profit. So guessing what will be in the 2023 trims might be fun, but it's also a fool's errand. Anything anyone who's not a Ford insider offers up as an answer is just guessing.

Everyone is always saying "it's only $100, or $10, or $1, or a few cents". Well here's an education. OEMs obsess over saving a fraction of a penny. You save 6 cents by removing a plastic clip on the F150, you multiply that by almost a million units each year. Watching Munro Live is a real education in how and why automakers obsess over details and cost cutting.

Since we're guessing, It's my observation that most OEMs use cruise as a weapon to move you up to the next trim. Those starting trims are for fleets and to get customers in the door and upsell them. Marketing is all about upsell.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same for aftermarket heated seats. I had those done for my niece. If you just want one item in a $3,000 package, and you don't mind the time and effort and (possible) warranty exposure, aftermarket is great. For the seats, we dropped the car at a shop and it was done later that day and it looks OEM and works great. Her car was 5 years out of warranty, so we didn't care.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still of the belief that not including cruise on the XL was not to make it as cheap as possible, but simply to drive people to the higher trim and therefore more money for Ford.

Adding cruise to the XL costs the consumer around $100.

Using mass produced parts that are shared across a few product lines, it probably costs Ford pennies to have cruise on the Maverick.
I agree totally. I wasn't adaptive e cruise. Need to buy the lariat Lux trim which they can't make.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of the day cruise wasn't standard because the bare-bones XL is on face a fleet vehicle. It is the same across all models for Ford trucks - if you want an XL, expect fleet-level amenities.

That they added it to the F-150 XL is likely an acknowledgement that the F-150 is a bad fleet vehicle to begin with, and the Ranger and Maverick fit that mold (and sales probably reflect this as well).

To the 1992 pontiac having cruise - sure, cruise has been an option on vehicles for 40 years. I promise it was not available on any base level vehicle, generally speaking, until much more recently (say the last decade).

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've looked into doing it. I still might decide to go that route. However, I'm going to have to drive my Granger Maverick about 1200 miles home and I really don't want to do that without cruise control if I can help it. Even if I do decide to add cruise to an XL it won't happen until I get home, so I'm doing that drive without it.

There are some other things I like about the XLT, the cruise is just something I require. I'll probably end up going XLT with 4k tow and FX4 for my Granger order and will therefore hopefully avoid constraints.
Just noted this vid on YT:

He also does dual 'catch can' installation video.
tom
Sponsored