First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Maverick towing trailer posted by Mike Levine - what trailer?

Cyber Orange Ford Maverick.jpg
Outstanding Photo ! Great work. Yellow looks really good.

Sponsored

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
That's one ugly trailer, looks weird with the Maverick

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
Anyone else think it’s odd to pair a trailer that large and expensive with such a frugal truck?
Maybe, depends on what you were pairing it with. If its the Lariat First Edition with 4K tow and 360 package not so much. I was actually looking at a Bambi myself. I do feel that the Airstream models available for this aren't that appealing. I felt I might have watched this in a KBB review on YouTube?

k1ngf1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Welp, just made an account because I was looking for someone with this exact combo.

Here's the thing. Thats the Airstream Basecamp 16X, which has a "curb" hitch weight of ~435lbs. which exceeds the maximum tongue weight for the Maverick of 400lbs (as published by Ford). Plus, once you add in all your luggage and living supplies to the trailer, I can only imagine the tongue weight starts to pick up rather quickly.

I'm wondering how safe this really is to be pulling that trailer with a 4k tow package Maverick.

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else think it’s odd to pair a trailer that large and expensive with such a frugal truck?
he bought the top of the line lariat though

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL , I would skip the airstream and just buy 2 more mavericks...
Or have a EB mav w/4K tow package flat towing a hybrid Maverick. One to keep stuff in, one to sleep in. :)

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welp, just made an account because I was looking for someone with this exact combo.

Here's the thing. Thats the Airstream Basecamp 16X, which has a "curb" hitch weight of ~435lbs. which exceeds the maximum tongue weight for the Maverick of 400lbs (as published by Ford). Plus, once you add in all your luggage and living supplies to the trailer, I can only imagine the tongue weight starts to pick up rather quickly.

I'm wondering how safe this really is to be pulling that trailer with a 4k tow package Maverick.
There are ways around it keeping in mind GVWR and GCVWR. Remove the Propane tanks from the tongue and either place them in the bed of the truck or behind the axles of Airstream. You can probably have a tongue weight of 370-380#. Watch how you load your trailer, know the weight of everything you put in it. In an RV a lot of what you haul along with you never gets used. Leave it behind.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Nope! Would do it in a second if I could swing one of those trailers … and they had a 4K towing pack on the hybrid.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Me & my Hybrid will be pulling the Colorado teardrop trailer. I'm getting one this spring
Those airstreams are ridiculously overpriced and way to heavy for my truck
Sponsored