2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, of course.

Ford SHOULD have better prioritized roll-over orders by separating order dates.

I'd bet there will be folks out there with new orders that get their Maverick before some folks that are roll-over orders.
And folks that did not know that they had to re-order so are sol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

According the guy who finally took my order, people waiting for their Mavericks get priority for any dealer stock. Not sure how that works. If anybody knows more please post.
I had to move heaven and earth just to get the sales guy to admit order banks were open… told me he’d get back to me Monday. I wouldn’t stop texting, so he finally set up an appt. No email from Ford yet though.
Retail Order priorities are from 10-19. Dealer stock priority starts at 20 so that's probably what the dealer means. Technically retails should have priority over a stock but if it's barebones they will probably choose the stock.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow model year 23 sold out less then a week 😳
And at the same time saved money by not contacting 22my holders who will not be able to re-order and not clam the private offer!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think I'm SOL on my 23 order as the dealers closed on the weekends and I can't get to the dealer during business hours. Bummer.
Never give up. Can you have a friend or relative call Monday morning and schedule a call in with you during lunch break or similar. Have your friend tell them what you want to order. Scan your driver's license on your phone and text it to them. Make sure at least you get the engine and trim level you want and then you can change things like a lux package or paint on your next day off.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think I'm SOL on my 23 order as the dealers closed on the weekends and I can't get to the dealer during business hours. Bummer.
I do my orders through the internet sales dept. No going in needed if that is an option for you. We bought another car this year and only went in to pick it up, everything else was phone and online.

Sponsored

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Placed my 23 order this morning over the phone to dealership. Hybrid Lariat, lux pkg, both 360 options. Know it will be a long wait. Got two emails from Ford that my order was received. So emails are coming through very quickly if sent properly by dealerships.

jesusdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I would hope that anyone who has been waiting for a 22 and go rolled into a 23 is ahead of any new orders. If Ford cannot manage to accomplish that, then they need an immediate rethink of their ordering process.
Hope? If? Sorry to break it to you, but that situation is the current situation.

jesusdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Retail Order priorities are from 10-19. Dealer stock priority starts at 20 so that's probably what the dealer means. Technically retails should have priority over a stock but if it's barebones they will probably choose the stock.
Keep in mind, those priorities are only for within a specific dealership. A 10 has higher priority than a 20 AT THE SAME DEALER. A 10 at dealer xyz has zero priority over a 20 at a different dealer.

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I'm glad I got my order in Friday morning. That line about surprisingly high demand seems really shortsighted, as if the 22 model wasn't the hottest new car of the year that they literally couldn't build too many of. The hybrid allotment is a little worrying given its very clear popularity, and obviously they know it too considering the 2L is now a zero cost option. I'd like to be optimistic like some have said that they are tempering demand so as not to get behind and keep order-holders satisfied.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that are subscribers of Tim Bartz's YouTube channel, he has a video for members where he is inputting several orders. His screen shows about a dozen. Every single one of them was a hybrid. I think Ford is overestimating demand for the Eco.
I think the 35 percent number is Ford's limitation as to how many of the Hybrids it has the expected resources to build. Taking a SWAG that they'll field 90K orders and will shut ordering down, they'll likely shut down hybrid orders at 32K and every other order will have to be the ECO.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And folks that did not know that they had to re-order so are sol.
There are also untold numbers of people waiting for their 2022 Maverick to arrive but will never get it because their salesman didn’t enter it correctly. By the time they know that, it may be too late to order a 2023. That really stinks. Ford needs to make the computer process easier for dealer staff.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that are subscribers of Tim Bartz's YouTube channel, he has a video for members where he is inputting several orders. His screen shows about a dozen. Every single one of them was a hybrid. I think Ford is overestimating demand for the Eco.
Ford says they are trying to move to an "electric future" but if demand is there, why not accelerate the process and build more hybrids and total EVs? I'm guessing the profit margin is greater for them with the ICE vehicles.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What State are you in? NJ is open on Saturdays and NY is open Sundays too.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford says they are trying to move to an "electric future" but if demand is there, why not accelerate the process and build more hybrids and total EVs? I'm guessing the profit margin is greater for them with the ICE vehicles.
Can't build what they don't have chips/parts for.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford can reopen the order bank if things go well and they are caught up with production. They deal with another PR nightmare if they take too many and have to roll a bunch over. I think it's a smart move. Sorry for the ones who don't get one in.
Yes, they can, and most likely after a midrun price increase.
Sponsored