First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I show 11 XL Hybrids with November build dates on the list now.. I added mine Thursday but I don't think the list got updated until the weekend.

Based on the updated list...

84 builds, 39 on 11/1 and 45 on 11/8

15 XL Builds, 10 HYB, 5 ECO
47 XLT Builds, 21 HYB, 26 ECO
22 LARIAT Builds, 6 HYB, 16 ECO

Of the 84 Builds 37 HYB, 47 ECO

There were 5 others in the data with builds on other dates in November and I left them out of these numbers.
thanks for the update. Interesting that XL hybrids outnumber ecos 2:1
XLT/Lariat is more even but favor ecos
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I show 11 XL Hybrids with November build dates on the list now.. I added mine Thursday but I don't think the list got updated until the weekend.

Based on the updated list...

84 builds, 39 on 11/1 and 45 on 11/8

15 XL Builds, 10 HYB, 5 ECO
47 XLT Builds, 21 HYB, 26 ECO
22 LARIAT Builds, 6 HYB, 16 ECO

Of the 84 Builds 37 HYB, 47 ECO

There were 5 others in the data with builds on other dates in November and I left them out of these numbers.
Thanks for updating. It takes some time going through the list and manually extracting the information so thanks.

It is interesting that the numbers now show 44% Hybrid to 56% EcoBoost split up from the 30% my first go at this.

That should put to rest that the only way to get a build date is order with the EcoBoost engine

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks for the update. Interesting that XL hybrids outnumber ecos 2:1
XLT/Lariat is more even but favor ecos
I believe that those who chose the XL are looking for the lowest cost truck and going with the EcoBoost adds $1085 to the cost.

So the 2:1 ratio Hybrid:EcoBoost does not surprise me.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to know there's a Hybrid with a build date! When was it ordered?
For the Build dates of 11/1 and 11/8 there are 37 Hybrid's. Mine is one of them for the 11/8 date. I ordered on 8/23. My wait is 78 days.

To see other order dates for the other Hybrid's that are scheduled for building you can go back to page 1 of this thread and scroll through the 2008 entries looking for those Hybrid's that are scheduled to be built. Valid entries have a VIN number entered because when Ford schedules a build both the build date and VIN number are provided.

The earliest one on the list was ordered on 6/10 by docroland and is scheduled for build on 10/4. That is a very long wait of 116 days.

Last edited:

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
For the Build dates of 11/1 and 11/8 there are 37 Hybrid's. Mine is one of them for the 11/8 date. I ordered on 8/23. My wait is 78 days.

To see other order dates for the other Hybrid's that are scheduled for building you can go back to page 1 of this thread and scroll through the 2008 entries looking for those Hybrid's that are scheduled to be built. Valid entries have a VIN number entered because when Ford schedules a build both the build date and VIN number are provided.

The earliest one on the list was ordered on 6/10 by docroland and is scheduled for build on 10/4. That is a very long wait of 116 days.
I ordered 9/7. I may not see mine until May!

Sponsored

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that those who chose the XL are looking for the lowest cost truck and going with the EcoBoost adds $1085 to the cost.

While I disagree with the logic since XL provides a lower price to get a tower, what I’m actually surprised about is Ford prioritizing a Hybrid motor for an XL. These aren’t full stats for all production but the ratio seems higher. My logic would be prioritize my higher sticker item be it XLT/Lariat. I’m pretty sure they could’ve cranked out more XLT/Lariat (non Lux) hybrids.

I wonder the prices for each engine. The tech in the Hybrid (battery, upgraded harness, etc) would make me think it’s slightly more expensive/equal to the eco especially since the new design R&D done for the Hybrid changes (this is notexactly the escape motor). The ecoboost is likely the higher margin item and easier/cheaper to produce

edit: ecoboost engine is probably less expensive than Hybrid but auto transmission is probably more expensive than cvt so probably a wash. Just still wondering why they didn’t prioritize the Hybrid which are less plentiful for higher ticket builds

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just added my lx hybrid build date 11/8

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I can only speak for myself, but the hybrid was the main thing that brought me to the Maverick. I wanted a small truck, yes. But this was the one with a hybrid as standard.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder the prices for each engine. The tech in the Hybrid (battery, upgraded harness, etc) would make me think it’s slightly more expensive/equal to the eco especially since the new design R&D done for the Hybrid changes (this is not exactly the escape motor). The ecoboost is likely the higher margin item and easier/cheaper to produce

edit: ecoboost engine is probably less expensive than Hybrid but auto transmission is probably more expensive than cvt so probably a wash. Just still wondering why they didn’t prioritize the Hybrid which are less plentiful for higher ticket builds
Ford charges an additional $1085 for the EcoBoost seems to imply that it costs more overall.

For the EcoBoost price you need to also add the costs of:

Starter
Alternator
Accessory Belt

The above are not on the Hybrid

and the difference in prices between EcoBoost vs Hybrid:

Pulley driven AC vs All electric AC
Oil Pump?

--------------------------

The Maverick Hybrid has these benefits over the gas EcoBoost engine

Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Transmission with CVT Belts
Ford Maverick Hybrid No Starter
Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Alternator
Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Timing Belt - it is Chain Driven
Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Accessory Belt
Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Conventional AC, AC is electric and driven by the High Voltage Battery
Ford Maverick Hybrid – No Turbochargers

Last edited:
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the Ecoboost is electric power steering as well. It's standard fare on most vehicles these days.
You are correct. I have edited my post.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just ordered an XL hybrid w/360, tow hitch and sliding rea window in CG. Already have a previous order with build date. This hybrid order is just over 9,000 cheaper.

tebman336

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered an XL AWD 2.0 in Area 51 today!

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Con, 2022 Maverick XLT Hyb
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered XLT 07/01/21. Dealer status shows "Unscheduled-Clean." No idea what that means.

FLA-MAV22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Rio5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you already ordered the 2022 Maverick Pickup! If so, share the happy news here!

1. Please use the Order Tracking List Submission Form to add yourself to the list.
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. Be sure to check out the STATS sheet below it for detailed infographics on body style, models/trims, etc.
5. Use the Change Request Form to add your Estimated Build Date and/or request any changes to your order info on the tracker list.

Done
Sponsored