Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Another Ford Maverick prototype has appeared with our first look at some new accessories. Affixed to this Cactus Grey Ford Maverick XL is a new black trim package with hood bulge, and window air deflectors.

The Maverick’s Build & Price Tool lists Window Air Deflectors, but no images of the accessory is presented—only a standard image emblazoned with MAVERICK. We can now see these deflectors in action on the passenger-side of this prototype. There are some grease pencil sign-offs, OK-ing the design and fit of this accessory for production. It would seem that no image is made available on the Ford site, because the final design for this accessory is just now getting approval. It must be said that the fit and integration looks very clean compared to most aftermarket window deflectors of this nature.

The other accessory package that shows up on this prototype is a blacked-out trim collection, with prominent plastic trim bits affixed to this Maverick’s tailgate, near the side sills, and a tacked-on bulge sitting atop the hood. The trim pieces add some contrasty “aggression” to the Maverick’s design, even in this XL trim on steelies.

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-1
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-2
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-3
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-4
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-5
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-6
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-7
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-8
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-9
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-10
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-11
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-12
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-13
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-14
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-15
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-16
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-17
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Spied With New Accessories (Black Trims, Hood Bulge / Scoop, Wheel Arches, Window Air Deflectors) 📸 2021-maverick-spied-accessories-black-trim-deflectors-18

Sponsored

Last edited:

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the wheel arch moldings. I’m not crazy about the rest.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Me personally, no to the hood applique, maybe on the rear applique and maybe on the rain guards. The rain guards would be the only thing I would actually consider for purchase, just barely borderline though, if that makes any sense. Style/ type is a little off for me. Low door molding, maybe as well.

Edit: Just noticed the wheel arches, actually, those would be the ones I would actually see me purchasing at some point. Hmmm,... those would make the Area 51 color work better for me. Nah, stick to Carbonized Gray for the metallic properties. Lol. Surprised those weren't included as part of the FX4 package.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I kind of like the hood, side and tailgate appliques. I don't think they would look that good on the CG Maverick that I have in on order, but I think they would look good on lighter colors and maybe the red.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like those door bumpers and the window air deflectors! Not sure about the rest.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm.. I had to check my browser and make sure I wasn’t on EBay.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess the wheel arches and tailgate panel could look pretty good. I don’t like the rest though.

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only barely like the window air/rain deflectors. I like them to leave the window down a little for heat extraction. The other stuff I’ll pass on.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if others have noticed that the "Maverick" logo on the back is black (maybe chrome?). Probably stickers that fit in the embossed logo.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's like "look at me! I'm a big, gas guzzling v8 truck!"

Nothing looks functional. I rather use the money for something that would enhance the usefulness of the truck

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
It's like "look at me! I'm a big, gas guzzling v8 truck!"

Nothing looks functional. I rather use the money for something that would enhance the usefulness of the truck
Like a 2.3 EB swap. Haha!