First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Lightning is a 2022 year model. None delivered to customers in 2021. Probably be truck of the year next year
I read yesterday that they have 150000 orders on the books for the Lightning
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who pays more wins !

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick, Bronco, and Mustang needs to be in it for the 1 2 3

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rivian should win, it’s a revolutionary truck. Price shouldn’t be held against it, Tesla roadster was way more expensive compared to the S and then 3. And that company is legit with all the funding and hiring they’re doing, it’s the first real Tesla competitor.

Maverick is an evolutionary thing, if Ford would’ve made hybrids in the Ranger before and not just F150, it would’ve been a bigger deal.

AC13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT / 1964 Ford Fairlane 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a lot of buzz around the Rivian but I actually think the Maverick will win.

And I'm not just saying that because mine hasn't been scheduled yet and I'm hoping this earns me some mystical Ford karma.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully they can make enough so the testers will have a hybrid. Without the hybrid, the maverick will be good, but not game-changing. (seeing how Santa Cruz is also a semi-finalist.)
If Rivian can make the list why not the Maverick?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone noticed the word "innaugural"? Awards are cool and all...

Sponsored

lingle98

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 2016 Dodge Dart SXT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm rooting for the rivian. Im excited for my maverick, but I was following the rivian for wayy longer and I love the idea of making a slide out toolbox for the side storage. I would've ordered one if I had the money too, but the maverick is what I can afford.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read, the Rivian should win that category hands down. Apparently it really is fantastic.
I highly doubt it. Sir Thomas Harriot went on a search for gold in the new world, only to return with a humble potato that he introduced to Queen Elizabeth and planted on his estate, which turned out to be one of the most influential, meaningful, and timeless contributions from the new world far greater than any bounty of gold he could have retrieved. Some say it was so significant to increasing the caloric output of the nation, that it was one of the top three factors fueling the industrial revolution and to this day its prominent in British cuisine.

The Rivian is shiny and flashy, but its inflated MSRP, low production capacity, new company growing pains, non-existent dealership network for support, and the extra costs and inconvenience of being an early EV adopter (at least outside of California) means it is flashy but likely won't be very significant, but a affordable hybrid pickup truck for the masses may just be the potato that people didn't know how they lived without before.

For example, the Hyundai Santa Cruz won out over other big expensive flashy trucks like the Ram TRX in the Northwest Automotive Press Association's pickup of the year award for a similar reason, because while the TRX and Gladiator and new Nissan Frontier are really cool its not that groundbreaking like the birth of a new segment for North America.

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I highly doubt it. Sir Thomas Harriot went on a search for gold in the new world, only to return with a humble potato that he introduced to Queen Elizabeth and planted on his estate, which turned out to be one of the most influential, meaningful, and timeless contributions from the new world far greater than any bounty of gold he could have retrieved. Some say it was so significant to increasing the caloric output of the nation, that it was one of the top three factors fueling the industrial revolution and to this day its prominent in British cuisine.

The Rivian is shiny and flashy, but its inflated MSRP, low production capacity, new company growing pains, non-existent dealership network for support, and the extra costs and inconvenience of being an early EV adopter (at least outside of California) means it is flashy but likely won't be very significant, but a affordable hybrid pickup truck for the masses may just be the potato that people didn't know how they lived without before.

For example, the Hyundai Santa Cruz won out over other big expensive flashy trucks like the Ram TRX in the Northwest Automotive Press Association's pickup of the year award for a similar reason, because while the TRX and Gladiator and new Nissan Frontier are really cool its not that groundbreaking like the birth of a new segment for North America.
You are spot-on. The Rivian is still like a concept car(truck). There is a lot of flash, but it has not made any bang that I am aware of.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the Maverick
From what I've read, the Rivian should win that category hands down. Apparently it really is fantastic.
IIRC Ford has a percentage of ownership in Rivian. :unsure:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This list has too many different types of vehicles that this is just stupid. There are two electric vehicles, one from a company we have never seen. There is 1 full size, 1 midsize, 1 compact (Maverick!) and 1 Hyundai on the list. Price points further show just how different these vehicles are from one another. Each of these, aside from the Hyundai and Rivian, have their merits. I won't give any credit to a company that hasn't proven anything.
Sponsored