First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Possibly, does the 4K package come with integrated brake Controller ?
In my case, this was not a problem with the brake controller. As the notice indicates, and I experienced, the problem was with the trailer tailight (running light) circuit. The brake lights and turns signals worked fine.

It will be interesting to see if this is just a 4K problem, or even those with 4-pin flat wiring experience the no-tailights problem.

HRG

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford knows towing and trucks, don't worry.

Mine is in that build date range so I can say this. :)

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's really disappointing. Time for an increase in periodic inspections and additional quality assurance improvements in the HMO plant.

While the 2022 has had 6 recalls so far, this is the 1st recall for a 2023, no?

Hasn't quite approached the 18 recalls that plagued the 2013 Ford Escape (first year of the 3rd generation... nightmare launch!).

Last edited:

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will be EXTREMELY PISSED if I cannot pick up my truck this weekend. It had been sitting in Tampa for almost a month and just yesterday it made it to Orlando. I already sold my vehicle and got financing in order. I have no problem bringing it in later but I will raise some hell with Ford if I can't take it home until then.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our XLT built 12/1/2022 with hitch receiver (our ONLY option), probably will be subject to this ... unless it proves to be just for the 4K tow package Mavericks.

Boy, I feel sorry for people like @LtCasual who may be denied their trucks until dealer can get the parts ... which seems like it won't be any time soon.

We haven't towed with our Mav yet, having only 800+ miles on it, and having read advice in manual to not tow until you have 1,000 miles on the truck.

We'll have to try hooking up one of our little trailers now, to see if we have taillights ... or not.

(One of the main reasons we got a Mav was to have a reliable tow vehicle for our utility and small cargo trailers. We towed them with a Subaru Forester, and the wiring to the trailer had stopped working.)

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will be EXTREMELY PISSED if I cannot pick up my truck this weekend. It had been sitting in Tampa for almost a month and just yesterday it made it to Orlando. I already sold my vehicle and got financing in order. I have no problem bringing it in later but I will raise some hell with Ford if I can't take it home until then.
Wow, yes, that would really suck big time. Especially since the truck can certainly be driven safely without towing something.

Maybe what they should let dealers do is install locks in the hitch receivers for affected new owners, and keep the key ...

Last edited:

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our XLT built 12/1/2022 with hitch receiver (our ONLY option), probably will be subject to this ... unless it proves to be just for the 4K tow package Mavericks.

Boy, I feel sorry for people like @LtCasual who may be denied their trucks until dealer can get the parts ... which seems like it won't be any time soon.

We haven't towed with our Mav yet, having only 800+ miles on it, and having read advice in manual to not tow until you have 1,000 miles on the truck.

We'll have to try hooking up one of our little trailers now, to see if we have taillights ... or not.

(One of the main reasons we got a Mav was to have a reliable tow vehicle for our utility and small cargo trailers. We towed them with a Subaru Forester, and the wiring to the trailer had stopped working.)
Let us know if you test yours with a trailer.
Sponsored