Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I was hooked to a 70 Chevy with bumper hitch pulling with my truck and on corner it drove me right off the road......been there done that with change of pants. Lol
You saying that losing a load made you loose a load?
Hope the pants were brown before.

I had the receiver come off a suburban pulling a trailer. And I mean faulty weld shared off come off. I was crossing WalnutHill in Dallas and the only thing I could think to do was keep accelerating to keep the safety chains tight till the trailer made it across a fairly busy road. That part worked. The part that didn’t work was the oops I was distracted and forgot where the drainage Fitch and our mailbox was operative word was. Stopped when it hit the drainage pipe and took the chains off

so I hear you also did you know suburbans roll to the side that goes into the ditch? Pro-tip, don’t do it
Sponsored

Dr.Steve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dr. Steve Bruhle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn’t this late availability anyways.
Sounds to me like that will be an option in MY2023 when they don’t have 80k pre orders.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to see this change. Was surprised this was even offered when Maverick was launched. Towing 4,000 pounds with a FWD, 2.0 L engine on a truck that weighs 3700# on a good day was not going to end well for some. Not to mention the front tire wear if you tow on the weekends. Even with AWD drive 4k tow package I wouldn't feel safe towing more than 3200 pounds.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to see this change. Was surprised this was even offered when Maverick was launched. Towing 4,000 pounds with a FWD, 2.0 L engine on a truck that weighs 3700# on a good day was not going to end well for some. Not to mention the front tire wear if you tow on the weekends. Even with AWD drive 4k tow package I wouldn't feel safe towing more than 3200 pounds.
If Ford thought it was a problem NO ONE would be able to order a fwd with tow package(Ford wouldn’t want a lawsuit). It’s most likely due to commodity availability of parts for the tow package is being shifted to awd only.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford thought it was a problem NO ONE would be able to order a fwd with tow package(Ford wouldn’t want a lawsuit). It’s most likely due to commodity availability of parts for the tow package is being shifted to awd only.
We will see. You give Ford to much credit. This could be an example of "Upon further review it isn't a good idea" Ford thought it was a good idea to have a gas tank unprotected on a Pinto and to keep a certain Firestone tire on the Explorer for way too long. Plus, add the law of Physics to the equation and someone probably said "Lets air on the side of caution."

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We will see. You give Ford to much credit. This could be an example of "Upon further review it isn't a good idea" Ford thought it was a good idea to have a gas tank unprotected on a Pinto and to keep a certain Firestone tire on the Explorer for way too long. Plus, add the law of Physics to the equation and someone probably said "Lets air on the side of caution."
Then why order a Ford, go get you a Honda Ridgeline or Hyundai Santa Cruz since you have no faith in Ford. Problem solved.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could be the result of all the preproduction Mavericks driving around. There could have been unexpected issues or wear. This is why you have preproduction road testing.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then why order a Ford, go get you a Honda Ridgeline or Hyundai Santa Cruz since you have no faith in Ford. Problem solved.
It isn't that I don't have faith in Ford. Drinking 100% of a company Koolaid isn't healthy. I think it is a good decision they have made to halt orders on this setup for many reasons. If it was a supply issue it would say delayed and still take orders. Ford looks better by halting this build than going forward.

If the RV we decide to tow is within my safe limits for a Maverick we will purchase a Maverick. If the RV is higher than 3200 pounds we will purchase a Nissan Frontier. It isn't a knock on Ford.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Any Hybrid - "Until further notice, stock hybrids orders will not be selected for scheduling" ... which implies only "retail" (a.k.a. customer orders) hybrids will be selected for scheduling.

If you are a customer with a Hybrid order that your dealer assigned an "80" (i.e. "stock) to it, get on their case and make sure it gets changed to 10-19 or it may be quite a while before your order gets scheduled.
I'm a 02 for Hybrid.....Maybe this week ?

Sponsored

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Just talked with my dealer here in Portland and had to change my FWD to 4WD to keep 4K Tow. He seemed to be unaware of this issue until I asked him about it, but news of it had made its way to another manager and they were able to confirm.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You saying that losing a load made you loose a load?
Hope the pants were brown before.

I had the receiver come off a suburban pulling a trailer. And I mean faulty weld shared off come off. I was crossing WalnutHill in Dallas and the only thing I could think to do was keep accelerating to keep the safety chains tight till the trailer made it across a fairly busy road. That part worked. The part that didn’t work was the oops I was distracted and forgot where the drainage Fitch and our mailbox was operative word was. Stopped when it hit the drainage pipe and took the chains off

so I hear you also did you know suburbans roll to the side that goes into the ditch? Pro-tip, don’t do it
talk about a joy-ride:oops:o_O

Twinfreeze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Camry
Any Hybrid - "Until further notice, stock hybrids orders will not be selected for scheduling" ... which implies only "retail" (a.k.a. customer orders) hybrids will be selected for scheduling.

If you are a customer with a Hybrid order that your dealer assigned an "80" (i.e. "stock) to it, get on their case and make sure it gets changed to 10-19 or it may be quite a while before your order gets scheduled.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the original information was the 4K tow package required the AWD option as well? I know some people said they could configure the 4K package without the AWD maybe that was an error in the system.

My guess is they have a limited supply of 4K towing spec transmissions or rather they have near equal amount of those transmissions as they do the rear ends with the 4K towing ratios.

Total cost to get the 4K towing package over the base hyrbid is $4,050 which is more than a 20% cost increase over the base vehicle.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It isn't that I don't have faith in Ford. Drinking 100% of a company Koolaid isn't healthy. I think it is a good decision they have made to halt orders on this setup for many reasons. If it was a supply issue it would say delayed and still take orders. Ford looks better by halting this build than going forward.

If the RV we decide to tow is within my safe limits for a Maverick we will purchase a Maverick. If the RV is higher than 3200 pounds we will purchase a Nissan Frontier. It isn't a knock on Ford.

I am thoroughly convinced this is PRIMARILY a supply issue. If you are limited on a product the wise thing to do is put it on the more expensive models.

My build was an FWD with the towing package. IN MY RESEARCH FOR THE SMALL TRAILER I WANT TO GET I FOUND I WAS LIMITED TO ABOUT 3500LBS. That also led me to the Nissan Frontier. It will give me more flexibility in the payload. I AM GOING TO KEEP MY SPOT IN LINE FOR THE MAVERICK AND CHANGE TO A HYBRID THOUGH!!! Because of this, I wish they would offer cruise control on non-xlt packages...FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN HURT BY THIS DECISION..:) ..but I doubt that will happen to maintain the streamlined production process.

Secondary issue (but close behind) That people have a tendency knowingly or not to push the limits(that human factor) is important to take into consideration. How many people will actually go through the process to find their actual towing capacity of 4000 has other restrictions?

In the meantime, I still have my Honda Insight that I will keep until my Maverick Hybrid is built.
Sponsored