Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure appreciate this forum for the info provided. Spent two years searching out my Cactus Grey 2023 Hybrid XLT and was able to purchase mine at a dealership in February of this year. A women had ordered the vehicle in the fall of 2022 and subsequently purchased one at auction. When the vehicle was delivered to the dealership for her to pick up, she declined the purchase and the dealership called me offering it to me after they dealt with the title issues. Window sticker MSRP at $28,000, dealership started at $40,000 asking price. I really wanted this vehicle and was able to drive off the lot having paid $10,000 over the MSRP. Just love this truck! My first Ford vehicle, so my first time dealing with Ford Motor Co. I came to find out that my vehicle that arrived at the dealership with 55 miles on it and sold to me with 55 miles on it was sold to me as a used vehicle. The dealership would not award the new car FordPass Rewards points and I had to argue with the dealership to finally get my used vehicle purchase points. Not a big deal, but it sure left a bad impression.
At the end of May my front tires were bald. I contacted the dealership and went into their FastLane, at which time they reported the tires were defective and replaced the factory Continental tires on the front at no charge. They replaced in June at about 7,000 miles. Quick response, great service.
In August I began having the "Death Wobble" in my front end whenever I accelerated past about 30-40%. This would stop when I backed off or when I reached a level speed. Both of the new front tires were loosing all their tread. At 10,000 miles I had the scheduled service and was told by the FastLane crew that the front end wobbling might be my drivetrain and that I needed to go to the dealership service area to assess. The service manager was unable to get the wobble to occur and we left it that if it reoccured I should bring it to a dealership.
Early September and the front end wobble is worse and my front tires are almost bald again. Called my local dealership to schedule diagnostic appointment and was given an appointment for a month and a half later. Made that appointment this past Monday and was told that the front axle needed replacing and that the dealership had ordered one that would be on back-order at this time. I asked the Service Advisor if both front axles were being addressed and she replied that there was only one front axle on my vehicle. She also reported that my front tires would not be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty and gave me a printed estimate on the cost to replace all four tires. I left the dealership service department with my truck exactly as I had driven it in that morning. Same wobble in the front end and both front tires bald (I had to swap out the driver side front tire with the spare because it would not hold air).
Upon returning home I got on this forum and looked at others experience with the exact same issues. I also verified that, as I thought, my front wheel drive truck does indeed have two front axles/CV joints. I recontacted the dealership and spoke with the Service Advisor I had worked with on Monday and asked her to verify that both the right and left front axles were ordered. She stated that the passenger side was the only side affected, but would check with the service manager to clarify. I stated that both axles would need replacement. She called me back shortly and told me that both were ordered, but that the passenger side axle was on back order.
I went ahead and contacted Ford Motor Co in Dearborn about my concern over the defective axles on my 2023 vehicle and issues surrounding replacement of both the axles and my front tires. I now have a case number and was assured a customer service representative would contact me within 24 hours.
Again, I LOVE this truck. I was impressed with the engineering and design, as well as Ford Motor Co's forward thinking in producing a unibody, 4 door, hybrid truck that would be affordable to people unable to normally get into either the truck or hybrid market. As for service and customer care, I am yet to be satisfied with this aspect of Ford Motor Co. (FastLane staff/service excluded).
I will continue to update my journey getting these issues resolved and look for a YouTube post soon.
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Front Axle Wobble Journey IMG_7698
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Front Axle Wobble Journey IMG_7699 2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally removed the splash guard, and took a peek at the axles on my hybrid-

I can see why'd there'd be issues with the passenger side-

It's got an odd extension, and runs through (what I'd call) a cheap looking "clamp in" pillow block bearing...

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure appreciate this forum for the info provided. Spent two years searching out my Cactus Grey 2023 Hybrid XLT and was able to purchase mine at a dealership in February of this year. A women had ordered the vehicle in the fall of 2022 and subsequently purchased one at auction. When the vehicle was delivered to the dealership for her to pick up, she declined the purchase and the dealership called me offering it to me after they dealt with the title issues. Window sticker MSRP at $28,000, dealership started at $40,000 asking price. I really wanted this vehicle and was able to drive off the lot having paid $10,000 over the MSRP. Just love this truck! My first Ford vehicle, so my first time dealing with Ford Motor Co. I came to find out that my vehicle that arrived at the dealership with 55 miles on it and sold to me with 55 miles on it was sold to me as a used vehicle. The dealership would not award the new car FordPass Rewards points and I had to argue with the dealership to finally get my used vehicle purchase points. Not a big deal, but it sure left a bad impression.
At the end of May my front tires were bald. I contacted the dealership and went into their FastLane, at which time they reported the tires were defective and replaced the factory Continental tires on the front at no charge. They replaced in June at about 7,000 miles. Quick response, great service.
In August I began having the "Death Wobble" in my front end whenever I accelerated past about 30-40%. This would stop when I backed off or when I reached a level speed. Both of the new front tires were loosing all their tread. At 10,000 miles I had the scheduled service and was told by the FastLane crew that the front end wobbling might be my drivetrain and that I needed to go to the dealership service area to assess. The service manager was unable to get the wobble to occur and we left it that if it reoccured I should bring it to a dealership.
Early September and the front end wobble is worse and my front tires are almost bald again. Called my local dealership to schedule diagnostic appointment and was given an appointment for a month and a half later. Made that appointment this past Monday and was told that the front axle needed replacing and that the dealership had ordered one that would be on back-order at this time. I asked the Service Advisor if both front axles were being addressed and she replied that there was only one front axle on my vehicle. She also reported that my front tires would not be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty and gave me a printed estimate on the cost to replace all four tires. I left the dealership service department with my truck exactly as I had driven it in that morning. Same wobble in the front end and both front tires bald (I had to swap out the driver side front tire with the spare because it would not hold air).
Upon returning home I got on this forum and looked at others experience with the exact same issues. I also verified that, as I thought, my front wheel drive truck does indeed have two front axles/CV joints. I recontacted the dealership and spoke with the Service Advisor I had worked with on Monday and asked her to verify that both the right and left front axles were ordered. She stated that the passenger side was the only side affected, but would check with the service manager to clarify. I stated that both axles would need replacement. She called me back shortly and told me that both were ordered, but that the passenger side axle was on back order.
I went ahead and contacted Ford Motor Co in Dearborn about my concern over the defective axles on my 2023 vehicle and issues surrounding replacement of both the axles and my front tires. I now have a case number and was assured a customer service representative would contact me within 24 hours.
Again, I LOVE this truck. I was impressed with the engineering and design, as well as Ford Motor Co's forward thinking in producing a unibody, 4 door, hybrid truck that would be affordable to people unable to normally get into either the truck or hybrid market. As for service and customer care, I am yet to be satisfied with this aspect of Ford Motor Co. (FastLane staff/service excluded).
I will continue to update my journey getting these issues resolved and look for a YouTube post soon.
This post has to be clickbait? First off a dealer was selling a vehicle 10 thousand dollars over sticker? And secondly you actually paid 10 thousand dollars over sticker price?!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Phill,
My heart goes out to you.
Best of luck.
Keep us informed.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This post has to be clickbait? First off a dealer was selling a vehicle 10 thousand dollars over sticker? And secondly you actually paid 10 thousand dollars over sticker price?!
A bunch of people have paid that much over sticker.

We've seen it so many times on this forum, and then a bunch of people yelling at the person who did it with "Why would you ever pay 10k over sticker!" 😆

Sponsored

Jahman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Star
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good on you for being informed and proactive.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had my Mav service at a ford dealer. I was walking the yard and they had 3 Mavs for sale. All was price in the high $40 and close to 50. They also had 2 that were sold in the last 2 days in that price range. If you have the time to wait people will pay the price.

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to find a new dealer.
2-3 sets of front tires in 10k miles and latest wont be covered under warranty ? You might have bigger issues than just bad axles. Did they even throw the car on an alignment rack ? What a joke.

Worse case take it to place that does alignments. Tell them the situation and ask for a alignment check (including a printout) and take that to your wonderful dealer.

Cobra1guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes "scalpers" dealers are doing the same where I live and people want theses trucks so bad their willing to over pay the ridiculous prices. I wanted a Maverick but I don't want one that bad.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You need to find a new dealer.
2-3 sets of front tires in 10k miles and latest wont be covered under warranty ? You might have bigger issues than just bad axles. Did they even throw the car on an alignment rack ? What a joke.

Worse case take it to place that does alignments. Tell them the situation and ask for a alignment check (including a printout) and take that to your wonderful dealer.
agree; his dealership is incompetent. everyone has choices but some owners are not very near their next-best alternative.

Google maps tells me there are 2 Ford dealerships near the city the OP has listed on his profile. If one of them is who has been working on his truck, try the other. If he's going elsewhere, call both of these 2 dealerships. I would just explain that you think there is an issue with a cv joint or other driveline component and (other Ford dealership XYZ) has not been able to diagnose and repair. Make an appointment and get it done.
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Front Axle Wobble Journey Screenshot 2023-10-27 101908

Sponsored

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love my Maverick but would not pay a cent over msrp for this vehicle. And have no sympathy for people that have. They are the sole reason these companies think they can bend us (the people) over.

Sventinker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Maverick but would not pay a cent over msrp for this vehicle. And have no sympathy for people that have. They are the sole reason these companies think they can bend us (the people) over.
I feel the same. If people refused to do it dealer markups wouldn't exist.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If we hit the oil companies with "windfall profits tax" back in the day, seems like we could do the same for dealerships selling over list. Oh wait. No we can't do that. Because the dealers own pretty much every politician in the USA at local, state, and federal levels. Same reason we can't pass anti fraudulent charges legislation.

Some dealers are sharks. When they see prey walk in the door, the blood splatters the windows.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see why'd there'd be issues with the passenger side-

It's got an odd extension, and runs through (what I'd call) a cheap looking "clamp in" pillow block bearing...
That's a pretty common setup for FWD/AWD Fords the past decade+. They don't run a long "tailshaft" across to the passenger side because it needs to provision for mounting a PTU for the AWD applications, and even then they still utilize a support bearing.