Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Who would have thunk a Maverick built over the night on the 5th into the 6th of November 2022 would have not been in any of the recalls thus far.
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm that my 4k equipped Lariat built the week after that timeframe does not have this problem (verified with a trailer wiring tester plugged into the 4 pin plug, haven't hooked it up to an actual trailer yet).
Mine too, but it was built and delivered in mid-January, before the notice in March. Still no word on this fix yet. The bulletin says by the second quarter of 2023, and we are in the final month of quarter #2 now ;)

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The local dealer called and confirmed they have the needed part(s) in now. )I had called a couple of weeks ago.) I'm scheduled to get mine fixed on Monday. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 23 Lariat with the 4k tow package and is in the recall group. I took it to the dealer when I first got it in January because I went to hookup a trailer and did not have running lights. The notice came out on the recall and when the letter that circulated in this thread that the fix was in and take it to the dealer. I went and they ordered the parts that were listed and scheduled a date for fixing it. I took it in and they went to fix according to the notice and the Lariat takes extra supplies and that was not included in the materials sent by Ford. They had to purchase locally and finally had the repair made. Because they did not fix it when I brought it in, they gave me a rental car. It is fixed, but has been extra messing with the fix. Mine was the first to be repaired by this dealership.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 23 Lariat with the 4k tow package and is in the recall group. I took it to the dealer when I first got it in January because I went to hookup a trailer and did not have running lights. The notice came out on the recall and when the letter that circulated in this thread that the fix was in and take it to the dealer. I went and they ordered the parts that were listed and scheduled a date for fixing it. I took it in and they went to fix according to the notice and the Lariat takes extra supplies and that was not included in the materials sent by Ford. They had to purchase locally and finally had the repair made. Because they did not fix it when I brought it in, they gave me a rental car. It is fixed, but has been extra messing with the fix. Mine was the first to be repaired by this dealership.
What does "extra messing with the fix" mean? You have other problems now?

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does "extra messing with the fix" mean? You have other problems now?
No, everything is OK. The fix was only a couple of hours that turned into a day and half. It was all the extra time that I was not planning on.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, everything is OK. The fix was only a couple of hours that turned into a day and half. It was all the extra time that I was not planning on.
Heck, mine was at the dealer for 2 weeks (pre-recall), while they were determining how to address the problem,,,,,

HRG

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was tested when I had the main window switch replaced and it checked out ok so there were no repairs needed.

RSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi,

I have a 23 Lariat with the 4k tow. Took it in a 7:30 am, at 3 pm I called they they told me they were missing a wire, it would be another hour. I thought that was strange as they told me they had 4 sets of wires. Hour and have later they called me and told me they were renting me a truck, I was the 1st recall they had tried to fix and needed more time. It is now fixed, I have tested both 7pin and 4 pin.

Sponsored

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi,

I have a 23 Lariat with the 4k tow. Took it in a 7:30 am, at 3 pm I called they they told me they were missing a wire, it would be another hour. I thought that was strange as they told me they had 4 sets of wires. Hour and have later they called me and told me they were renting me a truck, I was the 1st recall they had tried to fix and needed more time. It is now fixed, I have tested both 7pin and 4 pin.
Shocking. On the exact same day--different dealer and even different state I assume (northern UT)--I took my Lariat in for the recall this morning. I hadn't heard anything by 3:00, so I called. The service guy ho-hummed and goveled a bit saying they thought they had all the parts they needed, but they didn't have the correct guage wire or some blather. They were hoping to get it in by 3:30, but when the service guy checked with the mechanic, he said I should pick up my truck and bring it back on Thursday (next opening after the part will supposedly be there). Not happy. I should have quizzed them before taking the truck in because--thanks to this forum--I knew the Lariat was different and they apparently didn't!

I'll post an update when (if?) it finally gets fixed properly.

Moral to the story: don't assume the dealer knows what they need to fix this recall, especially with the Lariat. Tell them to check to make sure they have ALL the parts needed before taking it in, especially if you have a Lariat.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shocking. On the exact same day--different dealer and even different state I assume (northern UT)--I took my Lariat in for the recall this morning. I hadn't heard anything by 3:00, so I called. The service guy ho-hummed and goveled a bit saying they thought they had all the parts they needed, but they didn't have the correct guage wire or some blather. They were hoping to get it in by 3:30, but when the service guy checked with the mechanic, he said I should pick up my truck and bring it back on Thursday (next opening after the part will supposedly be there). Not happy. I should have quizzed them before taking the truck in because--thanks to this forum--I knew the Lariat was different and they apparently didn't!

I'll post an update when (if?) it finally gets fixed properly.

Moral to the story: don't assume the dealer knows what they need to fix this recall, especially with the Lariat. Tell them to check to make sure they have ALL the parts needed before taking it in, especially if you have a Lariat.
Wow, that's crazy. The very beginning of the instructions gives all the things needed. The 22 gauge wire and a few other items are noted to "obtain locally". They can grab that at the local hardware store.

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) partslist

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that's crazy. The very beginning of the instructions gives all the things needed. The 22 gauge wire and a few other items are noted to "obtain locally". They can grab that at the local hardware store.

partslist.jpg
At the Ford dealership that I worked at we kept wire and convoluted tubing in stock. If we ran out a phone call to the parts store would have it delivered in less than a hour.

Those connectors are the only thing that needs to be ordered in advance. And you get enough to do five recalls.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally my dealer got the parts in! Took them three weeks. I ended up having to call them, even though they said they'd call me once they received the parts.

Mobile service is scheduled for the June 23rd. I'll post an update once it's done.

Really disappointed in my dealer.

mitemanx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Against the law for the dealer to sell a vehicle with a recall.
Tell me about it!!! I bought new maverick with 4K towing package. The sale & paperwork was dated March 9th. Trouble is I did not visit the Ford dealer 530 miles away until March 13th where I bought truck. It seems the recall started on March 10th. Just a coincidence?
Sponsored