John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably a change in the testing methods that accounts for what looks like math errors in the combined mpg. As for beach driving, I would refer to a previous post about Americans getting fatter. When I was living near the beach we parked where we could and walked to where we were going to fish.
You would walk a good 1/3 of mile in soft sand with gear where we are permitted to fish. This is why the state issues you a permit that allows you to drive to the shore line. There are some places where you can park your vehicle and walk to a bay area. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You made the right choice on AWD, dont let anyone tell you to buy a FWD truck lol, especially if you plan on doing actual truck things with it. The hybrid is a prius with a truck body, great for alot of people, but doesnt work for everyone.
Yes your right for me the Tremor was the only choice. (y)

lumonix

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You made the right choice on AWD, dont let anyone tell you to buy a FWD truck lol, especially if you plan on doing actual truck things with it. The hybrid is a prius with a truck body, great for alot of people, but doesnt work for everyone.
That is a pretty silly comment. There are plenty of us that take the Maverick hybrid off roading. Number one is driving skill. Number two is good tires. Number three is AWD.

I do agree FWD is not good for beach sand. So if that is your main reason to get AWD it is a good reason.

StevenK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, 2017
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Revisions may be updated for a number of reasons, real world driving for a particular model, as more ethanol is added to our fuel it will drop mileage for all vehicles, + us Americans are getting fatter every year, so it takes more fuel to haul us around. I have easily beat EPA estimates with mine, I haven't reset my mileage meter for 5500 miles & it reads 30.5, which is 29.8 hand calculated. That has been through a summer with a lot of ac use, quite a bit of turbo boost acceleration & now a few months of cold winter, I am pleased with the MPG this truck delivers.
I believe that the primary cause for the reduced MPG (on non-Tremor models) is Ford's removal/changes to the grille shutters. Keeping the grille shutters open all the time will increase the aero drag on the truck. It appears that Ford lawyers think it will reduce Ford's liability in case of engine fires. They think the additional air flow will extinguish an engine fire. I guess they have never seen what pressurized air does for an iron forge...

Steve

Baja_Roamer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mitsubishi Montero, 2015 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait what?! So you can’t do actual “truck stuff” in a 2wd? What do you consider truck stuff? I think most people think of it as loading up your bed and transporting lumber/materials/bikes/gear etc. If you think “truck stuff” is going 4-wheeling well there’s lots of SUV’s, CUV’s, vans, and even Subarus that do that better than any maverick tremor will.

Sponsored

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I filled up for the first time at 13.419 gallons. $37.56 (with fuel points). 648.8 miles since I pulled it off the lot with a full tank. That's 48.3 mpg. My truck currently says 614 miles to empty after a 2 mile drive from the station, but it's been going up, not down...

So I don't care about the EPA or what they have to say.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Air down to 14 psi and turn off traction control it goes just fine on sand.
14 PSI on stock Contis? You're going to have a bad time being stuck in the sand AND a flat tire off the rim....

If you think “truck stuff” is going 4-wheeling well there’s lots of SUV’s, CUV’s, vans, and even Subarus that do that better than any maverick tremor will.
Wait what?! No van, CUV, or Subaru does it better than a Maverick Tremor. You cannot list a single one that does.

(EDIT - Bronco Sport withstanding)

Last edited:

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m averaging 43.3 mpg in the city with my ‘22 hybrid Lariat. In so many ways, I’m glad that I have a ‘22 as opposed to a ‘23. Ford made some changes to the ‘23 lineup with various packages and accessories that were included in my Maverick w/Lux and CP.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Brand new, 23 hybrid here. I literally just got back from an all Highway I95 trip, cruise control set to 70 MPH, from Philadelphia to Orlando and the truck displayed 37.8 MPG the whole way down. Even being conservative, understanding there is measurement error, that’s like 36 MPG on the Highway at 70 MPH for approx. 1,400 miles.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brand new, 23 hybrid here. I literally just got back from an all Highway I95 trip, cruise control set to 70 MPH, from Philadelphia to Orlando and the truck displayed 37.8 MPG the whole way down. Even being conservative, understanding there is measurement error, that’s like 36 MPG on the Highway at 70 MPH for approx. 1,400 miles.
That’s fine because you went to Orlando. It’s in the middle if the state, away from the ocean and gulf. If you wandered to either coast, then nothing less than a Tremor would suffice. You know, beaches and sand and all of that. 😆

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my 2007 F150 was getting 16 to 17 and it was costing me about $37 to go to Tuscon shopping. I just filled up the 1st time with my hybrid and 478 mils on it and it only cost $42.68 to fill it. So I am not complaining.
I drive a 2007 F150, ordered a hybrid Maverick, and live near Tucson. 😊

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck with getting your Mav. Mine was a 22 roll over and I still feel blessed to get it. I picked it up from Oracle Ford 2 weeks ago today and lucky I did because I've been to Tuscon, Globe and Masa from Kearny. My gas bill would have killed my budget. I probably saved enough in gas alone to make the truck payment.

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is a pretty silly comment. There are plenty of us that take the Maverick hybrid off roading. Number one is driving skill. Number two is good tires. Number three is AWD.

I do agree FWD is not good for beach sand. So if that is your main reason to get AWD it is a good reason.
Yes that was my reason. (y) And it's the only type of vehicle the state will issue a permit.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the over view of my truck, which is a hybrid and in my Sig is my MPG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick gets new lower MPG fuel mileage EPA ratings 1675527960005
Sponsored