First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a ‘23 XLT Lux hybrid that was built on Jan 9, 2023. I just checked the 4 pin connector on my truck with a multimeter, and everything seems to be working correctly. I’ve only had it a little over a week so I’ve never hooked it up to a trailer.

I’m really curious about which specific trucks this will affect. Have any other ‘23 hybrid owners been able to test their trucks?

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be EXTREMELY PISSED if I cannot pick up my truck this weekend. It had been sitting in Tampa for almost a month and just yesterday it made it to Orlando. I already sold my vehicle and got financing in order. I have no problem bringing it in later but I will raise some hell with Ford if I can't take it home until then.
Against the law for the dealer to sell a vehicle with a recall.

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 built in November has a trailer wiring problem. Not sure if it is the same thing. When I plug in my utility trailer it shows " Left Trailer Light Fault" and the left trailer light does not work. At first I thought it was a problem with my trailer wiring but I hooked up my boat trailer the other day and it shows the same warning. My trailer lights work on my neighbors vehicle. Just a plain XL ecoboost.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a ‘23 XLT Lux hybrid that was built on Jan 9, 2023. I just checked the 4 pin connector on my truck with a multimeter, and everything seems to be working correctly. I’ve only had it a little over a week so I’ve never hooked it up to a trailer.

I’m really curious about which specific trucks this will affect. Have any other ‘23 hybrid owners been able to test their trucks?
Go to Ford.com and see if your VIN # is included. We may be getting this narrowed down to a 4K-only problem,,,

HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) ford.com recall.JPG

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

:giggle: My tremor was built on February 26 and it doesn't have a brake controller. That means I dodged a bullet here.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Go to Ford.com and see if your VIN # is included. We may be getting this narrowed down to a 4K-only problem,,,

HRG

ford.com recall.JPG
Just checked with the VIN on our XLT hitch receiver only, no 4K package:

"We are not able to retrieve recall information for the VIN you have entered."

So ... that's not proof that it's just 4Ks ... But an indicator.

We will still check this out as soon as we can. It's just supposed to be the regular taillights, right? Not the brake lights or turn signals on the trailer?

Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:giggle: My tremor was built on February 26 and it doesn't have a brake controller. I hope that means I dodged a bullet here.
You're already outside the production window of 11/23/2022 to 2/10/2023. Don't think you have a problem regardless.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interestingly, I have the issue that I didn't know was a true issue before this. I am road tripping with a bed cross bar rack. The cooler and box are blocking my third brake light. I bought some wireless magnetic towing lights that plug into the 7 pin connector for the transmitter.

The lights work great. Noticed they don't come on with tail lights, just the brake and turn. I was assuming it was some setting in the light I had to figure out. But since I was just using them for extra brake lights wasn't worried about it. Good thing I didn't rent that travel trailer I was thinking about.

Wonder how long until this is ready to be fixed... Should be easy fix. I'll probably set mine up with the first oil change in a few months.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checked with the VIN on our XLT hitch receiver only, no 4K package:

"We are not able to retrieve recall information for the VIN you have entered."

So ... that's not proof that it's just 4Ks ... But an indicator.

We will still check this out as soon as we can. It's just supposed to be the regular taillights, right? Not the brake lights or turn signals on the trailer?
I get the same message on the FORD recall site. My Mav doesn't have the 4K package. And it's not on the NHTSA recall site yet.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last edited: