First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to know without seeing it, but Avalanche looks to me like the Aviator Grey Audi used to have and even the current Ceramic Grey used on the current C8 Corvette...
Yep, I was thinking the same. Audi/VW have the best Grey out there and avalanche grey looks damn close.
Sponsored

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At least HPR is returning as that’s my first choice for my MY23 order. I was leaning towards VB until I saw an XLT FX4 in that color and decided that a bit too vibrant for my liking.

Also our neighbors that own pickup trucks and SUVs all bought them in a variation of dark blue so I’m picking red.

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep, I was thinking the same. Audi/VW have the best Grey out there and avalanche grey looks damn close.
I dig that non-metallic grey and also I really like that Moondust White or whatever it’s called on the ‘18+ GTIs. I would’ve picked that if I were to buy a Mk7 again. I have a ‘16 GTI in Carbon Steel Grey.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see ford introducing it in year 3. I would really like to get a Maverick in green. I always love green

What I don't understand is. Why is the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Ranger & F150 have green but the Maverick doesn't?
Because they can only offer so many colors, and they absolutely need four f***ing shades of gray, six if you count black and white, that's why. I ask the same question about red.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

agree that likely cyber orange was low on the take list but likely that a 'green' would have about the same number of takers. Looks like green represents less than one percent of colors out there : https://www.germaincars.com/most-popular-car-colors/ " By an overwhelming majority, the most common colors for pickup trucks are White, Black, and Silver. These colors are followed by Red and Blue, then Gold, Brown, and Beige. The least common colors for trucks are Orange, Yellow, and Green. " If they had an extensive palette of color offerings green could certainly be an option but when they're dealing with a low priced truck they probably want to limit the offerings to keep the paint inventory costs down.
Colors popular on cars aren't necessarily as popular on trucks. An Army green like Toyota has on it's Tunda would not be popular among car buyers, but trucks and jeep type vehicles it is more popular for that rugged military look. But the green would clash with the blue interior so it will probably be a no go. I like the blue interior with the Area 51 color because it matches well, but think Ford should have gone with a dark grey for the interior so it would have matched any exterior color. With the door inserts and armrest colors still would have had some contrasting color. Don't know what Ford was thinking really when they decided to make a blue interior. How could they not foresee it would clash with some exterior colors?

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick New Colors: Atlas Blue, Avalanche Gray TundraArmyGreen

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Colors popular on cars aren't necessarily as popular on trucks. An Army green like Toyota has on it's Tunda would not be popular among car buyers, but trucks and jeep type vehicles it is more popular for that rugged military look. But the green would clash with the blue interior so it will probably be a no go. I like the blue interior with the Area 51 color because it matches well, but think Ford should have gone with a dark grey for the interior so it would have matched any exterior color. With the door inserts and armrest colors still would have had some contrasting color. Don't know what Ford was thinking really when they decided to make a blue interior. How could they not foresee it would clash with some exterior colors?

TundraArmyGreen.jpg
To fix this i think they will only offer it on Larait in the future have sandy brown interior seats with green exterior. They should just offer grey or black for a green exterior . Or just put the BS seats in.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because they can only offer so many colors, and they absolutely need four f***ing shades of gray, six if you count black and white, that's why. I ask the same question about red.
but we have 2 blues now~!!!!! They should of have probably added AZURE tint as well..

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably Ford's worst green ever was "Dark Persian green" that they used on the 2020 Ford Escape. Looked more blue than green under most light conditions.

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Who knows, they still might add and delete colors, and change the interior colors... Nothing is finalized until 8/2.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm ok with no velocity blue for 23. That means I'll be able to tell a 22 Maverick from the rest 😁

Sponsored

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone know what models/years have offered Avalanche Gray before? I really liked the looks of Cactus Gray until I saw it in person (ended up looking mint green depending on the angle/lighting). Hoping I can find something on a local lot in Avalanche to help me decide.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a green fan myself, but my friend's Ram looks pretty nice(for green.)

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick New Colors: Atlas Blue, Avalanche Gray PXL_20220724_070943471~2

Last edited:
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
alright, big plus to you because i was reading cactus gray no longer but replaced with fighter jet blue. but you found at ford cite which authenticates
It was fighter jet gray which is the same color as Cactus Gray. That was the name they used on 2021 Mustang but it was the same color code.

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Between cameras, filters, and screens, it's so hard to tell what the colors look in the wild. I finally saw an alto and it had a very cool deep teal to it. In all the pictures it looked almost black or had some blue... I had changed to cactus grey, but then also saw a mustang with avalanche and wow! I guess it's a good problem to have this many solid options. What I really want to know is what other options are changing for the '23's since mine will be rolling over...