First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't go that far. I'll wait to see how this all plays out before I would believe they have their ducks all in a row.
One of these days I will post about Ford in my back yard , The perfect Sand for making windshields , the biggest titanium mine in all of the United States and the new blue oval City in West TN. That will make the Batteries for the electric vehicles. Ford looks into the future way into the future this has taken place over 40 years ago .🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think this is happening much. I’ve been talking to several dealers over the summer, been put on “wait lists” and still only found one dealer that was able to get my order in. Completely ghosted by the others.
That is possibly true, but I saw a few posts here on the forum from people saying they planned to order at least two just to increase their chances. Here's one who ordered three...

(4) At What Point Should I Call the General Manager or Someone? | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

I've only been waiting since January, but the thought definitely crossed my mind about placing a second order...and if I had, I probably wouldn't have posted about it here.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer just called that my Maverick was ordered this morning!!! I have an order number. He also stated that COVP is still in effect.

OOOOOh, happer freakin' day!!! :LOL: By the sounds of this thread I just got in under the wire. LOL.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because of the limited supply and because the first option should be to take care of those customers that waited a year to get their original vehicle and didn't. The Ford approach doesn't address those issue by allowing new orders and priorities and doesn''t guarantee old orders converted to new orders being filled before any new orders are taken.

I mean, of course.

Ford SHOULD have better prioritized roll-over orders by separating order dates.

I'd bet there will be folks out there with new orders that get their Maverick before some folks that are roll-over orders.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of these days I will post about Ford in my back yard , The perfect Sand for making windshields , the biggest titanium mine in all of the United States and the new blue oval City in West TN. That will make the Batteries for the electric vehicles. Ford looks into the future way into the future this has taken place over 40 years ago .🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Electric vehicles will not be able to be supported with the electric power available in this country and California is a great example...they already are forcing resident of that state to charge in limited hours and brown outs occur regularly...the future is totally dependent on what is going to be done to increase electric power availability in this country. Unless Ford has inside information regarding how the Federal Government is going to come up with a protect electric energy...they are rolling the dice....

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, of course.

I'd bet there will be folks out there with new orders that get their Maverick before some folks that are roll-over orders.
I would hope that anyone who has been waiting for a 22 and go rolled into a 23 is ahead of any new orders. If Ford cannot manage to accomplish that, then they need an immediate rethink of their ordering process.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow. Less than a week and done for 2023. Never realized how lucky we were - my 2022 fully loaded XLT FX4 4K AWD Eco LUX Moonroof truck would appear to be bit of a rarity given the constraints. Good luck to all ordering - may you get what you want and quickly.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Electric vehicles will not be able to be supported with the electric power available in this country and California is a great example...they already are forcing resident of that state to charge in limited hours and brown outs occur regularly...the future is totally dependent on what is going to be done to increase electric power availability in this country. Unless Ford has inside information regarding how the Federal Government is going to come up with a protect electric energy...they are rolling the dice....
Ford can make power plants too if they want to expand. Why not?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone mentioned fleet orders? I bet that is also playing into this. I am sure there is an entire other massive pent up demand segment from large fleet orderers.

Small businesses, large companies, rental car agencies, cities, states....that were ALL probably told since January 2022 that "we will put in that order of 50, 100, 250+ base XL for you ASAP when the banks open". With the budget cycle cutoffs and other bureaucratic limitations on spending (tax deductions for business expenses, having something be in fiscal year 2021 versus 2022 versus 2023, etc...), I am sure a lot of those organizations are pissed that they were delayed so much and aren't even able to have a solid delivery range commitment for 23. They need their vehicles to do business.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, of course.

Honestly, if those same people keep going for the constrained items... why shouldn't Ford just insert orders with non- constrained items in between?

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many orders they got yesterday?
Good question. I'd be willing to bet that it will be the hybrid orders that will be cut off first. If Ford is planning on only making 35% of all Mavs a hybrid that is not a whole lot. I'm surprised it is not full already to be honest.

JimiVegas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door sasquatch Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my order in according to my dealer but no email yet. Im probably going to go there today and get some paperwork signed.
heres my build: XLT hybrid, cactus gray black package, 360, moonroof, sliding rear window, 110 v/400w power outlet, and floor liners. Lol man mine will never be built.

I think im going to order an xlt ecoboost awd with no options in atlas blue. Maybe add the black package? Not too sure. I’ll purchase whichever comes first. If the 2nd build does come first then ill drive it for a while. Trade up maybe when the hybrid comes in. First world problems…. I cant wait over a year. 😵

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I don't think so. Not "sold out" I posted about this before. It will be temporary and order banks will re-open at a later unknown date. They did this with Lightning and other high demand MY22 vehicles already.

That would also allow them to have a mid year price increase and any new orders would be at the new higher price.

One complication is that a prior post I saw mentioned that they may start making the 2024 model year by early summer so they can get back to the schedule where new models hit the market in late summer. They may only be making the 2023s for seven or eight months.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Good question. I'd be willing to bet that it will be the hybrid orders that will be cut off first. If Ford is planning on only making 35% of all Mavs a hybrid that is not a whole lot. I'm surprised it is not full already to be honest.
35% might not be as bad as it sounds. The reason is that things like the AWD, tow package, an tremor require the ECO.

That could leave something like a third ECO because of requirements.

A third ECO by choice

A third Hybrid by choice.
Sponsored