Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I as well paid a 500 dollar deposit on mine. Seems to be a going rate in many places
Intinally they wanted $500 so I wrote the check. Then the salesman returned and said they wanted $1,000. Since I had already written the check, they went with the $500. And when I canceled the order and went with a different dealer they handed my check back. Super easy.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I suppose is to be expected on a forum featuring a new Ford vehicle, there are quite a number of Ford-defenders who are more than happy to jump to Ford's aid. To them, I say this: You are correct that Ford promised delivery this fall, so everything else is just speculation up to that point. I'm glad that you don't have any problems with Ford's communication, and I wish you well.

But I'd really like Ford to explain the process clearly. Leaving a bunch of customers to speculate based on cryptic communication isn't a good way to build trust with new customers. It wouldn't be hard to craft an official statement explaining the ordering process, the meaning of various codes, etc. If they're going to print "priority codes" and the like on customer-facing communications, people are going to wonder what they mean. If Ford had an impeccable reputation for delivering on promises, perhaps none of this would be necessary. But I really feel that Ford is missing an opportunity to inform and educate their customers--and dealers. They really wouldn't have anything to lose, right?
1. name a global company that gives real time updates on its manufacturing processes on new products for the general public (does Apple do that for example?).

2. If Ford was truly deficient/negligent in new product launches as you insinuate, how have they led the industry in new truck sales for the last 4+ decades?

reality is *potential* customers are informed on a "need to know" basis, not WANT to know, in situations like this :rolleyes:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. name a global company that gives real time updates on its manufacturing processes on new products for the general public (does Apple do that for example?).

2. If Ford was truly deficient/negligent in new product launches as you insinuate, how have they led the industry in new truck sales for the last 4+ decades?

reality is *potential* customers are informed on a "need to know" basis, not WANT to know, in situations like this :rolleyes:
Glad that you are happy and eager to defend what you feel is Ford’s terrific communication. I don’t share your sentiments because they seem to be causing a lot of confusion.

I think I’ll be moving along now, and leave you all to keep piling on. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm sort of baffled by people being upset that Ford is doing test builds before they start production ones, on top of that they aren't delaying production at all. It's still scheduled to start when they always said it would. I'm really glad they are doing some test runs first, there are bound to be some initial hiccups that this will catch. I'd rather a test catch it than me on my way to work one morning.
I'm sort of baffled by people being upset
Maverick OKTB (OK To Buy) date is around 9/15...Ford is supposed to start scheduling next week retails with build dates after 9/15...

The thinking behind this is build the stock units (which are mid August build dates), hold them to check for build quality, then build the retail solds...then ship the retails...

They didnt do this with Bronco bc there were no stock units & now they are having quality issues on customers orders...
Has there been any changes as of today on hybrid stock and or retail orders

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rabble, rabble, rabble!!

That's the only thing we really know for sure.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given the average parts count - 30,000 - in an automobile, predicting when the left and right side parking light lens assembly will show from PlastiProducts is just one part of the equation. They, PlastiProducts, depend on Mozerre Pellet Products to feed their injectable molds. Mozerre is not known for being the fastest, but they are the ones with the best quality at the best price. They (Mozerre) depend upon Luxon Petroleum for the raw polyethylene.
That is 2 of the 30,000.
I made it all up. But the story is the same for a lot of the parts used. Ford depends upon suppliers, who in turn depend upon their suppliers. Hopefully, they all do the best they can to supply the desired part/product in a timely fashion.
We see/hear of the 'chip shortage' affecting F-150 production, with tens of thousands of otherwise-finished product sitting in storage lots(race tracks in Lousiville) awaiting the chips to be produced, packaged, plopped into a container, and then air-freighted or placed aboard a cargo ship for transit to USA. That is just one part, again, which put a LARGE monkeywrench into Ford production for months.
They (FoMoCo) want the product to be done, sent to the dealer, and sold to the final customer as quickly as possible. They do not hold back pertinent information to keep customers in suspense. They have a reason, or two or seven hundred and thirty two as to why they cannot tell you the scheduled date of production of your particular vehicle. Could be the lack of off-road tires, the ethylene used in the spray-in bed liners, or the active-x fabric in the lariat package seat covers. All the parts flow through a scheduling system like ball bearings in a Pachinko machine. The lack of some bits, and the availability of others, when a predicted schedule is drawn up, very likely by a computer matching requests with avaiable resources, may mean the white models with the moonroof and a 2.0 can get built, about as many as the line can assemble, but anything else will have to wait, for 367 different reasons. Next week, when the latest schedule is drawn up, it may be that anything requiring a sliding rear window will not be scheduled. Ya never know ahead of time, even when YOU are the one making up the schedule.
To say otherwise is contrary to all I know about manufacturing scheduling. As they say, you go to war with the army you have, and build trucks with the parts you have... YMMV
tom

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Glad that you are happy and eager to defend what you feel is Ford’s terrific communication. I don’t share your sentiments because they seem to be causing a lot of confusion.

I think I’ll be moving along now, and leave you all to keep piling on. Enjoy!
There really isn't any confusion being created by Ford. This is the same exact process we went through almost 20 years ago. We ordered a Rubicon in '04. We were told it would be about 2 months to delivery. When it was scheduled for production, we were notified. I followed along online, production, transport, ready to be delivered. The actual time turned out to be about a month. Same exact process.

The only confusion is in that we all come here, read a bunch of threads full of speculation, and hope that our Maverick will somehow magically appear in our driveways tomorrow.

James

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They built the bronco mannequins early in every config to test them and learn how to build. Now that they have the production part down (minus MIC tops) dealers are only getting base and big bend soft tops for stock

Seems like similar logic here. Dealers get the first month of production while they learn what they're doing, and then retails get their custom built trucks as the line is running smoothly
my dealer has a soft top on the lot, only one.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There really isn't any confusion being created by Ford. This is the same exact process we went through almost 20 years ago. We ordered a Rubicon in '04. We were told it would be about 2 months to delivery. When it was scheduled for production, we were notified. I followed along online, production, transport, ready to be delivered. The actual time turned out to be about a month. Same exact process.

The only confusion is in that we all come here, read a bunch of threads full of speculation, and hope that our Maverick will somehow magically appear in our driveways tomorrow.
EXACTLY!!

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I currently drive a Jeep. Before that a BMW and before that a Renegade. I've had a couple of Fords, but I'm not a die hard. Let me add my input. I work for a company that manufactures Electro Optical Surveillance Equipment, and even we are at the mercy of suppliers. Our lead times have doubled recently.

Ford's communication is not terrible. It's actually quite good for how big they are. Imagine putting an order in on something and not knowing the price of it.

signtist00

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 F-150, '16 F-150, '05 Thunderbird, '18 Lincoln
What crazy reservation fee? I paid a fully refundable $500 deposit when I ordered, but nothing to reserve.
I paid no reservation fee on either the Maverick or my Bronco. I even offered to pay the $100 and the dealer said it wasn't necessary.

Shelby1962

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many…
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid no reservation fee on either the Maverick or my Bronco. I even offered to pay the $100 and the dealer said it wasn't necessary.
Mine is paid in full, patiently waiting. Traded in a 2020 F250 for more than i paid last year. The market is so upside down.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no such thing as a reservation fee. All reservations were free.
it depends on the dealer. there are some that ask for $100 other $500 other just the driver license.. at this stage all refundable as far as I know
Sponsored