First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you imagine how many Mavericks we'd be seeing on the road if there were no constraints and Ford could build them as fast as the factory could crank 'em out?!! Anyone know how many VW bugs Volkwagen was producing in the heydays of their run? Back then it seemed every other car on the road was a Beetle. The Maverick is the right vehicle, at the right price, at the right time. Too bad Ford can't handle the demand. (I do have to wonder why the 65% Ecoboost / 35% Hybrid production plan. It would seem to me the hybrid would be in far greater demand than the ICE version)
Sponsored

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you imagine how many Mavericks we'd be seeing on the road if there were no constraints and Ford could build them as fast as the factory could crank 'em out?!! Anyone know how many VW bugs Volkwagen was producing in the heydays of their run? Back then it seemed every other car on the road was a Beetle. The Maverick is the right vehicle, at the right price, at the right time. Too bad Ford can't handle the demand. (I do have to wonder why the 65% Ecoboost / 35% Hybrid production plan. It would seem to me the hybrid would be in far greater demand than the ICE version)
Materials. Would you allocate more resources to vehicles you can't get all the way to consumers?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford could get a PHEV version to market so we could benefit from the tax rebates (even if they charged 15k more for it) they would be running things.

That being said, I think material constraints are here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They can make power stations for charging but unless they can get through government red tape and approval they can't build plants that manufacture electric energy for every person that utilizes electricity..
They will when the grid crashes and the gov asks them too, just like during the war. Hell they will probably hand em the deed to the TVA for a redesign. Makes good sense they picked appalacia.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Think I'm SOL on my 23 order as the dealers closed on the weekends and I can't get to the dealer during business hours. Bummer.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would also allow them to have a mid year price increase and any new orders would be at the new higher price.

One complication is that a prior post I saw mentioned that they may start making the 2024 model year by early summer so they can get back to the schedule where new models hit the market in late summer. They may only be making the 2023s for seven or eight months.
It's a possibility. However, that previous schedule was based on flooding dealer's lots with the new stock vehicles they could actually start selling immediately. Things have been turned upside down with the retail special order process we are all suffering through. It's anyone's guess how this all shakes out going forward.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
DEALER NOTICE:

2023-Maverick-Order-Banks-Closing.jpg
If I lose my rollover because of Ford's management and dealer's incompetence I do hope there is a lawsuit for rollover customers they failed to directly contact to handle first. Damn shame.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone mentioned fleet orders? I bet that is also playing into this. I am sure there is an entire other massive pent up demand segment from large fleet orderers.

Small businesses, large companies, rental car agencies, cities, states....that were ALL probably told since January 2022 that "we will put in that order of 50, 100, 250+ base XL for you ASAP when the banks open". With the budget cycle cutoffs and other bureaucratic limitations on spending (tax deductions for business expenses, having something be in fiscal year 2021 versus 2022 versus 2023, etc...), I am sure a lot of those organizations are pissed that they were delayed so much and aren't even able to have a solid delivery range commitment for 23. They need their vehicles to do business.
Fleet orders are lower priority than customers. My friend manages a motorpool for a State agency and he can't get any vehicles.

Sun Devil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
(I do have to wonder why the 65% Ecoboost / 35% Hybrid production plan. It would seem to me the hybrid would be in far greater demand than the ICE version)
For those that are subscribers of Tim Bartz's YouTube channel, he has a video for members where he is inputting several orders. His screen shows about a dozen. Every single one of them was a hybrid. I think Ford is overestimating demand for the Eco.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeez, it's like the 2023 order banks was mostly just to play catchup for the 2022 orderers who got rolled over to 2023. I wonder how many orders have already been placed?
It is all a scam by Ford...they do not want rollovers, that will effect their profits. A post to see how many of the rollover reorders that are not going through right now will be telling.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those that are subscribers of Tim Bartz's YouTube channel, he has a video for members where he is inputting several orders. His screen shows about a dozen. Every single one of them was a hybrid. I think Ford is overestimating demand for the Eco.
It's got nothing to do with demand. It's about supply chains and what they are going to actually be able to build.

Sun Devil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think I'm SOL on my 23 order as the dealers closed on the weekends and I can't get to the dealer during business hours. Bummer.
Several dealers, including Long McArthur, allow you to order without going into the dealer. Everything is done via email. You may want to consider that option.

I don't know how dealers can stay in business if they aren't open on the weekends when people have time to actually shop for a car. Good luck.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

News said no one spent much money during the pandemic crisis and people's cash on hand is at nearly an all time high; at a time there are supply shortages. Perfect storm. Explains what we are seeing.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am sure Ford is just trying to minimize how many customers they commit to. Better to not be able to fulfill a dealer order than a retail customer order if the supply issues get worse.
This is their unfair process then. The devoted customer that ordered 22my was disrespected by not notifying them to order and not leaving the order window open only first to them.. Damn shame!

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've posted this elsewhere but I'll say it again here. My local Florida dealer is not putting in any new orders at this time. They are ONLY taking care of 22 customers who did not get a VIN. They told me this yesterday that Ford instructed them not to take new 23 orders until further notice, the initial 23 orders going in were only to be for existing customers not new. I reached out to Tim Bartz and he has not replied on the subject, I suspect 99% of dealers are overlooking what Ford instructed and instead have maxed out the system with NEW 23 orders and 22 carryovers placed as new 23 orders. I know Granger opted to do this same thing, though they made it sound like it was their decision to not take new orders. Yet my local Florida dealer has said it was Fords. I don't know what to make of it. I'm having a hard time finding anyone around here that will input an order and sign a price at that same time. Guess I might be keeping my 22, which isn't exactly a bad thing. This whole mess could have been avoided if Ford simply rolled over the existing 22 orders and gave a couple of weeks for just those orders to convert and schedule before opening the flood gates. You poor 22 "rollovers" do not and will not have a lick of priority over these brand new 23 orders that are going in simultaneously. You can let your dealer tell you you're at Priority 10 but nothing is preventing brand new orders to get put right in at 10 as well by shady dealers, so there goes your "priority."
I think the situation will blow up in Ford's face not allowing 22-23my orders first...sure there are thousands that do not even know that they must re-order.
Sponsored