🥊 2022 Maverick vs Santa Cruz PRICING, SPECS, TRIMS Comparison

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So Hyundai FINALLY dropped the pricing of the Hyundai. (After Destination) the Hyundai starts about $3,700 over Maverick and tops out $7,000+++ over a loaded Maverick. At that point you could get a loaded Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy or Ford Edge Titanium. Or better yet. Ford Ranger Supercrew 4x4 Lariat Lux package. Seams like Hyundai dropped the ball.

Ford Maverick 🥊 2022 Maverick vs Santa Cruz PRICING, SPECS, TRIMS Comparison 3875072D-BB30-4A40-8A0B-AF439A46CE9D
Sponsored

Last edited:

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I there anything other than the website that compares the feature set of each trim?

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really just ask where the market is at that price for them. They needed to price it like an SUV (maybe I'm a little out of touch here...I guess it is in line with the Santa Fe pricing...sort of?). The thing is, it is priced where I would expect dealers to get $3-5K in discounts to buyers. Except that market doesn't exist currently. I would never pay sticker for one of these.

Conversely, the Maverick is priced so aggressively, it is like they built in rebates and discounts - it is just priced on another level.

The question is, who is that Santa Cruz exactly being built for? Good luck to them I guess. This coming from someone who doesn't think it is too bad looking or a bad concept either, it just seems to be missing the mark. Ford seems to know exactly their target audience...and then some.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I really just ask where the market is at that price for them. They needed to price it like an SUV (maybe I'm a little out of touch here...I guess it is in line with the Santa Fe pricing...sort of?). The thing is, it is priced where I would expect dealers to get $3-5K in discounts to buyers. Except that market doesn't exist currently. I would never pay sticker for one of these.

Conversely, the Maverick is priced so aggressively, it is like they built in rebates and discounts - it is just priced on another level.

The question is, who is that Santa Cruz exactly being built for? Good luck to them I guess. This coming from someone who doesn't think it is too bad looking or a bad concept either, it just seems to be missing the mark. Ford seems to know exactly their target audience...and then some.
Agreed. It seems that Ford is really killing it, even without selling one of these yet, while Hyundai has yet to gain any traction.

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just looked at the SC pricing. You can add AWD to the base trim, so $23990 (SE) + $1500 (AWD) + whatever dest/ship cost is (for the cheapest AWD version).

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just looked at the SC pricing. You can add AWD to the base trim, so $23990 (SE) + $1500 (AWD) + whatever dest/ship cost is (for the cheapest AWD version).
Destination is $1,185. So you’re looking at $26,675 for the cheapest AWD version I believe.

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but does it have cruise control,,,,,,,,

HRG
Yep. It’s 25,500 for the maverick AWD XL, 28ish on XLT so not a huge discrepancy.
Sponsored